Page 35 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Last I checked, terrorism was pretty heavily cracked down on. You're ilk are suggesting deporting British nationals. Yeah, cracking down further. Okay.

Rightist logic though would suggest you can't do anything about spree killers, so it's okay for your kids to get shot in school, that's just the price of freedom. Right?
    Oh, look, a leftist at work.

Twisting my words and putting words in my mouth. Where did I say, exactly, that people should be deported? Oh, that's right, nowhere. Go on, call me a right-wing extremist, I dare you.

I am not even sure what school shootings have to do with this attack, as those are quite different from terrorism. Leftist logic, I guess. Blaming everything else but the actual problem. I heard Martians are dangerous this time of the year.

Deleted
    Just watched the news this morning after hearing about it last night on FB. Police officer has told us it was a single male with an improvised explosive and there was also a controlled explosion outside to be rid of a suspicious object most likely a second explosive.

22 people have died, around 59 injured.

Manchester is close to home for me, my heart goes out to those involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Ofcourse something can be done about those, too. But school shooters are usually people with mental problems or people who got bullied, and not often religious or political motivated. Columbine was, but most aren't. That is why school shootings aren't the same as terrorism.

But keep doing those mental gymnastics. What are you going to blame next? Martians?
    Actually it's been pretty well demonstrated by now that a lot have those same issues, Religion just gives them the excuse and justification. Most of them seem to turn out to be alcoholics, adulterers etc. with a ton of issues, never had any real religious interest until seeing it as a solution and outlet for their hatred and blame for their problems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lemur View Post
    Just watched the news this morning after hearing about it last night on FB. Police officer has told us it was a single male with an improvised explosive and there was also a controlled explosion outside to be rid of a suspicious object most likely a second explosive.

22 people have died, around 59 injured.

Manchester is close to home for me, my heart goes out to those involved.
    Just fyi, the 2nd device ended up being a bag of clothes, it was a false alarm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right and 100m Muslim people are actually actively taking up arms on this?
    Who said they are all taking up arms? And if the polls are accurate then it is far more Muslims than just 100 million who holds vile views, you are talking more along the lines of half a billion.

A quarter to a third of all Muslims hold stances that are fundamentally incompatible with the West. I have not seen any other demographic who have extremists in anything like the same proportion as Islam, the numbers are staggering.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Well that's alright, but they have to be sure in these situations. Good to know it wasn't a second one I guess. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

https://www.statista.com/chart/4093/...pe-since-1970/

Just a reminder for context.

And these are not adjusted for population growth.
    three problems

for one, it doesnt really reflect the reality of how the term changed in the last 40 years tho, I mean, if you count attacks by separatist movements like IRA as terror atacks, then just Ukraine in the last few years would blow all of these with ease, but hey, its not "western europe" so who cares, right?

second, it doesnt diferentiate between christian and islam attacks, where is chart of christin only and islam only attacks?

third, when people talk about islam attacks, its not only about bombings/shootings, its about all of its impact on our society, but we dont have charts for thefts, rapes etc, let alone by religion and per person, we dont see how much benefits people with othert than native backgrounds have even tho they didnt contribute nearly as much to the society etc.

your "context" is nothing but a fancy, but completely OUT of context graph

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Good to hear. Now we can go back in maintenance mode.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    If the solution they are after is for us to become enslaved to a hideous ideology, then that has no wiggle room for negotiation. Therein lies the problem.
    I'm not sure if I follow you correctly. My logic runs like this: IS = criminal organisation with mundane motivations and goals (money and bitches). Dude blows himself up in concert hall. So when you guys compared it to the kind of terrorism that England has successfully dealt with in the past and you ask "Who do you talk to?" I meant... go to the head of IS and talk to him. You're thinking it's some weird theocrat. But I'm willing to bet he's not. And if he's not a religious nutjob, there is room for "negotiation". Although it kinda feels dirty to negotiate with terrorists. But that's another moral dilemma.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Oh, look, a leftist at work.

Twisting my words and putting words in my mouth. Where did I say, exactly, that people should be deported? Oh, that's right, nowhere. Go on, call me a right-wing extremist, I dare you.

