Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    One thing people who say "Well I should be far enough away that I should be good" seem to keep overlooking: The environmental and economic effects.

Even if you sit comfy on the other side of the world, even if the blast is limited to where only the surrounding American areas are affected, a big enough explosion would send the entire world into a state of emergency. Most agriculture in the USA would be completely wiped out. Even a huge chunk of central and south american agriculture would likely feel the effects of a large enough eruption. These are global exports we're talking. Sudden/expected loss of supply and inevitable panic would cause stores to go empty and/or costs for food to skyrocket.

The US economy would be completely crippled beyond anything we'd ever seen. Even in places where the most they get is a few inches of ash, many businesses will likely have to close shop. The international transportation industry (commercial delivery trucks, railroad, airlines, etc) would be brought to a screeching halt due to many transportation methods being blocked, destroyed, or unsafe.

The USA housing bubble was a domino effect that threw the entire global economy into a recession. Imagine what would happen if the entire US economy collapsed in a matter of hours.

The fact is that, even if scientists realize that Yellowstone is really on its way to blowing, we'll never know about it until either right at the moment or just before, because the global panic would cause just as much (if not more) harm than the actual eruption.

As a European I would directly go and volunteer to do whatever is possible to save as many people.

Get some snacks and watch america collapse on my TV. Smling.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    Buy the heaviest jacket/pants, Boots and canned food, gonna be a cold one.
    Might want to add some way to make sure you keep all that stuff.

As for me I'd be walking around ringing a bell wearing a clapboard sign.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Die...
    /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Obviously it's extremely, extremely and let me reiterate extremely unlikely that the Yellowstone Volcano will erupt anytime soon, it's still fun to specute.

Say the Yellowstone Volcano magically erupted tomorrow, where would you go? Assuming you're either in Canada, America or somewhere that would be profoundly affected by its eruption (not going to name specific places because with these scenarios they're usually very over-exaggerated).
    I would hold a vigil for Yogi.

Depends on what time. I have a date with a cutie pie tomorrow, so... I can picture pumpin' away, looking out the window and seeing it go off and making some Chris Bale in American Psycho gesture.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Depends on what time. I have a date with a cutie pie tomorrow, so... I can picture pumpin' away, looking out the window and seeing it go off and making some Chris Bale in American Psycho gesture.
    Someone is awfully optimistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Someone is awfully optimistic.
    End of the world, have to be, eh?

Jumping on a plane and going to my family's property in Hawaii.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Jumping on a plane and going to my family's property in Hawaii.
    uhm if a supervolcano erupts you do realize there will be no planes flying right? unless you have some sort of death wish.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I'm not going anywhere! I'm in the blast zone, so I'm already dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    if you can see it go off.....your already dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    Get some snacks and watch america collapse on my TV. Smling.
    tv's will be out of service......has anyone in here ever been in a disaster or read about what actually fucking happens? or these are just jokes. yes i hope these are just jokes. you do realize all that ash will go into the atmosphere and block any signals from satelites? i also find it hilarious you think europe and the rest of the world will be unaffected by the volcanic ash blocking the sun's rays. because crops don't need sunlight at all. nope.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2017-05-22 at 07:40 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    tv's will be out of service......has anyone in here ever been in a disaster or read about what actually fucking happens? or these are just jokes. yes i hope these are just jokes. you do realize all that ash will go into the atmosphere and block any signals from satelites?
    You have been in a supervolcano eruption? Tell us about it.

Also, if a volcano goes boom in the US, it's not like the whole world is full of ash in a nanosecond. That takes, weeks, months or even years to happen.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You have been in a supervolcano eruption? Tell us about it.

Also, if a volcano goes boom in the US, it's not like the whole world is full of ash in a nanosecond. That takes, weeks, months or even years to happen.
    this /10char
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

uhm if a supervolcano erupts you do realize there will be no planes flying right? unless you have some sort of death wish.
    That depends on where you live and how quickly you can moblize. If something like this happened the okanet isn't instantly covered in ash. Now I probably couldn't get there, but I would try it would be ine of my families best survival chances.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

if you can see it go off.....your already dead.
    Glorious way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Obviously it's extremely, extremely and let me reiterate extremely unlikely that the Yellowstone Volcano will erupt anytime soon, it's still fun to specute.

Say the Yellowstone Volcano magically erupted tomorrow, where would you go? Assuming you're either in Canada, America or somewhere that would be profoundly affected by its eruption (not going to name specific places because with these scenarios they're usually very over-exaggerated).
    This reminds me of the 2012 movie I watched years back on some Mayan calendar conspiracy.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    This reminds me of the 2012 movie I watched years back on some Mayan calendar conspiracy.
    Mayan calendar conspiracy?

Pretty sure a full blow eruption is damn near an extinction level event. Sure many live though the first blast. Sure many live a few months. But eventually toxic ash and nuclear winter will snuff enough of the food supply that it would be done for everyone. Granted I wouldn't doubt a few small pockets would possibly make it. But the years of hardship and high mortality rate humanity wouldn't be anywhere near the same again for millions of years if ever.

I live close enough that I just get to die in the first day or so. So no reason to worry about it or fight it. Better to just die that way then starve out.