Poll: Are they still in love?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, the only person that Trump can love is himself. This is just one of the many shortcomings of having NPD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Maybe she takes her role as First Lady very seriously and chooses to not do any sort of PDA. Not saying others ladies didn't take it seriously because they did, but maybe Melania is more reserved and formal, you know? Sorta like The Queen of England.
    The Queen does not deserve those insults.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Queen is very reserved and proper, though. Maybe Melania also wants to be.
    The Queen being compared to someone who wears those shoes with that dress?

Maybe she takes her role as First Lady very seriously and chooses to not do any sort of PDA. Not saying others ladies didn't take it seriously because they did, but maybe Melania is more reserved and formal, you know? Sorta like The Queen of England.
    No. That is not the reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it's hard to say, both Melania and Donald are ultimately not whom they appear to be on the outside based on numerous reports from people who met them in private.

Outwardly they appear not to.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    ooooor

She's just not that into him.

I have a hard time believing they were ever in love.
    Shrug. Even if she was looking to marry into wealth, she could have very well loved him at some point, even if she might not now. Gold diggers fall in love too, you know.

Honestly he's a known cheat and he apparently did not stop cheating (or trying to cheat) while Melania was pregnant, infidelity will wear away at a marriage pretty quickly. Pretty sure there was a behind the scenes fallout about that audio tape that came out during the campaign, despite her "boys' talk" claims at the time.

I'm not comparing The Queen to Melania. I'm comparing Melanie to the Queen, in terms of how she presents herself in front of the public.

Also, it's just an assumption. I don't know why she does what she does.

- - - Updated - - -

And we know why?
    Common sense? A rather recent history of Melania not hiding her visual disdain, disgust, or displeasure with her husband? Their complete lack of affection?

The world was watching her, she knew it, and she swatted his hand away because she didn't want him touching her. The idea that you want to play mental gymnastics enough to sit there and say it could be because "she cares so much about being first lady and takes it soooo seriously" but, at the same time, thinks that swatting his hand away from touching her is somehow consistent with that narrative, is cute and all, but its delusional.

That's what we know.
    Last edited by NYC17; 2017-05-23 at 05:33 AM.

For a little perspective...

The Access Hollywood tape where Trump admittted he was trying to fuck another married woman came out only six months ago.
    At the time of taping, Trump had been married to Melania for only 9 months.
    And she was pregnant with Barron.

How would you feel if you were just embarrassed by your husband like this on the national stage six months ago?

Then again, too bad so sad Melania. After all the crap you said supporting Trump's birtherism claims and his policies, I don't really feel any sympathy for you.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

They have the best love money can buy!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Shrug. Even if she was looking to marry into wealth, she could have very well loved him at some point, even if she might not now. Gold diggers fall in love too, you know.
    You think she went in it for the money but was won over by his... charming personality?

I find that possibility less convincing than the idea that she is actually sexually attracted to him lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    She lives a luxurious life that the rest of us can only dream of.
    Except for about 10 minutes every other night, when it's more of a nightmare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They have the best love money can buy!

- - - Updated - - -

You think she went in it for the money but was won over by his... charming personality?

I find that possibility less convincing than the idea that she is actually sexually attracted to him lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Except for about 10 minutes every other night, when it's more of a nightmare.
    Hey don't tell her what her dreams are and what they're not

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Hey don't tell her what her dreams are and what they're not
    I love how despite being an unabashed Trumpette when it comes to literally anything else, even you can't get behind the idea of the Trumps having a happy and stable marriage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems more like an arrangement where each partner gets some benefits they value highly from the other partner. I don't see anything wrong with it, I believe only very few couples are 'in love' in the first place and even if they are it's often due to superficial factors like appearance or social standing.

Their history doesn't just show that, though. There are plenty of pictures of them showing affection towards each other out in public. But those don't make the news articles because no one cared back then, and they don't care now. The media wants to show them in a negative light.
    Cool. Show some evidence of any other first lady publicly repulsed by their husband's words or mere touch.

De. Lus. ion. Al.

They're visiting a country where such public displays are frowned upon. Maybe he forgot and she remembered, and didn't hold his hand outta respect for where she was.
    The couple next to them is holding hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

You seem to have some insider information regarding the Trump's personal love life. The rest of us can only speculate, and I assume most know that media pictures aren't the best source to use when determining just how intimate and close a couple really is, particularly behind closed doors.
    I know that, at the very least, she can not hide her disdain for him enough to put on an appearance for the public. So no, the only reason you're speculating is because you clearly don't want to be wrong about a relatively minor, and obvious, thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their history doesn't just show that, though. There are plenty of pictures of them showing affection towards each other out in public. But those don't make the news articles because no one cared back then, and they don't care now. The media wants to show them in a negative light.
    This is Trump's third marriage. If you think the media didn't care, to only want to show him in a negative light now, google SNL skits of Trump in the 80s and 90s. Heck... just google the NY Post headline of "bitch, you leave my husband alone".
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    How Melania perceived things at that exact moment may have been different.
    A twist on the ol' 'when in Rome, do as the Romans' saying... making it, 'when in Rome, do you'...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

I think it's actually the opposite here. You seem hell-bent on proving she dislikes him.
    Nah, it's obvious you are hellbent on ignoring obvious body language to get some superficial satisfaction in playing devil's advocate.

If someone swats your hand away and shows a face looking like they just ate a housefly behind your back, they dislike you at the very least.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's actually the opposite here. You seem hell-bent on proving she dislikes him.
    You are making excuses as you go along. First it was to respect tradition, as if Israel has issues with PDAs. Then when you it's pointed out that Prime Minister was holding hands and Trump even looked at their hands while doing it, it be came the 'you don't know what she was thinking'. So, no, at face value she swatted his hand away, after he noticed the couple next to them was holding hands. Everything else is machinations you add...

10+ Year Old Account
    As said before -
    I know you are trying to assert something that isn't there, to change what is there. None of the things you actually are tossing at the wall, would justify it.

Oh and if you want to see unfair treatment, feel free to check Al Gore's poll numbers after he finished a debate by kissing his wife. Feel free to look up those stories...

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt anyone here is a body-language expert. And I'm not saying they do or don't love each other, as I don't personally know them.
    I just think it's silly to be so sure they don't because you see some media pictures of them.
    Does them being media pictures, instead of just pictures, change anything?