Targeting your first legendary with shards

Do you think it's worth targeting your first legendary with sentinax shards instead of getting Rng'd?

If so, which one do we want as DH?

AOTHG ? Here's the problem, you target rings your might get a sephuz.

Wrists ? Very strong, even for single target, but for ToS, Blade dance is gonna be the new set bonus, and you can't have the blade dance talent and bloodlet.

Other ?

- - - Updated - - -

Belt ? Probably the the safest choice because it syncs with all of our burst and heroism.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, essentially you would have to ONLY do shards for this to work if it even worked. This would be no dungeons, raids, emmisarys, etc.

You would miss out on a lot of things by doing this.

No do the dungeons and raids and emissaries as normal. If you happen to get a legendary so be it. But I'm saying when it comes time to turn in the shards, do we go ilvl upgrades or target a BiS legendary?

Deleted
    It is not worth it. On my newly dinged shaman i Oh yeah i farm 15k Shards so i can get my legendary. After maybe 11+ emesarys. So i figured my ods we would be good. So far No legendary yet, So this targeting legendary is pointless

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    It is not worth it. On my newly dinged shaman i Oh yeah i farm 15k Shards so i can get my legendary. After maybe 11+ emesarys. So i figured my ods we would be good. So far No legendary yet, So this targeting legendary is pointless
    Blizzard said some time ago that bad luck protection does not apply for shards.
    Neither does your chance to get a leg increase if you have a lot of bad luck protection, nor does buying stuff with shards increase your bad luck protection.

On alts I would check which slots can get legendaries, but this is not a feasible method to farm specific legendaries.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

shards on anything but trinkets is insanity with arcanocrystal out there

Yes and no.

If you do not have it, sure.
    If you have it, though.. One of the main reason it is so good is because it is overbudget. Only its initial stat pool is overbudget, though, its stat gain per level is not.
    So the difference between an ilvl 860 arcano and an ilvl 880 arcano is actually relatively small.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykhe View Post
    Blizzard said some time ago that bad luck protection does not apply for shards.
    Neither does your chance to get a leg increase if you have a lot of bad luck protection, nor does buying stuff with shards increase your bad luck protection.
    Source on this? I must have missed that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedz View Post
    shards on anything but trinkets is insanity with arcanocrystal out there
    Na I haven't seen on relic drop over 900 from raids/dungeons past 8 or so weeks since I have dinged 110 on my dh alt (now main)

From hand ins I got 3x 905-910 relics (quite a few 900 also) from 12 or so hand ins

Wpdps is the biggest boost for us and chances u get arcano are not good ;p

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by webw0lf359 View Post
    Just play the game, the 1st leggo is pretty much a free gift. All my recent characters got 1 (even 2) with in a few hours of hitting 110. Just do WQ's and broken shore, turning war supplies and bingo.
    Also pretty much this.. i mean literally if u clear all raids 5-6 hrs a week (except mythic) the odd invasion and farm broken shore every day for 30-40mins or so u should get a legendary every week or two..