Thread: New Dragon Age

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I loved Dragon Age Inquisition, so I'm sure I'll have fun.

I've not played Andromeda though. So maybe my hopes are too high.

Deleted
    Dragon Age: Origins was one of the best RPG's ever made. DA2 was a good overall story, but the characters really sucked in it. DAI was terribly paced, the side quests were nothing but a boring grind, but some of the characters were decent.

Hopefully this game takes the hint and tries to be more like Dragon Age origins and less like Skyrim. With that being said, bioware seems like it has a huge talent game, and each new game the release reflects that in it's quality. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    YES! I loved the Landsmeet. Turning everyone against stupid Loghain was a thing of beauty. Especially when dumbass Anora flips on you after promising to help you. I always always always had Alistair execute him.

My canon was my Warden and Alistair ruled as King and Queen.
    I need to do this on one of my runs, haven't ye, the whole 2 wardens low fertility thing made me avoid it. Tho between being able to afford fertility magic, and both of them being exposed to the the ashes of Andraste that might not be an issue. If it ever is i guess they could Just make Fergus king.

Please make sure the people who designed Inquisition's UI are fired before the new one is past Alpha.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't get into Dragon Age Inquisition. I barely got into the story and I found the gameplay and open world aspects to be soul crushingly boring. I liked Dragon Age Origins, but I didn't LOVE it. It was cool and I liked the story and world, but the graphics were hideous. I wanted it to be isometric with no cutscenes so bad. If it looked like a Baldur's Gate game, only with voice acting, it would have been perfect. While I liked it, I played it when I was hardcore addicted to WoW back in Wrath. I felt like I was wasting my time playing anything else, so I didn't beat it. I went to revisit it years later. I added a ton of visual mods, but the graphics still made me feel ill.

I want them to bring the different origins from DAO back. It was amazing to see how the different racial backgrounds played out and how they get treated by the NPCs.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

I want the tactics system from the first two to come back.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I'll be holding out my money until some reviews come out. I've been burnt way too many times by Bioware lately.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Too bad they never made another Dragon Age after "Origins".
    Pretty much. I want DA:O again. The gameplay, the story, the mechanics.

DA2 failed on that for me. I hated the arcade-style combat. DA:I is slightly better but it just doesn't feel the same, and it felt really clunky to play without hooking up a controller.

If they can recapture what they had with DA:O, sign me the hell up. But I won't make the mistake I did with DA:I and buy it early because they were saying the right things. ("We're focusing on PC gameplay this time!" Then why the fuck are the controls so much smoother with a controller?)
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Cole with anybody in the party is super interesting. Having him blurt out their secrets was fantastic.

Too bad his role is the worst one for the AI to figure out how to do. At least with Sera she just stands there shooting stuff with a bow.
    Yeah, the AI could reasonably handle warriors, but dagger rogues were useless in its hands. Poor Cole. Albeit that didn't affect me, because I always take control of my entire party anyway. They really need to bring the Tactics system back, it was the one thing that made the AI palatable in DAO/DA2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how they could do that without you just dying like if you tried to have sex with Morinth in Mass Effect 2.
    Doesn't work like that with demons; the only thing specific to them is their ability to distort the mortals' perceived reality, like that Desire Demon in the Circle of Magi did to a Templar, making him think she is his wife in a comfy house - or like the Sloth Demon tried to trick you at the beginning of the Fade sequence into believing he is Duncan and the war is over.

I don't think Demons have any special abilities to destroy you, other than by regular physical means. Although, I'm not exactly sure how abominations are born, but I think it has to do purely with blood magic, not with interaction with demons in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Why are people acting like there was more than one DA game? There was only one Dragon Age, Origins. Everything else is just fanfiction.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Doesn't work like that with demons; the only thing specific to them is their ability to distort the mortals' perceived reality, like that Desire Demon in the Circle of Magi did to a Templar, making him think she is his wife in a comfy house - or like the Sloth Demon tried to trick you at the beginning of the Fade sequence into believing he is Duncan and the war is over.

I don't think Demons have any special abilities to destroy you, other than by regular physical means. Although, I'm not exactly sure how abominations are born, but I think it has to do purely with blood magic, not with interaction with demons in general.
    Everyone except Dwarves can be possessed, Mages are just much more easily able to be so, and are much closer to the Fade than everyone else.

The one in the tower was just being mind controlled since the outbreak happened almost immediately before you arrived. Unless you're in the Fade when it happens, it isn't an immediate snap of the finger and you're able to be possessed. Justice in awakening was Kristoff's dead body being possessed, and he certainly was not a mage. Also its entirely possible the Desire Demon was just playing with that Templar, like an animal that plays with their food.

In act 1 in DA2, there are a bunch of Templar being possessed through Blood Magic. Templar. The group whose sole creation was resistance to magic and the Fade. Abominations are special because the demon is augmenting their own power with the magical power of the Mage it has taken over.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-05-23 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Too bad they never made another Dragon Age after "Origins".
    2 was crap, Inquisition was better

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    2 was crap, Inquisition was better
    I agree DA 2 was just stale and the environment just felt bland. DA:I was overall decent towards good with a shit slow startup with the Hinterlands for the first 2-5H depending on how fast you play. For me i have DA:I in original but i got tired really fast of the stupid mission table's long mission duration so i just got a crack for it to play it offline and just keep changing the pc date to insta complete those missions cause the design of it was just too shit to just milk playtime by having to wait a long time.

7+ Year Old Account
    I want to be excited but I'm getting more and more jaded given the offerings available over the last couple years. These big companies seem to have forgotten what made the classic RPGs great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone except Dwarves can be possessed, Mages are just much more easily able to be so, and are much closer to the Fade than everyone else.

The one in the tower was just being mind controlled since the outbreak happened almost immediately before you arrived. Unless you're in the Fade when it happens, it isn't an immediate snap of the finger and you're able to be possessed. Justice in awakening was Kristoff's dead body being possessed, and he certainly was not a mage. Also its entirely possible the Desire Demon was just playing with that Templar, like an animal that plays with their food.

In act 1 in DA2, there are a bunch of Templar being possessed through Blood Magic. Templar. The group whose sole creation was resistance to magic and the Fade. Abominations are special because the demon is augmenting their own power with the magical power of the Mage it has taken over.
    Possession requires two conditions: the demon's desire to take advantage of you, and you losing the mental struggle to him/her. It is totally believable to have a renegade Desire Demon, denouncing the controlling/expansionist ways of her peers and, instead, using her abilities to assist mortals, for example. There is nothing inherently harmful in a relationship/sex with a demon, it is the usual conditions it comes along with that do not let such relationships develop far - but those conditions don't have to be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

A new dragon age being in the pipeline isn't exactly new information, is it?

What we actually lack is details such as setting, characters, locations and if there is story continuity. Because we kind of left DA: I with the world at some pretty life changing discoveries.
    Last edited by skitzin; 2017-05-23 at 06:12 AM.

Deleted
    Dragon Age is one of my favourite series despite only having played 2 and Inquisition.

I'm excited.

Played DA:I. Was alright. Bit too much filler for me but had potential. Will keep an eye on future games