Might not be Isis, Bin Ladens' son recently announced pleas for lone wolf style attacks on the west. Perhaps one listened?

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Yeah because its not like Irish unity has been firing up again post Brexit or anything.
    That's the last time I try to back you up, pal!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Probably because the liberal bias on this forum tends to try to protect the group typically responsible for these things and people try to point out maybe we should fix the problem rather than calling the fact that people see the problem to be a racist.
    I think no one on this forum wants to protect the group typically responsible for this, i.e. terrorists (whoever might be behind this, I tend to wait for information on that).
    The difference between liberal and non-liberal here is rather in how the problem is to be fixed.

Liberals tend to believe that going after the greater group that those terrorists came from and punishing them as a whole is wrong and will only help actual terrorists radicalize people. Other groups tend to believe that kicking said people out or ostracizing them will either get rid of them, or limit the potential damage they can cause.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    They did mostly target soldiers, but they also detonated car bombs, and set off devices in train stations and shopping centres. They didn't give a fuck.
    I see, thanks for informing me.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    White nationalist nazis strike again.
    Where is Tenisacle when we need her?
    Please link us a fearmongering article about the rising far-right, i can't sleep until

15+ Year Old Account
    Im betting 100euros that its a lone person that did it thats NOT affiliated with ISIS, but got inspired by similar ISIS attacks.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    I am speechless, really.
    What for?

I grew up with the IRA, they blew this fucking city to pieces there's still parts they're rebuilding. It was dumb luck I wasn't caught up in that one, because I was supposed to actually be in town that day. They killed two kids my age at the time not far away from here around that time too.

You obviously don't know what it's like to have an active, persistent terror threat like that in your life. IS doesn't even come close to how fucking scary the IRA were.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    We had a peace process start. With Brexit, that whole deal is now under threat. As unlikely as it is, it's not beyond the bounds of possibility. And, this really doesn't fit IS's MO at all, no suicide, multiple devices...
    Pretty sure Ariana Grande is pretty much the antithesis of Islam when we're talking why someone would do it also. There have been not many "suicide" cases lately if anything and as such it still does fit their MO as there is no real MO anymore other than their ideology(a woman barely dressed in sexual positions is definitely against it).

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    I think no one on this forum wants to protect the group typically responsible for this, i.e. terrorists (whoever might be behind this, I tend to wait for information on that).
    The difference between liberal and non-liberal here is rather in how the problem is to be fixed.

Liberals tend to believe that going after the greater group that those terrorists came from and punishing them as a whole is wrong and will only help actual terrorists radicalize people. Other groups tend to believe that kicking said people out or ostracizing them will either get rid of them, or limit the potential damage they can cause.
    Sane people rather fight them in their country and not in your country.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Im betting 100euros that its a lone person that did it thats NOT affiliated with ISIS, but got inspired by similar ISIS attacks.
    Which might as well be ISIS then considering it's their ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Why exactly is it a bad or wrong thing to speculate that Islamic terrorists are behind this but ok to speculate any other terrorist group?
    You really ask that? I was infracted (bashing religions) for even naming "islamists" as a possible cause in another incident.

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    Look, I don't know how to break it to you but whether or not this is Islamic terrorism, it wouldn't change the general opinion about Islam & terrorism perpetrated around the world frequently in its name.

Sorry to rip you out of the delusion you live in.
    The fuck are you even talking about here. I'm not interested in changing people's opinions on Islam. I hate that religion like I do Catholicism that people were using to tell me I was evil for being gay while growing up. Fuck all religions.

I care about the actual facts, not the tribalistic circle jerk over Islam every single time a bad thing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The IRA have been responsible for some pretty horrific things. If they were/are becoming active in the bombing area again it will be a very scary time for everyone in their vicinity.
    I do not think the IRA would stoop this low to kill children etc

And it was a Suicide bomber.. The IRA never used this technique in killing or maiming anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    What for?

I grew up with the IRA, they blew this fucking city to pieces there's still parts they're rebuilding. It was dumb luck I wasn't caught up in that one, because I was supposed to actually be in town that day. They killed two kids my age at the time not far away from here around that time too.

You obviously don't know what it's like to have an active, persistent terror threat like that in your life. IS doesn't even come close to how fucking scary the IRA were.
    Is that so? Have you missed the thousands of attacks like this in the middleeast by isis against civilians? It happens daily there so no.

They have killed hundreds in singel attacks there like 200-300 in one bomb.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-05-23 at 12:46 AM.

Some of you need Jesus.

What kind of gain could be had from this? I understand terrorism sometimes comes down to just killing people. But these are kids... They're just kids

Deleted
    If it wasn't a suicide bomb i really hope they got good footage of the person :\

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post

It is more about vetting people coming from 'outside', so criminals stop coming to EU. But European union seems to not care at all ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    And it turned out to be some guy high on PCP. You didn't even wait to find out of it is was terrorism. You just jumped straight to suggesting Islamic terrorism.
    #notprojecting2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Why exactly is it a bad or wrong thing to speculate that Islamic terrorists are behind this but ok to speculate any other terrorist group?
    To speculate something and claim something is quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    And it turned out to be some guy high on PCP. You didn't even wait to find out of it is was terrorism. You just jumped straight to suggesting Islamic terrorism.
    Nope, I put three possible causes (old people / drug addicts (bingo bingo) / islamists). Dont lie pls. Did I bash old people and drug addicts too?

What for?
    Because people, apparently, hope it is a certain kind a person or group who commited the attacks, though given your history I can understand it from your point of view.

Really, though.