Thread: New Dragon Age

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Cole with anybody in the party is super interesting. Having him blurt out their secrets was fantastic.

Too bad his role is the worst one for the AI to figure out how to do. At least with Sera she just stands there shooting stuff with a bow.
    Vivenne running in to use some battlemage abilities and then...just standing in melee range and face tanking using her ranged attacks rather than going back to ranged was fun.

Seriously, someone at BW needs to start investing in better AI if they're going to continue to make all their games with NPC companions that are constantly with the players. It continues to bum me out that in most games we still appear to be using AI that's about as sophisticated as what existed in the early 2000's.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Someone needs to develop a way to have us record our own voice and after reading 4-5 sentences/paragraphs the program is able to insert the players voice in for speaking character they are playing.

Dragon Age MMO?
    I'll stick with the professional voice actors... I don't think I could listen to myself for 60+ hours =/ Or even 1 for that matter.

Dao is pretty much god tear, one of the best games ever imo.

DAII had some issues, like only 3 cave maps, and you could tell its was more of a thing ot tide you over for Dai than a real game, But in hind site it was actually really good, fun characters fun classes fun story.

DAIII. I had some issues with Da III. Like Andromida, i found it lacking in the strait male romance option department. Da O Gave you two polar opposites for main romances, as did Da II, they also had massive amounts of connection with the plot, aka dark rituial. You also had loads of other options, like fathering a son in a one night stand if you are a dwarf noble, or marrying the queen if you are a human noble. Female elf inquisitors are the only ones whose romances tie in on the level of Morrigan or Alistair. Just bring back the plot depth, shit like the landsmeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Vivenne running in to use some battlemage abilities and then...just standing in melee range and face tanking using her ranged attacks rather than going back to ranged was fun.

Seriously, someone at BW needs to start investing in better AI if they're going to continue to make all their games with NPC companions that are constantly with the players. It continues to bum me out that in most games we still appear to be using AI that's about as sophisticated as what existed in the early 2000's.
    LOL That's funny.

I never used Vivienne because I can't stand her character. I know that's kind of the point, that she's one of those contradictory individuals who hates on the thing that they themselves are, but I just...I can't deal with her bitchiness. She's just annoying to me. And so much so that I actually quite like Anders, when most people I knew hated him, but I couldn't deal with Vivienne.

DAII had some issues, like only 3 cave maps, and you could tell its was more of a thing ot tide you over for Dai than a real game, But in hind site it was actually really good, fun characters fun classes fun story.
    DA2 gets so much unfair hatred imo. Yes, the repeated environments is bad. But other than that I thought the rest of it was pretty great. I loved the story (Earlier I already expressed my boredom at the idea of the Darkspawn -- and thus I liked the Mage vs Templar dynamic far more), I loved virtually all of the characters. I liked Hawke. I like the small time skips between acts. I liked Meredith as the villain. I liked the combat. I liked everything about it except the repeated environments.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-05-23 at 12:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    What do I want? Dragon Age: Origins 2 please.

That said I did enjoy DA:II's story. I just wish there were less busywork mobs and we got to explore outside the city every once in a while.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-05-23 at 01:07 AM.

Can't say I'm surprised, I mean at the end of the last DLC they outright set it up for another game. ME and DA will either be around until they stop raking in cash with these games or BioWare just gets tired of them.

Deleted
    I loved Dragon Age Origins and i hated the other two. Didn't bothered finishing the Inquisition because the terrible combat and voiced playable characters in RPGs ruins the immersion for me. I liked just being a part of the wardens instead of some God level champion of blablablablabla. Want the combat to return to it's origins roots if i remember correctly Dragon Age 2 had the same combat but it was a little more flashy so that's good but it had less choice.

The starting zones in Origins where fucking amazing and the world was too. I won't buy any RPG with voiced playable character and those retarded wheels.

DA2 gets so much unfair hatred imo. Yes, the repeated environments is bad. But other than that I thought the rest of it was pretty great. I loved the story (Earlier I already expressed my boredom at the idea of the Darkspawn -- and thus I liked the Mage vs Templar dynamic far more), I loved virtually all of the characters. I liked Hawke. I like the small time skips between acts. I liked Meredith as the villain. I liked the combat. I liked everything about it except the repeated environments.
    Pretty much all of this. I'm the type of asshole hipster that hates DA:O but quite enjoyed DA2. Give me more "grounded" stories that involve in-game politics and factions you can interact with please, far more interesting than dealing with darkspawn etc.

Man, just a DA game where you can legitimately progress through/beat the game using politics/diplomacy in addition to the normal combat route...man, now I'm getting excited over shit that will never exist.

Just integrate the Fallout 3/New Vegas way of using charisma to progress if you want, and it'd be great. Give me DA2 with that.

10+ Year Old Account

The likes of Cole and Vivienne could have been so much better if the AI were just capable of dealing with their toolkits. Both knight enchanters and assassins are in the top 3 of most powerful specs in the game, but the AI is just so god awful at the game anything but manual control doesn't suffice for anything bur keeping them with a strictly ranged spec. The assassins death mark ability when combined with a tempest 3 bars focus can also drop a high dragon in 10 seconds flat, it's ridiculous.

LOL That's funny.

