Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Ah ok, right. So it's bad in theory. But in practice, and outside excel, it's really not a huge deal.
    Never said it was "a huge deal" in the grand scheme of things it's meaningless. But since it takes zero effort to get AK it seems like a weird change. Why nerf the thing that takes literally no effort at all?

Guess thats good for all the players, who quit till the next raid comes out.
    I already think its absurd to tie the catch up mechanism to being subbed. (Want to come back, when the raid is out? Better stay subbed, because the game will be tuned for AK 40, when you return!) So catchting up to 40 instead of 50 is at least less insane.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by theyanger View Post
    Really annoying for those of us with alts. Back to requiring me to play it a LOT each week to keep it up. No thanks.
    Yeah, but you choose to have alts which you chose to max their Artifacts. Ergo, it's your criteria, your choices, that's requiring you to "keep it up". Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonjooce View Post
    I'd like to point out, that reaching max concordance rank requires 865trillion AP. The average AP token is roughly 400 base, at knowledge 40 these will give between 13-15million AP, meaning you have to farm between 50,000 and 70,000 AP tokens. Enjoy.
    Yes, but of course you're not supposed to hit 865 trillion AP with AK40. Don't you understand? Hitting Concordance level 1 prior to Tomb of Sargeras is a pretty fine situation for most people that will need it (LFR, Normal and Heroic raiders). Mythic raiders will obviously be ahead of Concordance level 1 but that's another story.

I personally play pretty lightly, maintain 2 tank alts at 890 and 892, play Pets and run auctions while my Brewmaster is 904. I hit Concordance with my Brewmaster a few days ago and all I do each week is WQs that suit me, a Normal and Heroic clear with a PUG and organised group respectively. Leading up to 52nd Trait I started throwing in Normal + Heroic EN for extra AP but they're such short instances nowadays via LFG it felt more like a Heroic dungeon.

I don't even have a Guild or play M+ (not by choice, just that I'm not available beyond those hours)... and yet I've reached 52 traits casually via PUG life and some Bnet friends. I do have friends that really burned the AP grind via M+ and raid Mythic NH... some of whom are taking breaks now. In my experience, Blizzard have made Concordance easily attainable prior to ToS which I think was their goal and satisfies a large majority of player's requirements.

Once we have a set date for ToS and it is launched then, hopefully, yes we will know in advance when the AK cap will raise again but c'mon... we don't need to worry about it now.
    Last edited by risingforce; 2017-05-23 at 10:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Never said it was "a huge deal" in the grand scheme of things it's meaningless. But since it takes zero effort to get AK it seems like a weird change. Why nerf the thing that takes literally no effort at all?
    I think it's meant to stop alts going from 0-52 with one token at AK50. But yeah, agreed - in the grand scheme of things, it's meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    I think it's meant to stop alts going from 0-52 with one token at AK50. But yeah, agreed - in the grand scheme of things, it's meaningless.
    But that isn't the stated reason.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    and the prospect of months’ worth of additional Knowledge still left to research makes some players feel like their efforts in the interim aren’t meaningful. Therefore, we’re rolling the cap back to 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    People complain Garrison Gold is gone.

Blizzard gives them gold for excess AP but people hate the free gold and demand they have a trait to put it in, even if it's useless.

??? Logic.

A. 7.2 added an ilvl850 follower, some 2. This made almost every single mission that spawns require 800-850. Most alts do not have ilvl for their missions. So disregard your AP missions, let alone the bonus, lmao.

B. Most people do not have the double AP perk on alt. That's an EXTRA 25,000 resources that you have to grind -on that alt-.

C. Why the hell would you include suramar questing? That's not something that anyone should EVER be forced to do more than once.

D. No. My numbers are sound. Check the official forum threads, they're posted there in detail, and people tried to pick them apart got schooled by others.
    Well least with gold, you can use it on anything and everything else, like repairs, buying raiding mats and more. What else can you do with AP other than stick in your weapon which will be maxed? Nothing.

Deleted
    They are right about that it feels pointless to farm AP now when you can do it so more effectively later. The difference between AP gains at AK40 and AK50 is like 13 times the AP. So for that reason it makes sense, getting AP will not feel like a waste soon.

The much better thing to do is to just give us a way to buy AK. Then instead of having to wait months before AP farms becomes effective, it can become effective right now. But alas, Blizzard must maintain the eternal time-gating grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Grinding that billions of AP will be fun now, LuL blizzard Lul
    Grinding in general will be pointless, so stop grinding AP.

