Poll: Would YOU pay $20 per month, IF Blizz included Official Vanilla Legacy Realms?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Its not ronald regan, its ronald reagan.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably come back for vanilla and bc servers, so yeh yeh.

Nope. Less than zero interest in playing vanilla WoW again, so I certainly wouldn't pay extra for it to exist.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Other - Never

No, we don't need a REPEAT of old content, with current day datamining/guides/community attitude.

Vanilla WoW isn't new, never will be new. Even for someone who never touched WoW it will never ever be the same experiene if the game was 100% the same.

"LF1M Stratholme , itemlevel 60+"

"WTS BOOST Molten Core, Incl Ragnaros loot, eye reserved"

Things like that didn't happen on my server at least.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-23 at 02:01 AM.

I would pay to play on vanilla servers from blizzard. Playing vanilla on a private server a couple years back was pretty fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    You can "play a lot more" and earn the gold to buy tokens monthly, and spend the $ on the store...soooooooooo
    That is very true, but then I'd be grinding the game just to be able to play the game.
    I don't have the same playtime as when I was 22 back in 2005 now that I have a job with long hours and a wife and kids, so that's not really an option for me.

Absolutely. I'd resubscribe again. Can't stand the current game and the soulless shell it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    And yet they maintain all the current servers with content from every old expansion whilst paying people to constantly create new content, balance and patch current content, as well as make profits, for 15 a month.....

The cost of running 1-2 old servers for each xpac would be rather slim. Not many people would be on them, the game is already developed and doesn't need repatched/balanced. You're just wrong here.
    Glad you're such an expert in servers. Even without patches/balances, the server needs to be maintained. There is a reason that there were weekly 6-8 hour maintenance downtimes in the earlier days of WoW. Earlier version means you have to take everything from that earlier version, including the code that needed that much maintenance.

Also, the content from every old expansion is running on an updated engine that requires much less maintenance than before (hence sometimes only Server restarts instead of maintenance windows). Balancing and patching as well as developing new content is done by people. In the gaming industry, you could almost take personnel cost as fixed costs as you don't have very much flexibility in sizing that team.

Let's not discuss the profits, since I really hope you don't expect a company to sacrifice profits in order to give a niche group of customers what they want.

Believe me: If the data & research suggested that Blizzard could profit from these "legacy" servers, they would have done them already.

Quote Originally Posted by kabitoshin View Post
    This is the worst site to ask this question, these people will eat shit from Blizzards hands, they do really cause they are most likely subscribed to the game. I know legacy is an annoying topic cause it seems to become more popular each year, but it'd be really nice to have Blizzards quality that only they can provide, and a secure place so I don't log on and 100 days is gone, which is a risk I will take. Don't include the price into all subscribers monthly fee, it should be an additional fee for those who want it.
    Exactly, this site is a disgrace to MMO comunnity. I just prefer old WoW, I think its better and I played on nost and I'm playing on a TBC and WOTLK (for PVP) server right now, so it's not nostalgia. Why is it so difficult for them to understand, that some people hate new WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    As the title states, would you pay $20 a month if Blizzard gave your sub the added bonus of being able to play on rolled back servers dedicated to a particular expansion.

I believe there is one MMO that currently does this? EQ2?

UPDATE: the EQ servers are called "Time Locked Progression" servers (TLP)

Basically a realm where you can play during an era of the game of an older expansion, and the content of that expansion is drip released over time and voted on by the players.

Would you pay the extra $5 a month to have this added benefit on an official blizzard server?
    NO! Been there done that!
    Move along Blizz i want better expansions!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    No you wouldn't. Try vanilla private servers. U quit before the month is over.
    Next to that. What is fun playing a game, that you know;
    A) You already seen ALL The content.
    B) There will never be any "New" patches.
    C) Will be a grindfest for the same things you can get on a different expansion realm but alot faster.
    ive played private servers for the last 6 years. dont drag your own faulty oppinions onto me.

I wouldnt mind it if it was an option to pay more for it, but if I wanted to just continue to play current live only it remains where it is at.

No. For BC legacy realms then yes

Nope, and I'm a release day player.

That time is done.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Bruh, this topic again..

I am personally not as excited for the idea of classic realms anymore because I've lost interest in WoW except for the story.
    But I would pay an extra 5 / 10 bucks just to test those realms out and have some Nostalgia for 3+ months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes x 1000. Those that disagree are mostly those who haven't played it. A lot really don't understand.

Imo it would be better if monthlty cost for current expansion costs 10usd and legacy servers 10usd and 15usd for both.
    3 month sub cost 20% less (8/12usd per month).
    6 month sub cost 40% less (6/9usd per month).

Could we pay 5$ sub for the vanilla realms only?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    Exactly, this site is a disgrace to MMO comunnity. I just prefer old WoW, I think its better and I played on nost and I'm playing on a TBC and WOTLK (for PVP) server right now, so it's not nostalgia. Why is it so difficult for them to understand, that some people hate new WoW.
    Because it seems that the majority of players of "new WoW" like it. Why would they continue to play (and be on these forums) otherwise?

7+ Year Old Account
    No, definitely not.

Formerly known as Arafal