Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    Blizzard no. People are already complaining enough about the AP Grind for weapons.
    I've got to concordance on my weapon, with zero AP grind at all. At AK 36.

40 seems like a solid stopping point.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    Blizzard would be so much better off if they'd just have let you max out your artifact. Some people can't control themselves when it comes to grinding for (what they think is) a benefit. If they really wanted to reward people who grind (and want to stay in that spec), maybe just split up the AP you gain and send it to the other artifacts.
    Old 54 trait shows that no, players can't handle an AP system that is possible to cap. With Concordance, every player will eventually find the point where they feel like getting another +200 on the proc isn't worth whatever amount of WQs or m+ worth of AP to get. The moment Concordance can be capped you'd see Mythic raiders going apeshit all over again.

But for now I'm just going to 'enjoy' the usual shortsightedness of players, complaining that AK40 instead of 50 is making them less likely to play alts when we haven't even hit 38 yet. These guys can't spend a lot of time thinking how narrowminded such complaints are. Reminds me of MoP beta where Blizzard increased exp to level and people whined about that too, instead of realizing that leveling past a zone when you've done a quarter of the quests isn't good either.

Nah, now people felt entitled to AK50 because it got past PTR.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-05-23 at 02:08 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by elementstorm View Post
    let me preface this by saying I do not have more than 1 point in concordance and do not know if it increases stamina after that point (but the tooltip doesn't have the cap like it used to) but...

I like how everyone is complaining about/not caring about the fact it's a minor dps increase, but ignoring the fact that each point is 0.75% stamina, so someone with 1 point in it would have a bonus 38% stamina or so from their weapon, and someone with 50 points would have an extra 75.75% stamina. so while the dps difference isn't to big. that's a lot of extra HP that's missing.
    I'm pretty sure Concordance points don't give you the same amount of stam per point, if they give you any.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I mean, I don't really see why a stopping point was needed in the first place. I thought stopping at 50 vs just letting it scale infinitely until the end of the expansion was a mistake too. It feels good to get AK every 5 days, and it feels good to get a new trait about every 5 days. Concordance is already weak enough that there isn't a massive player power gain to be obtained by getting significantly ahead. However, wasn't the entire point of most of the Legion system changes to make content last longer, and to make repeatable content - whether it's world quests, 5 mans, farming raids, etc. feel rewarding, so people feel that they always have stuff to do?

Cutting AK gains off make traits past about 62-65 not reasonably obtainable, and essentially remove the value of AP as a reward. I don't see why that's a good thing given how much the Legion reward structure is built around the value of AP. Why would they want to give people less reason to do content? They already solved the problem in EN/ToV where there was too much of a player power reward from extreme AP grinding. This is just a pointless change that actively breaks their own reward structure, and I really don't see what they were thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Why don't they just cap AP traits at 52? What's the point in leaving it uncapped?
    Because they'd lose their carrot on the stick. Can't have an end to the grind in Legion - gotta keep you loggin in.

OT: 50 or 40...doesn't make a difference to me. It just means every x days I wont have an additional Order Resource sink and will end up banking it because I already can't go through them fast enough. A little annoyed that they made such a pointless change though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    I mean, I don't really see why a stopping point was needed in the first place. I thought stopping at 50 vs just letting it scale infinitely until the end of the expansion was a mistake too. It feels good to get AK every 5 days, and it feels good to get a new trait about every 5 days. Concordance is already weak enough that there isn't a massive player power gain to be obtained by getting significantly ahead. However, wasn't the entire point of most of the Legion system changes to make content last longer, and to make repeatable content - whether it's world quests, 5 mans, farming raids, etc. feel rewarding, so people feel that they always have stuff to do?

Cutting AK gains off make traits past about 62-65 not reasonably obtainable, and essentially remove the value of AP as a reward. I don't see why that's a good thing given how much the Legion reward structure is built around the value of AP. Why would they want to give people less reason to do content? They already solved the problem in EN/ToV where there was too much of a player power reward from extreme AP grinding. This is just a pointless change that actively breaks their own reward structure, and I really don't see what they were thinking.
    The reason they don't is because the bold part is a lie. It's not much point over point, but neither was the meta one the first time around(.5% iirc). But once you get 10 points out? 20? People, even those not in WF guilds, will chase it. And how to do end up balancing the Argus raid around whatever Concordance people have in a couple months? So you either choose to have a stopping point, which is laughable, or you devalue the reward into nothingness - which is what they've chose to do.
    Last edited by cfStatic; 2017-05-23 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post

The reason they don't is because the bold part is a lie. It's not much point over point, but neither was the meta one the first time around(.5% iirc). But once you get 10 points out? 20? People, even those not in WF guilds, will chase it. And how to do end up balancing the Argus raid around whatever Concordance people have in a couple months? So you either choose to have a stopping point, which is laughable, or you devalue the reward into nothingness - which is what they've chose to do.
    With how trait costs and AK scaling works, there is literally no possible way you would get 20 or even 10 points ahead of another player. Even if player A is farming AP all day, and player B does nothing but their weekly M+, emissary caches and show up for raid, player B is still going to be within ~3 traits of player A. The scaling of costs, and the diminishing returns of repeatable content (M+ has pretty terrible AP gains per hour spent) make it impossible. The system was already fine.