I never used Vivienne because I can't stand her character. I know that's kind of the point, that she's one of those contradictory individuals who hates on the thing that they themselves are, but I just...I can't deal with her bitchiness.

Ya Da 2 did so many things right, the dialogue system, friendship/rivalry all the political intrigue. i still remember vividly earning the Arishock's respect for most of the game allowing me to unlock the option to dual him 1v1 to save Isabella who was my li, instead of it ending up a blood bath, granted the fucking dual was brutal as i was a mage, but the level of depth was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Ya Da 2 did so many things right, the dialogue system, friendship/rivalry all the political intrigue. i still remember vividly earning the Arishock's respect for most of the game allowing me to unlock the option to dual him 1v1 to save Isabella who was my li, instead of it ending up a blood bath, granted the fucking dual was brutal as i was a mage, but the level of depth was awesome.
    Most people I knew who played it didn't even know you could 1v1 the Arishok or that Isabella would come back. Apparently many people just had her permanently leave and the Arishok immediately attack them.

I always had her come back and have the Arishok 1v1 me. I guess I enjoyed the conversational and political aspect of that game more than most?

Pretty much all of this. I'm the type of asshole hipster that hates DA:O but quite enjoyed DA2. Give me more "grounded" stories that involve in-game politics and factions you can interact with please, far more interesting than dealing with darkspawn etc.

Man, just a DA game where you can legitimately progress through/beat the game using politics/diplomacy in addition to the normal combat route...man, now I'm getting excited over shit that will never exist.
    We had the in DaO with the landsmeet, especially if you let the female knight take you prisoner, forcing your companions to save you, some compositions can do it withought any fighting iirc.

We had the in DaO with the landsmeet, especially if you let the female knight take you prisoner, forcing your companions to save you, some compositions can do it withought any fighting iirc.
    YES! I loved the Landsmeet. Turning everyone against stupid Loghain was a thing of beauty. Especially when dumbass Anora flips on you after promising to help you. I always always always had Alistair execute him.

My canon was my Warden and Alistair ruled as King and Queen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been wanting a demon companion ever since Origins. Desire Demon companion at that, romanceable, of course!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Most people I knew who played it didn't even know you could 1v1 the Arishok or that Isabella would come back. Apparently many people just had her permanently leave and the Arishok immediately attack them.

I always had her come back and have the Arishok 1v1 me. I guess I enjoyed the conversational and political aspect of that game more than most?
    Ya, the politics are some of my favorite parts of the series, Especially as Dwarf or Human nobles. Do i help my brother who stabbed me in the back but is also a new thinker and reformer or do i trust an old friend who continues down the path that has lead the dwarfs down decline? Even more complicated if you have the son, do i trust either with the anvil which may be vital to my races survival?

As a human noble warden do i fuck over Alistair, a relatively nice guy and become king, for the greater good of my house?

Damn it time for a new play through.

Yeah, there are a few minor storylines throughout the series that you can resolve via dialogue rather than combat.

I was getting more at being able to resolve the whole game this way. Like, you legitimately never need to engage in combat with your companions. Instead, you can work with your companions to progress purely through dialogue/diplomacy, without ever needing to personally lay a finger on anyone. Need to sleep around to get a bunch of favors while also getting blackmail material? Fuck yeah. Need to build a network of contacts to open up negotiations with a hostile force in the hopes of a peaceful resolution, rather than going to war with them? Fuck yeah. Need to go to fancy dinner parties and balls to maintain alliances while also ferreting out any plots to backstab you or sabotage your efforts in another area? Fuck yeah.

I've wanted to see a game like that for quite some time (closest I can think of is Ever Jane, but haven't had the chance to dive in to see how it actually is) because taking non-traditional, non-combat approaches to resolving issues that have traditionally been resolved in games with violence continues to fascinate me. I'm still holding out hope for an Assassin's Creed game where the protagonist is a female during like the Victorian era or some where, where open combat is flat out not possible for a host of reasons - leaving you instead to use societies views of women during that era to your advantage and as the means to assassinating your targets (luring victims into alleys by pretending to be a helpless woman etc.)

And this bit of a trip down memory lane with DA is making my mind wander with the possibilities now...damnit all -_-

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    What do you want to come of it?
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/...eing-developed

A new Dragon Age game is in the works, according to BioWare writer Alexis Kennedy.

Speaking with Eurogamer, Kennedy talked about his remote role with the RPG developer and what it's like working on such a massive project. Previously, he created Sunless Sea and scripted story DLC for Stellaris.

"There are huge differences between all of that and what I'm working on at BioWare," Kennedy told Eurogamer with a pause, adding "which I can now legitimately say is in the Dragon Age franchise although it has been known for a while.

"Notionally it was a secret but, because of who I was working with, everyone who cared knew. And then the day I started, Mark Darrah [executive producer of the Dragon Age franchise] tweeted saying, 'Welcome to the Dragon Age franchise,' so I thought, well, I guess that's official now then."
    if ME ANdromeda is anything to go by, I have zero fucking hopes for anything from Bioware now. EA is incompetent. Bioware doesnt give a shit anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I've been wanting a demon companion ever since Origins. Desire Demon companion at that, romanceable, of course!
    Not sure how they could do that without you just dying like if you tried to have sex with Morinth in Mass Effect 2.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's hope it isn't another piece of Agenda driven, Bug ridden shitcake like Andromeda.