Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Oh yea it has nothing to do with the systematic doping russian athletes are doing.
    You think our athletes aren't doped?. They are just newer advanced doping. I honestly don't give a shit about doping and I actually would prefer the most powerful doping win. When that doped up granny runs past the fastest athlete you know we got some doping.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    A bulgaria crying about a corrupt EU is pretty rich lol, so hows corruption in your own country going?
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...ce-cables-show

Damaging revelations
    Advertisement

Jean-Claude Juncker’s record as Luxembourg’s prime minister has cast an enduring shadow over his presidency of the European commission.

On paper, his marathon 18-year stint at the helm of the EU’s second smallest member state might be hailed a triumph. He recast the fading steel-based economy into a booming hub for international business, and when he departed in 2013 Luxembourg had been transformed into one of the richest countries in the world per capita.

Hundreds of the multinational corporations rushed to channel international profits through subsidiaries in the country, among them McDonald’s, Fiat, Amazon, Shire Pharmaceuticals and Skype.

The secret to this success was exposed in 2014 when the Luxleaks scandal revealed the terms hidden within hundreds of private deals, known as “tax rulings”, that Luxembourg had handed out to multinational businesses behind closed doors.

The rulings effectively rubber-stamped complex tax structures that global corporations used to access ultra-low tax rates, often less than 1%, for profits shifted to Luxembourg.

Juncker conceded the scandal had damaged his reputation. While not illegal, he admitted Luxembourg’s tax system was also “not always in line with fiscal fairness” and may have breached “ethical and moral standards”.

Since then, Juncker has made a point of supporting the EU’s competition commissioner, Margrethe Vestager, as she pursues high-profile investigations into specific tax rulings, including deals Luxembourg granted separately to McDonald’s and Amazon.

The investigations are examining whether the deals were so generous that they amounted to illegal state aid from Juncker’s Luxembourg.

Juncker has also campaigned hard for greater tax cooperation among member states in the battle against international businesses that avoid tax. The latest leaked cables, however, raise further questions about whether he is the right person to champion such reforms.
    Not as bad as Junker who's party stole billions in other countries taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Russians were barred participation due to a massive doping scandal
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doping_in_Russia
    The American entire Olympic team also used PHD's, but a doctors note allowed them to participate legally, GTFO here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    No russophobia means hatred of Russians, not fear of Russians. I like Russian people, not the gopniks of course.
    No, it litterally means the fear of Russians/Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by mherlevl View Post
    Russia is the scapegoat that mainstream media uses to create a boogieman and some evil power
    Yup. It's fascinating. After Glasnost,the fall of the Berlin wall and the end of the cold war, Russia basically evaporated the convenient bogeyman. Back then, I was wondering, what new bogeyman the US would pull out of thin air.

Then came "Terrorism". But somehow that wasn't enough - so it's got to be Russia again.

Personally, I think someone has to work for the balance of power on our fluffy green earth, and since the EU is doing shit, China and Russia are doing the dirty work.

For the last year everything Russian has been considered evil and awful. We have Russian-American Citizens in this country also, so is russophobia hate speech?.
    There's no Russophobia or really hate speech towards Russians. There's hate speech towards Putin and the Russian Government. But that's just global politics.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    There's no Russophobia or really hate speech towards Russians. There's hate speech towards Putin and the Russian Government. But that's just global politics.
    No, that's not true, the hate speech is towards Russians in general.

No, that's not true, the hate speech is towards Russians in general.
    Because... you decided it is?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Because... you decided it is?
    Maybe the OP means that Russia is pretty much everywhere in the western media depicted as the "evil" power. Have you ever read positive news about Russia from the usual news outlets?

I think an issue might be that back during the cold war everyone "faction" was living in their own bubble but now we have the internet and everyone can see everything all the time.

Also, I think the western industrial block has issues acknowledging there are other cultures outside their own and accepting their way of life as equally justified as their own... we never even stop to think how what we are doing must look to someone not belonging to our culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Maybe the OP means that Russia is pretty much everywhere in the western media depicted as the "evil" power. Have you ever read positive news about Russia from the usual news outlets?

I think an issue might be that back during the cold war everyone "faction" was living in their own bubble but now we have the internet and everyone can see everything all the time.

Also, I think the western industrial block has issues acknowledging there are other cultures outside their own and accepting their way of life as equally justified as their own... we never even stop to think how what we are doing must look to someone not belonging to our culture.
    I don't agree with those sentiments or that it is part of Western culture.

I don't agree with those sentiments or that it is part of Western culture.
    Hm. Just look at Gabriel and Merkel, lecturing everyone and their grandmother around the world about "freedom" and "democracy". Not that these are inherently bad things. But how is it our place to lecture some other culture about anyting?

