Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    try getting an alt raid ready...and tell me there is not a grind and you are not 10 traits behind....
    My newest 110 hit 110 Friday and is already at wpn rank 38 on the new skill tree. You can jump right to AK 30 any single source AP quests give you millions more then other toons would have gotten from them a few months ago. The Suramar chain for example is about 100 million right now on it's own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i'm kind of upset by this. i was looking forward to getting to 50.

forty just seems so much less.
    It also means people will be AK capped in less then 2 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by theyanger View Post
    Really annoying for those of us with alts. Back to requiring me to play it a LOT each week to keep it up. No thanks.
    You don't have to play at all to keep up with your AK. You really could just keep them queued up and use them via the phone app and never log into that character. Beyond that you can jump directly to 30 now and 35 by the end of next week, what more do you want?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    You aren't meant to max out concordance. You'd be stupid to look at it that way. It's meant to be an impossible to reach max before 7.3 comes out.
    Before Legion is over under the old system with AK 50 an option. Now it is impossible to do during Legion.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i'm kind of upset by this. i was looking forward to getting to 50.

forty just seems so much less.
    Cheer up buddy because it will be the main feature in 7.3..

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, It was an incredibly shit feeling to wait for another rank of AK just sitting here doing nothing. Because anything you do with 37 will award you noticeable more AP then with 36. So I kinda glad they cut a few ranks.
    But WHOLE AP system is so shitty that it doesn't even matter what they do with it. It's awful and anti-fun.

For me personally it's not worth doing stuff unless I plan to finish it. So whole Concordance unlimited bullshit "progression" feels really bad and unsettling.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

FYI - They effectively nerfed the AP gains at max AK level - where it matters - by 93%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post

Before Legion is over under the old system with AK 50 an option. Now it is impossible to do during Legion.
    No it wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonjooce View Post
    I'd like to point out, that reaching max concordance rank requires 865trillion AP. The average AP token is roughly 400 base, at knowledge 40 these will give between 13-15million AP, meaning you have to farm between 50,000 and 70,000 AP tokens. Enjoy.
    Except your math is way off. It would require 50-70 millions of those tokens, not thousands. Trillion is 10^12, not 10^9.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    What? Who cares about what you can do before legion is over. They'll clearly raise the AK in 7.3 or 7.3.5, so it doesn't matter if you can cap it out now, the AK will increase later.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's fine, with AK 40 you will reach Legionfall very quickly.

But I think they should change how last trait works. I understand why it exist - they don't want us to vendor all artifact token for rest of expansion (so more than a year). Believe, there would be a lot of bitching: "Why Blizz doesn't let us this AP in some way? It's stupid". On the other hand people want some finishing point - we have in theory rank 50, but it's impossible to reach.

When we reach last trait it should be like this:

- next "trait" is just quest like from paragon reputations
    - when you reach it, you can choose between cache with current heroic gear, huge honor token, battle pet stuff, transmog stuff, etc.
    - you can hide progress bar.
    - cost for this endless "trait" never grows, because we gain AP in same pace with AK 40.

Are you guys serious right now? They wanted the current artifact model to last until the fall. People have concordance before the raid you were supposed to have it for Mythic of is out.

I seriously hope you guys are joking. At max artifact knowledge it would take no time at all to get to concordance.
    After that, does it even matter on alts and shit you don't play?

Please at least think about what you are saying here.
    There are people pushing 60 points already. Go play the game.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Well Corcodance was pointless to grind even with 50 AK, much more with 40. That's a good change and will make AP worthless very early and make grinding disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    ???
    You don't even have AK 40 yet. How could you have stopped doing something and have to start doing something else now that they have lowered the cap?
    AK 40 is easily enough to get all of your alts Concordance.
    They probably won't cap concordance, but you don't need to on every character.

With ak40, no one will be able to cap concordance (well, not that was possible even at ak50).
    Going beyond rank ~60 is pretty worthless now (with ak50, ~70 was doable).