There is no grind after you get concordance so meh why you all complaining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    I understand why they did it. It doesn't take much effort to get Concordance now as we get closer to 40 and there's still months down the road before 7.3 comes out to expand the system more. As we closed in on 50, people would have already effectively maxed out all artifacts on their characters and AP was becoming more useless.
    Well, looks like you're not much better at math than Blizzard devs

Casual
    4 AP WQs daily + Emissary, 3x m+10 (long) daily, NH N&H clear every week, Weekly chest from +10.
    At 50AK now with already 1 point in concordance = 547 years

More Hardcore
    15 AP WQs daily + Emissary, 10x m+15 (long) daily, NH N&H&M clear every week, Weekly chest from +15.
    At 50AK now with already 1 point in concordance = 155 years

Extremely Hardcore
    20 AP WQs daily + Emissary, 20x m+18 (long) daily, NH N&H&M clear every week, Weekly chest from +18.
    At 50AK now with already 1 point in concordance = 82 years

Sure, there is more AP now, like some of the Campaign quests, Mage Tower, Bonus Rolls, etc. but even if you say you would get 40% in addition to the above it would come down to:

Casual = 388 years
    More Hardcore = 147 years
    Extremely Hardcore = 57 years

So: Even the most hardcore farmers would not be able to get even one weapon maxed at AK 50.
    Last edited by mmoc93c1e7e232; 2017-05-23 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    There is no grind after you get concordance so meh why you all complaining.
    I don't grind AP at all, but I still view it as negative because getting AK takes no effort so there is no reason to remove it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    But that isn't the stated reason.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    and the prospect of months’ worth of additional Knowledge still left to research makes some players feel like their efforts in the interim aren’t meaningful. Therefore, we’re rolling the cap back to 40.
    That's what I meant though. People will get pissed since they had to do "meaningless grind" on their way to Concordance where as alts (and people who just afk their way to AK50) can get it with one AP token and don't have to do any content to acquire it.

So now they'll cap it at 40 so everyone must do some content to reach Concordance.

I'm kinda sad, but only because I liked the novelty of possibly getting 260 million AP per day just from completing the Emissary quest. I had no real interest in Concordance beyond the first point for special items, which won't be too hard with just AK40.

Still, guess this means I can start playing my alts two months sooner than I expected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Well, looks like you're not much better at math than Blizzard devs

Casual
    4 AP WQs daily + Emissary, 3x m+10 (long) daily, NH N&H clear every week, Weekly chest from +10.
    You may be good at math, but defining Casual sure isn't your forte

Deleted
    Sometimes i dont get blizzard, and this is one of those moments.
    Making the game more alt unfriendly + the AP grind longer.

And what is the positive affect????

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonjooce View Post
    I'd like to point out, that reaching max concordance rank requires 865trillion AP. The average AP token is roughly 400 base, at knowledge 40 these will give between 13-15million AP, meaning you have to farm between 50,000 and 70,000 AP tokens. Enjoy.
    Your math is wrong by a factor of 1000. you'd have to farm 50-70 million tokens.
    Having AK 50 instead would reduce it down to about 4million tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    i am only doing all m+0 all nhc hc raids and 3 hours mythic raiding this togethers= 7 hours and high m+ keys maybe 4 hours a week + doing all ap wqs thats not much time i invest in this game so sorry that i feel fucked up when they try to make it last longer to finish the weapon. Stop judging me.

ty for this info but still ....
    If you're doing every M+0 dungeon, full clears of every normal and heroic raid, mythic progression raiding, Mythic keystone pushing, and every single AP WQ every day there's no possible way you can only be playing 11 hours a week. It's physically not possible. And you're not meant to "finish the weapon", that's the whole point that you seem to be missing.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    whoever came up with the AK shit should be fired. never felt progress was so wasted.

Deleted
    rip m+ farm, less loots less ap
    rip wq noone care about 10m+ ap when u need 3KM for 1 level
    rip rated bg for ap, noone care 50m+ when u need 3km for 1 level
    also
    rip nethershard if they dont increase ilvl base for loots
    rip all farms go back to draenor

rip legion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Sometimes i dont get blizzard, and this is one of those moments.
    Making the game more alt unfriendly + the AP grind longer.

And what is the positive affect????
    They made it easier for alts though didn't they? Once you have AK 40 on one character, you can give all your alts AK40, which makes obtaining 52 traits a breeze. At 52 traits you're pretty much done with AP anyway, not worth the effort to farm for it.