Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    There is no grind after you get concordance so meh why you all complaining.
    So tell me: Why exactly is the first point in concordance so important, but the 10th that basically gives you exactly the same as the 1st isn't?

It takes more AP to get there, but in the end, you will still have a proc of 4,000 stat instead of 2,000. Isn't that better?

It's almost as if you guys can't look beyond the marginal increase of the individual points and look at the bigger picture of how much more power these concordance points will actually give you after you've accumulated a couple...

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    rip m+ farm, less loots less ap
    rip wq noone care about 10m+ ap when u need 3KM for 1 level
    rip rated bg for ap, noone care 50m+ when u need 3km for 1 level

rip legion
    Even at AK50 you'd hit that same cap, just 10 points later you still hit some wall where you get 250.000.000 and the next trait costs 250.000.000.000+ (1/1000th), or even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    There is no grind after you get concordance so meh why you all complaining.
    I'm not complaining, but I'm a bit disappointed, because I was looking forward to getting my offspec weapons filled with 100+ million tokens.

It's not that big of a deal imo. The power return on additional concordance levels is pretty low to begin with, this will just decrease the power distance between people even more. I like this version of AP more than the previous one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    So tell me: Why exactly is the first point in concordance so important, but the 10th that basically gives you exactly the same as the 1st isn't?

It takes more AP to get there, but in the end, you will still have a proc of 4,000 stat instead of 2,000. Isn't that better?

It's almost as if you guys can't look beyond the marginal increase of the individual points and look at the bigger picture of how much more power these concordance points will actually give you after you've accumulated a couple...
    The cost of the concordance trait is not like the last filler trait, the cost will increase by about 30 % per trait which means it will quickly cost so much that power gained versus time invested is so low it's just not worth it any more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Even at AK50 you'd hit that same cap, just 10 points later you still hit some wall where you get 250.000.000 and the next trait costs 250.000.000.000+ (1/1000th), or even more.
    JUST?
    ak40 clear only nh normal and hc is 360m ap
    ak50 clear only nh normal anc hc was 5B ap

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Sometimes i dont get blizzard, and this is one of those moments.
    Making the game more alt unfriendly + the AP grind longer.

And what is the positive affect????
    Longer? its infinite already, doesn't matter if you hit a wall on 52 or 62 traits, same effect of exponential scaling. Alts will take a few days longer, oh no. Instant AK40 is still better then alts sitting at AK35 and having to wait another 15-25 days.

- - - Updated - - -

JUST?
    ak40 clear only nh normal and hc is 360m ap
    ak50 clear only nh normal anc hc was 5B ap
    Yeah, and you still hit a huge wall on traits costing 100B 1000B 10000B 100000B

Now 1-52 won't be nearly instant 1 days work, whatever, god forbid some work to put in a character instead of complaining "content draught"

Deleted
    Now 1-52 won't be nearly instant, 1 days work, whatever, god forbid some work to put in a character instead of complaining "content draught"

that's my point, we dont have the FEELING to farm anymore

no ap farm no m+farm anymore, legion is dead cause we are back to Draenor farm requirement

u will log u will do some m+15/20/25 to weekly chest and u log out and log in for raid

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    that's my point, we dont have the FEELING to farm anymore

no ap farm no m+farm anymore, legion is dead cause we are back to Draenor farm requirement
    Well, that's what blizzard intended with AP, a Cap would mean a race, and btw there's people at 57 traits already ,53-57 which in itself costs many times more then 1-52. And that's with less then half the AK (1.8m% vs 4m%)

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    AK40 is a lot better paced for the current patch and even if it'd be fun for a whole minute or so of having an alt do 1 WQ and gain 40 traits, that doesn't last very long.

But as usual, players complain about numbers they can't put into context.

You cry 'alt unfriendly' as if you had a clue. No, all you see is big bad Blizzard being so evil they cap AK at 4,000,000% instead of 52,000,000~% and that is literally the only thing you take into consideration. 52 > 4!!! That's like, 13 times more farming!

The only difference those extra levels of AK are making in practice is maybe pushing another 2-3 ranks of Concordance (MUH COMPETITIVE!!1) 'on average' before people hit their 'personal cap', but in the meantime makes Artifact progress on alts ridiculous, but AK50 is also extremely poorly paced with 7.2 right now.
    Being allowed to jump to AK40 directly on alts feels a lot better than the -5 system too.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Being allowed to jump to AK40 directly on alts feels a lot better than the -5 system too.
    This is the best change they made, basicly means you can farm immediately instead of being almost 4x as slow.

Deleted
    Well, that's what blizzard intended with AP, a Cap would mean a race, and btw there's people at 57 traits already ,53-57 which in itself costs many times more then 1-52. And that's with less then half the AK (1.8m% vs 4m%)
    wow is a racegame since they insert realm 1st, so yeah i want a farm game to race better

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    wow is a racegame since they insert realm 1st, so yeah i want a farm game to race better
    Well go farm your 101 traits then if you like it so much, nothing stopping you :P You'd hit a wall anyway regardless of AK 40/50/60

Deleted
    Maybe to you and a very small portion of the player-base. Most people take things at their own pace and do things for their own reasons, and don't bother to "race" with others.

Deleted
    With AK50 the ap grinding would had decreased a lot so Blizzard had to fuck a little bit more his users, nothing new. fun detected, blizzard fixes that

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I think people that gets so frustrated that we'll cap at 40 instead of 50 needs to play a few Idle games, to get an idea of how insignificant multipliers can become if the "final" purchases (Concordance) quickly scales out of control.

You can unlock Concordance in a quite comfortable amount of time at AK40, as you're doing the other regular new-dinged alt work, but AK50 just turns the entire Artifact into a minute of pressing traits and then you're almost through the 7.2 traits before you've even unlocked your third relic.

At some point you have to realize that being spoonfed everything you think you want 'right now' is eventually going to decrease your enjoyment instead of increasing it. Doing Suramar quests for insane amounts of AP is only fun if I'm unlocking traits that feel significant along the way for a few hours, not 'Welp I did a questline and I've almost unlocked Concordance'

Too fast isn't fun either. Just look at how leveling is ruined in a similar fashion.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-05-23 at 11:14 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    I said it in another thread and I will say it here again: Blizzard has completely fucked up the reward systems in Legion. With this change they are consolidating that their "new, big system for character progression" is at a certain point:

a) pointless because the reward is practically nothing
    b) too grindy to progress anyway

As such, all they are achieving is:

a) people won't bother with their mains (no meaningful reward and too much grind)
    b) people will be annoyed with their alts (too much grind)

Exceptional game design right there.
    Don't forget WF/TF + trivial welfare content means that unless you pick up a mythic raid schedule you out gear everything in 2 weeks anyway.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Running my first character to gear up, im kind of pleased I dont have to smash it all the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I think people that gets so frustrated that we'll cap at 40 instead of 50 needs to play a few Idle games, to get an idea of how insignificant multipliers can become if the "final" purchases (Concordance) quickly scales out of control.

You can unlock Concordance in a quite comfortable amount of time at AK40, as you're doing the other regular new-dinged alt work, but AK50 just turns the entire Artifact into a minute of pressing traits and then you're almost through the 7.2 traits before you've even unlocked your third relic.

At some point you have to realize that being spoonfed everything you think you want 'right now' is eventually going to decrease your enjoyment instead of increasing it.
    It's better to have a sense of "i'm finally done with this weapon" instead of never getting close to finishing it no matter how much you play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Maybe to you and a very small portion of the player-base. Most people take things at their own pace and do things for their own reasons, and don't bother to "race" with others.
    The DO bother to complain about everything though