Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Don't you know how to lie? Plan ahead of time and stay the night at a friend's house with more lenient parents.

15 is when I started drinking, I had the time of my life at that age. Don't miss out on the fun! Also try to be responsible, I lost a friend who was driving drunk. Also had a friend crash his bicycle and smashed his face into steel, he's got stitches going from one ear to his forehead and to his other ear. They had to peel off his skin to replace his nose.
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    if everyone from your friends is partying but they wont let you go what would you do?
    I would totally freak out, since my parents have been dead for many years.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    You do something productive until you're 18.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Im 36, I cannot relate to your question.
    I turn 36 in two months, I'm in the same boat.

OP, you're a fucking kid, as long as you live under their roof, you do as you're told. End of story. If you're 18+ and your parents are still controlling your life, you have much bigger issues here than whether or not you can go to a party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    My parents wanted me to stay home, skip school and look after my baby brother because my father was/is a drunkard and my mother needed to go to her shitty cleaning job. Sometimes parents aren't worth listening to.
    Well in most cases they are worth listening to. The amount of shit I could have avoided in my teenage years by listening to my parents ._.

I was asked by my mother to go out more often. She didn't consider the insane amount of walking I had to do to get anywhere as we lived in the outskirts of town. I'd be damned if I did that often to go to a lame party.
    Now I live somewhere else that's equally isolated from everything but at least it's easier to go around with a bike.

Moved out at 18 and never looked back.

Deleted
    Parties at 15 were shit, the sex sucked and the alcohol was mostly piss weak WKD because that was all we could get until first year of college (16 in the UK). You're not missing much, even if your school friends think other wise.

I'm 24 now, was kicked out at 16, came home just before 17 and was kicked out again at 19. Just those 8 short years gave me an insight into how I could've dealth with situations better, in most cases my parents had a valid reason for not letting me do something however it's unreasonable to expect a kid at 15/16 to understand their parents point of view.

The only real advise we can offer you is, your life really doesn't start until you're 18. Get out of college, get a job, get a car and some independence. I spent 16-18 drunk or high pretty much every other day and now I barely drink and never smoke because the appeal has totally worn off - quite a few friends are of the same mind set. Enjoy being a kid that doesn't have to worry about bills, tax, employment and all the shit adults have to deal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    if everyone from your friends is partying but they wont let you go what would you do?
    When I was a teen, I would just go. How were they going to stop me? I was faster, and stronger than them.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    25, cannot relate. However, just don't be an idiot and listen to them, you're underage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Parties at 15 were shit, the sex sucked and the alcohol was mostly piss weak WKD because that was all we could get until first year of college (16 in the UK). You're not missing much, even if your school friends think other wise.

I'm 24 now, was kicked out at 16, came home just before 17 and was kicked out again at 19. Just those 8 short years gave me an insight into how I could've dealth with situations better, in most cases my parents had a valid reason for not letting me do something however it's unreasonable to expect a kid at 15/16 to understand their parents point of view.

The only real advise we can offer you is, your life really doesn't start until you're 18. Get out of college, get a job, get a car and some independence. I spent 16-18 drunk or high pretty much every other day and now I barely drink and never smoke because the appeal has totally worn off - quite a few friends are of the same mind set. Enjoy being a kid that doesn't have to worry about bills, tax, employment and all the shit adults have to deal with.
    In my day it was White Lightening, god that stuff was awful.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

7+ Year Old Account
    Put up with their old-fashioned sht until you're 18, then warp factor 9 the f out of there. The don't talk to any family (other than my mother) for years. That includes dad. What a hide-bound, ignorant ahole. Mom,OTOH, nothing so much bad about her, just incredibly innocent and naive.

The when some of them ask you later why did you disappear at 18 and why do you hate us, what did we do, you say " Because you're all aholes who won't mind your own fcking business."

It's what I did.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Deleted
    Go to internet and write a post on some forum and whine to random people that parents won't let me go to a party.
    Wait you already did that.
    Then just wait, I bet someone will answer soon "wait there, we are gonna come get you!"

You deal with your parents by moving the fuck out. If that is not an option suck it up buttercup. Plus dealing with parents builds character.

Sulk like a teenager until you have your own kids and realise that 15 year olds have no clue about the world

When I was a teenager and my parents didn't want me going somewhere I just went anyways. Fuck it. It's not like they have you locked in a room... do they?

That said, your parents do probably deserve your respect. They're probably doing their best to do what is best for you. If you're not going to listen to your parents it's probably best if you don't live with them. If you're too young to move out or can't because of financial reasons then I guess you're stuck with them. You might hate it now, but you'll likely gain a much greater respect for your parents over time.

You'll probably end up having to learn from making mistakes like most people do, but your parents are probably right. If you can listen to them you should, but you're probably like most people and you just have to learn through experience.
    Last edited by Docturphil; 2017-05-23 at 05:44 PM.

How I deal with my parents?

One doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned, and my mom I meet every now and then. Friday the last time. She lives in the same city, relatively close to the center, but I live somewhat further away, so I can't be bothered visiting too often. Could meet more often if one had car, but I don't really want one, and she sold hers away shortly after moving in the city, as she didn't want to keep one either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I am 40 and I deal with my 16-year-old by telling her she can't go to such parties until she is 18 and graduated from High School.

For the simple reason, after that she is no longer my legal responsibility.

I'm nearly 29, so my parents have no say in what I do. My mom still does try to boss me around from time to time, but as much as I love her... I tell her to shove it. My siblings are a lot younger than me (sister is 21, brother just turned 18). She had a long period of time to recover from me leaving versus both of them. My brother also graduated a year early, and left for college before he turned 18.

So... you're 15, the easiest thing to do is just listen to your damn parents. It makes life a bit simpler :P You think you know everything at that age. But you REALLY DON'T. And the parties are never worth it.

Not go... Trying to undermine them is probably why they don't trust me to begin with.