Good example would be foreign minister Gabriel's recent visit to Russia. Anti-diplomat in chief, Trump style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the OP means that Russia is pretty much everywhere in the western media depicted as the "evil" power.
    I don't know. When someone calls North Korea an evil oppressive regime, do you call them "Koreaphobe"? Or is it only applied to criticism of Russia, because many Russians can't handle the idea of someone disliking their state and deserve special treatment?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I don't know. When someone calls North Korea an evil oppressive regime, do you call them "Koreaphobe"? Or is it only applied to criticism of Russia, because many Russians can't handle the idea of someone disliking their state and deserve special treatment?
    Don't know, are the US that innocent and all good? Or the EU? Maybe I am, for example, just an innocent Russian living a peaceful life somewhere in Siberia and wondering why I am considered "evil" and "the enemy"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know, are the US that innocent and all good? Or the EU? Maybe I am, for example, just an innocent Russian living a peaceful life somewhere in Siberia and wondering why I am considered "evil" and "the enemy"?
    Way to avoid the question. I don't see people calling everyone criticizing the US or the EU "Americanophobe" or "Europephobe", apparently the "-phobe" part is only reserved for sensitive Russians!
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Way to avoid the question. I don't see people calling everyone criticizing the US or the EU "Americanophobe" or "Europephobe", apparently the "-phobe" part is only reserved for sensitive Russians!
    Really? Up until Trump, if you dared criticize the US in Germany you were blamed of anti-Americanism SO fast!!!

And I just don't take the OP with the "phobia" thing so literally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Up until Trump, if you dared criticize the US in Germany you were blamed of anti-Americanism SO fast!!!

And I just don't take the OP with the "phobia" thing so literally.
    Ohhhhh, so whenever someone questions this silly term, the excuse is: "It is not a literal thing"... Ha-ha, you people are funny.

Ohhhhh, so whenever someone questions this silly term, the excuse is: "It is not a literal thing"... Ha-ha, you people are funny.
    No, maybe I'm reading too much into it, or I'm trying to read between the lines.

Maybe we should all just grow the fuck up and accept that we live in a polarized world where we call each other "evil" all the time and just move on.

Or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, maybe I'm reading too much into it, or I'm trying to read between the lines.

Maybe we should all just grow the fuck up and accept that we live in a polarized world where we call each other "evil" all the time and just move on.

Or not.
    Of course, and throwing silly labels around every time someone criticizes something is a sure way to get there!

Deleted
    Well. what you expect? Russians, or at least the "democratic" elected government...

- Helps tyrannical dictators kill their own people and children with barrell bombs and sarine gas
    - Is involved in killing civilian airplane passengers with Ground-AIR missile
    - Is the first who threat with nukes and 3rd world war whenever there is the slighest (military) opposition against their actions.
    - Kills opposing politicions or general "enemies of the state" in publicity and blame "terrorists" afterwards.
    - Invades a souveran european country and conquers/sieges parts of it (Crimea, eastern parts of ucraine)
    - Lying about their actions and their intentions ("wasn't us", "all speculations", "RUSSIOPHOBIA!!!", "ridicolous!"), spreading misinformation etc.
    - Actively manupilating foreign countries politicians and public/social media to spin government elections
    - Their major exports (besides oil and has) are devices to kill massive amounts of people (tanks, airplaines, helicopters, missiles...) and spread them all over the planet

This "special" breed of humans is just fucked up. We'd be better off without.

Of course, and throwing silly labels around every time someone criticizes something is a sure way to get there!
    I am willing to look at the OP with benevolence and say he just worded his topic clumsily - neverless I see some valid questions here.

I think "everytime someone criticizes something" doesn't quite describe the relation between Russia and the western hemisphere.

Aren't we more or less headed towards cold war 2.0? I can understand why someone would find that unsettling, especially if he/she was born after the cold war.

Maybe I'm just reading more into it because I grew up during the cold war in the western part of Berlin, having a good look at that wall everyday on my way to school. And the cold war propaganda shows on TV from both side which we were able to view there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    Well. what you expect? Russians, or at least the "democratic" elected government...

- Helps tyrannical dictators kill their own people and children with barrell bombs and sarine gas
    - Is involved in killing civilian airplane passengers with Ground-AIR missile
    - Is the first who threat with nukes and 3rd world war whenever there is the slighest (military) opposition against their actions.
    - Kills opposing politicions or general "enemies of the state" in publicity and blame "terrorists" afterwards.
    - Invades a souveran european country and conquers/sieges parts of it (Crimea, eastern parts of ucraine)
    - Lying about their actions and their intentions ("wasn't us", "all speculations", "RUSSIOPHOBIA!!!", "ridicolous!"), spreading misinformation etc.
    - Actively manupilating foreign countries politicians and public/social media to spin government elections
    - Their major exports (besides oil and has) are devices to kill massive amounts of people (tanks, airplaines, helicopters, missiles...) and spread them all over the planet

This "special" breed of humans is just fucked up. We'd be better off without.
    Most of this could also be said about the US.... ,so we should get rid of them as well?