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    If you ever thought you were going to max concordance you're a bigger fool than you know.
    /s = sarcasm. I know for a fact that attempting to max out concordance is foolish endeavor to attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Are you guys serious right now? They wanted the current artifact model to last until the fall. People have concordance before the raid you were supposed to have it for Mythic of is out.

I seriously hope you guys are joking. At max artifact knowledge it would take no time at all to get to concordance.

Issue here is ONCE AGAIN: Blizzard does not playtest or even keep spreadsheets of AP gains.

They just put random numbers and then hope it works, when an intern with elementary school math knowledge could calculate the rough amount of AP a person is going to get doing X, Y or/and Z activity.

They failed with the AP grind the first time around, where they supposedly projected people to have lvl 35 Artifacts for the release of Nighthold. Instead people had 35 at ToV release, and most players who were interested in Mythic NH grinded 54 traits before the raid was even out, which was initially tuned for 35 traits.

The reason NH was so tightly tuned was because there was no Artifact progression to be had which would have nerfed the content slowly. Instead we had gear as the sole way of nerfing the content. If we had 35 traits, 38 on TryHard players, when NH was released, the situation would have been entirely different. Blizzard had to react fast to tuning NH to be done at 54 traits before it was released to prevent a shitstorm of having another joke raid.

Deleted
    After that, does it even matter on alts and shit you don't play?.
    Just because you do not play your alts, it does not mean that we either.

Some of our alts are probably more geared than your main, and more advanced.
    Does that mean you're not playing your main? Think about it

So if most of you say that Concordance is pointless, yet it exists but at the same time is called "progression" by blizzard.

Who fucked up? Blizzard by making it in the first place? Blizzard by calling it a progression? Or you people for being blizzard apologists?

Don't see any issue with this, i have already 2 weapons at 52, 3rd at 45, and my alt is at 51 already also and i'm not even a hardcore player. Its really easy to softcap atleast 1 weapon to 52 before tomb.

Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    So if most of you say that Concordance is pointless, yet it exists but at the same time is called "progression" by blizzard.

Who fucked up? Blizzard by making it in the first place? Blizzard by calling it a progression? Or you people for being blizzard apologists?
    Basicly concordance is there so that AP does not get worthless (pre 7.2 ppl were selling AP tokens for gold), its first rank is quite strong, after that its just a progression systems where its nice to get a rank, but ppl should not go out of their way to get it, because its not super powerfull like the old 20 level trait was.
    Last edited by chronia; 2017-05-23 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    Don't see any issue with this, i have already 2 weapons at 52, 3rd at 45, and my alt is at 51 already also and i'm not even a hardcore player. Its really easy to softcap atleast 1 weapon to 52 before tomb.
    Since I'm about as far as you sans the alt, I would guess you either spammed m+ or did ALOT of WQs (probably all) that reward AP. Your definition of hardcore might be a bit skewed, since you had to play a lot for it. Your time investment is definitely above average.

Wtf are you talking about? No one with half brain would be hard farm for rank 60 atm. The highest guy in eu have 57, and he's not even 10/10M. The higthest Arrifact level in method is 53, 55 for exorsus. Most of those people that are """pushing for 60 before tomb" dosn't even play in top100. The only usefull part of concordance's rank 2+ is the stamina increase, couse every single trait is ~1k dps increase (even less for some classes). Unless they're tuning ToS M around 70+ traits (and i doubt that this would be the case, couse 70 traits is pretty much the soft cap atm, couse, past that u need more then 200m+ for every single trait at ak50) farming for concordance will be totally useless.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post

Basicly concordance is there so that AP does not get worthless (pre 7.2 ppl were selling AP tokens for gold), its first rank is quite strong, after that its just a progression systems where its nice to get a rank, but ppl should not go out of their way to get it, because its not super powerfull like the old 20 level trait was.
    So why not just remove it and all AP quests once your main and offspecs are capped? And Convert the AP quests into different things - Extra rep tokens, gold, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerfing AK = Nerfing alts..

DKs need to grind 51 traits x3 to get the pets.. The difference in AP on 40vs50 is HUGE!!!!
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/