Page 1 of 25
... LastLast

Artifact Knowledge cap nerfed to 40

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...tfixes-may-22/

Artifact Knowledge can now be researched to a maximum level of 40 (was 50).
    Developers’ Notes: We raised the Knowledge cap from 40 to 50 very late in the 7.2 PTR cycle, out of an abundance of caution: We wanted to ensure that players of all playstyles, as well as alt characters, would view the Concordance trait as accessible. However, between the additional Artifact Power gains added in 7.2 and others that were hotfixed in after the patch released, we’re now well ahead of that mark. Knowledge 40 now seems more than sufficient for players to reach Concordance, and the prospect of months’ worth of additional Knowledge still left to research makes some players feel like their efforts in the interim aren’t meaningful. Therefore, we’re rolling the cap back to 40.
    Blizzard no. People are already complaining enough about the AP Grind for weapons. Very center of a lot of peoples dislike of the game right now.

This is like trying to put out the fire by pouring gasoline onto it.

They are actually quite right though. Right now we are at a point where you can comfortably get concordance with little effort, which is basically where the power growth kinda stops, without making AP completely worthless after reaching it.

I understand why they did it. It doesn't take much effort to get Concordance now as we get closer to 40 and there's still months down the road before 7.3 comes out to expand the system more. As we closed in on 50, people would have already effectively maxed out all artifacts on their characters and AP was becoming more useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Really annoying for those of us with alts. Back to requiring me to play it a LOT each week to keep it up. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    Blizzard no. People are already complaining enough about the AP Grind for weapons. Very center of a lot of peoples dislike of the game right now.

This is like trying to put out the fire by pouring gasoline onto it.
    Anyone complaining about an ap "grind" is an idiot, you do not currently have to grind to compete. It's an unbelievably small dps increase to grind out even 10 traits more than your competitior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    I understand why they did it. It doesn't take much effort to get Concordance now as we get closer to 40 and there's still months down the road before 7.3 comes out to expand the system more. As we closed in on 50, people would have already effectively maxed out all artifacts on their characters and AP was becoming more useless.
    I'd like to point out, that reaching max concordance rank requires 865trillion AP. The average AP token is roughly 400 base, at knowledge 40 these will give between 13-15million AP, meaning you have to farm between 50,000 and 70,000 AP tokens. Enjoy.

I understand why they did it, but I don't agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by theyanger View Post
    Really annoying for those of us with alts. Back to requiring me to play it a LOT each week to keep it up. No thanks.
    "keep up" lol like it matters, the trait does nearly nothing after the first trait.

I already have concordance and I'm by no means a hardcore player. You definitely don't need AK50 to get concordance. But, as always, people are going to cry rivers of salt over a change that really won't have any meaningful impact on them.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by theyanger View Post
    ???
    You don't even have AK 40 yet. How could you have stopped doing something and have to start doing something else now that they have lowered the cap?
    AK 40 is easily enough to get all of your alts Concordance.
    They probably won't cap concordance, but you don't need to on every character.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonjooce View Post
    I'd like to point out, that reaching max concordance rank requires 865trillion AP. The average AP token is roughly 400 base, at knowledge 40 these will give between 13-15million AP, meaning you have to farm between 50,000 and 70,000 AP tokens. Enjoy.
    That's why I said effective max. The return on Concordance points is pretty damn pathetic to begin with. 40 is plenty to unlock Concordance with decent investment on pretty much all specs before 7.3 even goes live to add more to the system. AP was going to become totally useless within a few weeks if they let us keep going past 40.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonjooce View Post
    You aren't meant to max out concordance. You'd be stupid to look at it that way. It's meant to be an impossible to reach max before 7.3 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Anyone complaining about an ap "grind" is an idiot, you do not currently have to grind to compete. It's an unbelievably small dps increase to grind out even 10 traits more than your competitior.
    That begs the question of why even have an AP grind in the first place, doesn't it.

Knowledge 40 now seems more than sufficient for players to reach Concordance, and the prospect of months’ worth of additional Knowledge still left to research makes some players feel like their efforts in the interim aren’t meaningful. Therefore, we’re rolling the cap back to 40.

THAT PROSPECT of clicking 1 button every 5 days to progress AK research.....

is insane, my poor fingers are saved!!!!

they are getting lazy in their lies

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Yeah what a terrible problem for blizzard to let people have - the ability to "finish" their artifacts for a little while.

Guess the dreams of starting alts with AK 45 and not having to actually farm AP all day to even get into raids is over...

grind
    grund

grundy

grind

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    That begs the question of why even have an AP grind in the first place, doesn't it.
    There isn't an AP grind, it's just there as an extra source of progression. The most minor of a reward.

Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    Yeah what a terrible problem for blizzard to let people have - the ability to "finish" their artifacts for a little while.
    You'll still be able to do it with 40 and easily if you only play like one or two specs. The grind is already technically over for most players at 52 anyways.

Blizzard devs are clueless morons.

Who gives a shit?

For 99.9999% of the playerbase the "grind" ends at 52 traits unless you're some delusional turbonerd who thinks doing 16 hour shifts of M+ is gonna get you anywhere.