Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    They are the most active and visible right now, sure, but that doesn't justify flipping out about Muslims anytime something bad happens, even before figuring out if it was terrorism or not. That's just reckless assumption.
    Thing is though with that one in times square, on the surface from initial reports it was very similar to the recent car attacks in Europe, so suggesting that would have been muslim wasn't really a stretch or a really far fetched.

I think it was far fetched in that thread about a school shooting, that one was stupid to blame on muslims from the start as it doesn't fit their recent attack styles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    potentially our 2nd islamic terror attack in the UK of 2017, lets hope we don't hit 4 by the end of the year.

Don't want to turn this into a political thread, but these attacks are going to make it easier for the government to push through their surveillance and internet controls legislation :\
    Why control immigration when you can just try and control the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    What for?

I grew up with the IRA, they blew this fucking city to pieces there's still parts they're rebuilding. It was dumb luck I wasn't caught up in that one, because I was supposed to actually be in town that day. They killed two kids my age at the time not far away from here around that time too.

You obviously don't know what it's like to have an active, persistent terror threat like that in your life. IS doesn't even come close to how fucking scary the IRA were.
    I worked in London while the IRA were active. They actually bombed the station I used to commute from (Victoria), and one day at work my street was evacuated while they dealt with a device in a litter bin. I also happened to be close by when they tried to mortar Downing Street. IIRC a lot of the time they'd actually give a warning beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    What is this forum for if we can't post about what we think? Why even post something before the full story has developed? There would be nothing to talk about. It is an islamic terrorist probably 8 times out of 10 so of course people will say "its probably that"
    He could have typed terrorist and it would have been fine but typed "islamist" instead.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are the most active and visible right now, sure, but that doesn't justify flipping out about Muslims anytime something bad happens, even before figuring out if it was terrorism or not. That's just reckless assumption.
    IN honesty, the fact that it has turned out to be them in many of these situations doesn't make it reckless assumptions when it is a common occurrence.

Definitely did not. Learn to read.
    And it turned out to be some guy high on PCP.
    There is no other way to understand what you wrote. You are just shy to admit that you are projecting, or talking before checking facts - just like you said to other people thinking it is terror attack ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I worked in London while the IRA were active. They actually bombed the station I used to commute from (Victoria), and one day at work my street was evacuated while they dealt with a device in a litter bin. I also happened to be close by when they tried to mortar Downing Street. IIRC a lot of the time they'd actually give a warning beforehand.
    People like to ignore the fact they give warning, even the Manchester bombing they phoned in and gave warning.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The fuck are you even talking about here. I'm not interested in changing people's opinions on Islam. I hate that religion like I do Catholicism that people were using to tell me I was evil for being gay while growing up. Fuck all religions.

I care about the actual facts, not the tribalistic circle jerk over Islam every single time a bad thing happens.
    A bit of gallows humor is hardly a circle jerk. Don't be so sensitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    IN honesty, the fact that it has turned out to be them in many of these situations doesn't make it reckless assumptions when it is a common occurrence.
    The problem is that when assumptions get stated as fact; once people stop following the story people will remember the assumptions and not the facts. So, if people keep repeating that it's IS or whatever, people are going to attribute it to IS even if it turns out to be something else entirely. That doesn't need to happen.

I think it was far fetched in that thread about a school shooting, that one was stupid to blame on muslims from the start as it doesn't fit their recent attack styles.
    Which is a nonsensical thing to say.

The "problem" will remain for as long as we aren't allowed to talk about it, and for as long as we keep looking into the other direction when something happens. It will take a very brave person and a lot of support to initiate a proper constructive discussion.

I dont think folks were flipping out about it being Muslims, more like its become so common Folks just expect it to be so.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Deleted
    Ima go ahead and take a guess that the Amish people are responsible.

It's purely about bias.
    We get it right 9 out of 10 times, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ynnady View Post
    Ima go ahead and take a guess that the Amish people are responsible.
    #notallantibaptists

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    A bit of gallows humor is hardly a circle jerk. Don't be so sensitive.
    Is this the new excuse now every time people get called out for tribalistic circle jerking? I've heard this excuse and usage of the term "gallows humor" More in the last month than almost the last decade combined.

"Oh it was just a bit of gallows humor!"

No, sorry. You don't know what gallows humor is if you think immediately rushing to blame Islam everytime something bad happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    We get it right 9 out of 10 times, though.
    Not hard when they commit 19/20 really, but they don't like statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Let the muslim bashing begins! ooh mmo-c are so predictable.
    Lets justify terrorists instead. Like "they were feeling uncomfortable in UK", or "they just followed someone else" or "not all terrorists". /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NINJA SLAYER View Post
    People like to ignore the fact they give warning, even the Manchester bombing they phoned in and gave warning.
    Not always, the later bombings by the 'Real IRA' notoriously didn't and led to a lot of deaths. Others, like the Warrington bombing also came with no warning. 'Mostly' was not 'always'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Pretty sure Ariana Grande is pretty much the antithesis of Islam when we're talking why someone would do it also. There have been not many "suicide" cases lately if anything and as such it still does fit their MO as there is no real MO anymore other than their ideology(a woman barely dressed in sexual positions is definitely against it).
    Except there is no justification whatsoever anywhere in Islam for harming innocents especially women and children regardless of whether they are "infidels". They are long past the point pretending to be doing this in the name of religion and it's just a convenient scapegoat to recruit deranged idiots while those on the top sit back.

Bin Laden was a known womanizer who kept sex slaves and drank alcohol. Similar reports and accounts have come out regarding ISIS. Yes there is no question there are highly unsavory parts in the Quran and some Hadith, but ISIS and their justifications for the atrocities they have been committing goes way beyond just Islam.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Lets justify terrorists instead. Like "they were feeling uncomfortable in UK", or "they just followed someone else" or "not all terrorists". /s
    Why is the response to, "Let's not immediately blame a group for something we know so little about" to immediately flip to the most extreme defense possible of, "YEAH LET'S JUSTIFY TERRORISM!" ?

How insanely intellectual dishonest.

You DO realize asking to know all the information before condemning ANYBODY over a terrorist attack is not defending what happened, or any group in particular, right? Do you understand the difference between the two entirely different things you're pretending is the same, right?
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-05-23 at 12:59 AM.