Plus, it isn't comparable to the old paragon trait.
    (1) Trait costs for the old paragon trait were only going up by about 10% per trait. They were flat enough that people could just hardcore grind and get way ahead. You can't do that with the Concordance (as explained above) because the trait costs are exponential.
    (2) 0.5% player power per trait was not an insignificant amount. 1 point of Concordance is only worth 40-50 primary stat. We will probably be at ~70,000 primary stat in ToS gear, so you are looking at ~+0.06% gain to your primary, which is some level less than that in terms of gain to total DPS/HPS. Added Concordance traits are something like 1/20 as powerful as the 0.5% throughput traits were. If someone could only get a max of ~3 traits ahead (which I think is likely), the most they would be is like 0.1%-0.2% player power ahead of a player playing much less. This variance is too trivial to fucking matter.

Its just pointless... let us have it =/

Well this will make the ap grind for 868 trillion a lot more grandeur /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theyanger View Post
    Really annoying for those of us with alts. Back to requiring me to play it a LOT each week to keep it up. No thanks.
    Just buy the books every 5 levels for 1000 resources and mail to your alt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post

Because 10 level * 5 days is 50 more days of people feeling like they need to keep grinding as the AK increases balance out the requirement for the next point. I swear I read AK boosted it by 30% and each new point is 30% more AP.

They want the remaining points to come naturally and not be something you should be grinding for.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Well this will make the ap grind for 868 trillion a lot more grandeur /s
    If you ever thought you were going to max concordance you're a bigger fool than you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Anyone complaining about an ap "grind" is an idiot, you do not currently have to grind to compete. It's an unbelievably small dps increase to grind out even 10 traits more than your competitior.
    10 levels is the same as getting another Concordance, its not small. 50 levels is 10k stat, have you ever played diablo 3 ? Getting Paragon levels is a pain in the abck but ppl that doe get a shitom of it are godlike. Trying to make ppl not grind AP by making the grind a chore is not a smart solution at all.

Concordance is literally useless beyond the first point.

800-1200 DPS per rank on Patchwerk. And each rank takes a full week to obtain roughly until we hit AK40 cap. Then it will start to take exponentially longer up-to a point where your standard AP farming(doing WQs+old/new raids) routine will give you 1 rank per month.

Finally good news, im tired to see blizzard catering to casuals... You must earn the right to have those procs

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

800-1200 DPS per rank on Patchwerk. And each rank takes a full week to obtain roughly until we hit AK40 cap. Then it will start to take exponentially longer up-to a point where your standard AP farming(doing WQs+old/new raids) routine will give you 1 rank per month.
    Although I disagree with the change, I find your use of the word 'literally' to be quite skewed.

Your chart even shows gains. Even if they are not to your (or anyones) liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

Bbbut muh completely fabricated claims that I need this to keep up with the rest of my raiders in my world ranked 75000 guild!1

Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    Although I disagree with the change, I find your use of the word 'literally' to be quite skewed.

Your chart even shows gains. Even if they are not to your (or anyones) liking.
    If you honest to god think that is some meaningful gain worth spending 18 hours a day pointlessly grinding for a month please seek mental help. I'm 100% serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I'm pretty sure Concordance points don't give you the same amount of stam per point, if they give you any.
    It acts as a rank, why would it not give the boosted stamina like what is stated?

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    10 levels is the same as getting another Concordance, its not small. 50 levels is 10k stat, have you ever played diablo 3 ? Getting Paragon levels is a pain in the abck but ppl that doe get a shitom of it are godlike. Trying to make ppl not grind AP by making the grind a chore is not a smart solution at all.
    You are exaggerating to a ridiculous degree.

52 traits costs 2.2 billion total AP
    55 traits costs 4.9 billion total AP
    62 traits costs 31.1 billion AP

For someone to even get 3 traits ahead, they would have to do well over double the AP farming. To get 10 traits ahead, you'd have to earn ~15 times the AP. Unless you literally do nothing in game, you are not going to fall more than 3-4 traits behind even the hardcore. The top AP gainers in the world are only at 57 traits right now, while people playing very casually are hitting 52-53. It's a total non issue. 3-4 traits is probably like 0.2% more DPS. That hardly makes people "godlike". That small of a difference can be made up by having better crit RNG on a pull to pull basis or by having better RNG on getting Titanforged gear, etc. Any one that is saying they are losing on DPS meters to someone because they are 3-4 Concordance traits behind is just trying to make excuses really.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Bbbut muh completely fabricated claims that I need this to keep up with the rest of my raiders in my world ranked 75000 guild!1

If you honest to god think that is some meaningful gain worth spending 18 hours a day pointlessly grinding for a month please seek mental help. I'm 100% serious.
    Why did you assume I told you to grind 18 hours a day? I said I disagree with the change, and that the the stat is not useless. It's small, but what else ya gonna be doing with your AP?

Deleted
    " Hotfixes

Classes

Warrior
    When leaving Skyhold, Warriors are now protected by Val’kyr who insist that the player land safely and not disconnect. "

This is why I love Blizzard I'm glad they finally fixed it.

About the post: I actually don't think raising the AK to 50 was that mandatory... that's why this hotfix doesn't bug me at all. 40AK is OK to me and to everyone else. It's enough.

Edit: Dumb me, the hotfix I talked about here is actually from May 15th (don't mind that).
    Last edited by mmocefc9cb3cf7; 2017-05-23 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Guess the dreams of starting alts with AK 45 and not having to actually farm AP all day to even get into raids is over...

grind
    grund

grundy

grind
    yeah another letdown for alts legion is really a alts killer, warcraft always been so good for alt leveling and all, but legion just killed it with all those invisible wall and grinding