I am not even sure what school shootings have to do with this attack, as those are quite different from terrorism. Leftist logic, I guess. Blaming everything else but the actual problem. I heard Martians are dangerous this time of the year.
    Funny you should say thats, it's their standard routine.
    Deflect, deflect and some more deflecting.
    They refuse to accept their responsibility and the root cause of what is happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who said they are all taking up arms? And if the polls are accurate then it is far more Muslims than just 100 million who holds vile views, you are talking more along the lines of half a billion.

A quarter to a third of all Muslims hold stances that are fundamentally incompatible with the West. I have not seen any other demographic who have extremists in anything like the same proportion as Islam, the numbers are staggering.
    At this point I'm pretty loath to lump "the west" together as one cohesive thing, because right now I'm seeing a hell of a lot of westerners with views incompatible with the west.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'm not sure if I follow you correctly. My logic runs like this: IS = criminal organisation with mundane motivations and goals (money and bitches). Dude blows himself up in concert hall. So when you guys compared it to the kind of terrorism that England has successfully dealt with in the past and you ask "Who do you talk to?" I meant... go to the head of IS and talk to him. You're thinking it's some weird theocrat. But I'm willing to bet he's not. And if he's not a religious nutjob, there is room for "negotiation". Although it kinda feels dirty to negotiate with terrorists. But that's another moral dilemma.
    ISIS is just the current favourite, before them it was Al Qaeda, after them it will be someone else. The issue is Islam, not ISIS, not AL Qaeda, not who comes next.

There is no negotiation either. What do we do, agree to become an Islamic state?

I'm seeing a hell of a lot of westerners with views incompatible with the west.
    Why? Because their viewpoints are different from yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    three problems

for one, it doesnt really reflect the reality of how the term changed in the last 40 years tho, I mean, if you count attacks by separatist movements like IRA as terror atacks, then just Ukraine in the last few years would blow all of these with ease, but hey, its not "western europe" so who cares, right?

second, it doesnt diferentiate between christian and islam attacks, where is chart of christin only and islam only attacks?

third, when people talk about islam attacks, its not only about bombings/shootings, its about all of its impact on our society, but we dont have charts for thefts, rapes etc, let alone by religion and per person, we dont see how much benefits people with othert than native backgrounds have even tho they didnt contribute nearly as much to the society etc.

your "context" is nothing but a fancy, but completely OUT of context graph
    Ah, ok. So terrorism is only terrorism if done by Muslim terrorists that are at least inspired by any of the extremist groups in or around the Middle East. Yes, that would narrow this down to the worst period of time since the crusades. Guys, gear up, we are under attack. Clearly, CLEARLY, we need to go on another crusade... let's just slaughter every last Muslim we can find.

Is that what you're saying? Because that seems to be the only conclusion you can draw by your logic.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

15+ Year Old Account
    If the solution they are after is for us to become enslaved to a hideous ideology, then that has no wiggle room for negotiation. Therein lies the problem.
    Is this about the questionnaire that excluded almost half of british muslims because they were not eligible?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

ISIS is just the current favourite, before them it was Al Qaeda, after them it will be someone else. The issue is Islam, not ISIS, not AL Qaeda, not who comes next.

There is no negotiation either. What do we do, agree to become an Islamic state?
    I'm not 100% certain, but so far there seem to be two main bullet points on the Islamic terrorism list: 1. Get out of the Middle East, 2. Remove Israel.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point I'm pretty loath to lump "the west" together as one cohesive thing, because right now I'm seeing a hell of a lot of westerners with views incompatible with the west.
    There is nothing in the West that rivals Islamic extemism in incompatibility, certainly nothing that has anywhere near a quarter to a third of people supporting it. I cannot think of any extremist movements that have more than a percent or two support at most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? Because their viewpoints are different from yours?
    Well yeah, Stargazer above is pretty different from mine. He's just spouting the exact same shit the terrorists do.

I know people always say its a minority that commit these atrocities, but when I see things like the reactions and comments to Al'Jazeera News Facebook stream of these events, and it's almost all hearts and likes, with people congratulating the perpetrators in the comment section, it just makes me feel that although they cant say it publicly, the Muslims who actually want to live western lives are in the minority.

Deleted
    stop referring to the IRA bombings as if that justifies islamic terror bombings.

such a ridiculous comparison.

Research the motives behind the 2 and it does not take a genius to see the huge differences between the two.

Shame on you for trying to justify the death of innocent people in that way.