Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Make Saturday Night Live good again?
    I'll second that. All hail Trump, king of (being the butt of) jokes!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    What was the one positive thing he's done so far? I'm curious.
    Stop Ted Cruz from being president.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Stop Ted Cruz from being president.
    And I'm beginning to have second thoughts about saying Cruz would be worse than Trump.
    Putin khuliyo

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    When Trumpers and Trumpkins answer this question, from their version of "honesty", it's more than hysterical. Some are actually thanking Trump for "finally" lowering their healthcare costs with Trump 2.0.

Which hasn't passed yet. And isn't a bill.

But this kind of aggressive fact checking is exactly what you can expect from them.

he blew up an airfield in Syria
    made a 100B deal with the Saudis for weapons
    made sure Gorsuch replaced Scalia in the Supreme court
    granted it isn't much so far but with the press shitting on him every time he talks it's hard to stay focused.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Goddamn biased MSM...
    Everyone knows facts have a liberal bias!

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    granted it isn't much so far but with the press shitting on him every time he talks it's hard to stay focused.
    You are calling all of those good? Sorry, but none of those are good. The supreme court seat was stolen, the attack on Syria didn't stop shit, and the $100 billion deal? Meh could care less. But I wouldn't call it good. The Syria attack even made him lose supporters because they didn't want another war. Not to mention Trump warned them before we attacked them.

There's a reversal of cause and effect here; a lot of the shit he gets is *because of,* our a consequence of, his inability to stay focused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    You are calling all of those good? Sorry, but none of those are good. The supreme court seat was stolen, the attack on Syria didn't stop shit, and the $100 billion deal? Meh could care less. But I wouldn't call it good. The Syria attack even made him lose supporters because they didn't want another war. Not to mention Trump warned them before we attacked them.
    Meh, I dislike trump, but at least we are up to 9 on the supreme court again (and you should blame grassely as the senate judiciary chair, and the GOP senators for changing the rules, not trump for the stolen seat-that's just him dealing with the plate left him), and the syria attack at least restored the notion of a "red line" for america to make it easier for us to engage in more soft diplomacy as opposed to attacking more people with regards to chemical weapons. The weapon deal increases saudi dependence on us into the future, which gives us another lever for control over them, as well as feeding the us economy.

I view those acts as overall positive, even if they all definitely have downsides. Weighed against everything else he's done, it pales in comparison, which is why I believe 90% of the news about trump being negative is pretty fair.

Edit: I should say though, one of the major downsides of the syria attack is that he doesn't have congressional approval for military force in syria, and I'd like to restore that as the norm for presidents.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2017-05-23 at 05:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    There's a reversal of cause and effect here; a lot of the shit he gets is *because of,* our a consequence of, his inability to stay focused.
    It's curious to think though, if Trump really did turn off the TV, buckle down and get to work, what would that even look like? Has he ever done this in his life?

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    It's curious to think though, if Trump really did turn off the TV, buckle down and get to work, what would that even look like? Has he ever done this in his life?
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly do you consider to be bad?

Because apparently you think that an act of war, stealing a SCOTUS seat, and funneling more arms into the Middle-East, are all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

The media publicly masturbated about the airfield in Syria. Also not really a positive thing.

Weapon deal with Saudis isn't really a positive.

Gorsuch is a negative. We don't need more conservatives on the SCOTUS after they fucked us all with Citizens United.

I thought you disliked equality of outcome.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    What exactly do you consider to be bad?

Because apparently you think that an act of war, stealing a SCOTUS seat, and funneling more arms into the Middle-East, are all good.
    Obamas was bombing Syria for 5 years now, how was that not an act of war? oh wait because he has to formally announce it.

The Scotus balance was restored, a conservative died, therefore a conservative should be replaced.

Getting money back into America isn't a good thing? yeah its a shame thats its from the middle east but lets face it, the middle east will keep murdering each other for another 100 or so years so if the US didn't arm them someone else would.

Obamas was bombing Syria for 5 years now, how was that not an act of war? oh wait because he has to formally announce it.

The Scotus balance was restored, a conservative died, therefore a conservative should be replaced.

Getting money back into America isn't a good thing? yeah its a shame thats its from the middle east but lets face it, the middle east will keep murdering each other for another 100 or so years so if the US didn't arm them someone else would.
    This is pretty tangential to your conversation, but I want to point it out anyway:

All of this was trivial in the sense that any Republican President would have done at least this much. The fact that we're counting on one hand Trump's victories at this point, combined with the fact that they're all generic, is a sign that he's utterly incompetent.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    This is pretty tangential to your conversation, but I want to point it out anyway:

All of this was trivial in the sense that any Republican President would have done at least this much. The fact that we're counting on one hand Trump's victories at this point, combined with the fact that they're all generic, is a sign that he's utterly incompetent.
    no president has ever had such piece of shit media attacking him and democrats plus republicans alike virtue signalling to make sure Trump gets almost nothing done. Granted some republicans might be worried about their seats in 2018 but they should put their loyalty behind the president instead of worrying about their seat.

no president has ever had such piece of shit media attacking him

Pretty much the entirety of Glenn Becks show and Fox News, more or less. And the best part was this was all them freaking out about actually made up shit.

And because John Oliver brought this back up recently, here's Hannity to boot -

Please show me where modern mainstream media are being as irrational, nonsensical, and stupid as this kind of shit.

no president has ever had such piece of shit media attacking him and democrats plus republicans alike virtue signalling to make sure Trump gets almost nothing done. Granted some republicans might be worried about their seats in 2018 but they should put their loyalty behind the president instead of worrying about their seat.
    We may be going in circles here, but the attacks are warranted. Because no president has ever been this un-presidential or erratic. As for party loyalty? He flushed that down the drain himself when he threatened the Freedom Caucus because they didn't support the first iteration of AHCA.

Also on the subject of party loyalty, maybe instead of throwing their loyalty behind Trump they should throw their loyalty behind the electorate, who don't want that healthcare bill, for example. And by 'don't want' I mean that its approval rating has basically been in free fall for the last month. You want Republicans to commit electoral suicide in order to show loyalty to Trump? Good luck, you need someone with the presence of Lyndon Johnson or Bill Clinton to make that happen. Trump, with his 'I'm making a list!' nonsense is a far cry from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    [video=youv=G_vmQrTi3aM[/video]

[video=youtube;zs1bpGAjQ[/video]

Pretty much the entirety of Glenn Becks show and Fox News, more or less. And the best part was this was all them freaking out about actually made up shit.

And because John Oliver brought this back up recently, here's Hannity to boot - [video=youtube;cAvqtch?v=cAvq12Sa3VE[/video]

Please show me where modern mainstream media are being as irrational, nonsensical, and stupid as this kind of shit.
    You are bringing up joke videos, things that are very silly and humour but they aren't putting much effort into disrespecting the president. I mean who cares if he likes mustard on his burger? big deal

look at SNL, it used to be good and comical now its just Trump Trump Trump every time, Colbert Meyers Oliver all used to cover many different topics but now they are just Liberal Propaganda trash. Even when Trump had his state of the union speech which was very popular almost every media site spun it as a disaster. Press coverage has been abysmal when Sean Spicer answered over 100 questions correctly and maybe one wrong the media simply focuses on the one thing he said in error.