Page 49 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Those of you going on and on about the "evils of Islam", do you realize that you are doing exactly what ISIS intended.

The point of Islamic terrorism is not to kill people. It is to create an atmosphere where more young Muslims feel disenfranchised and will be ripe for the picking. If you are here going on and on about Islam being evil then you are really doing the work of ISIS.

I know it sounds cheesy but hate really breeds hate. It is usually some metaphor for something but here it is not. It is right on the surface, not hard to comprehend. If you are spreading hate against Muslims you are a much valued recruitment tool for ISIS.
    Unfortunately, there are a large chunk of people who get sucked into the fear-mongering...and they aren't able to think critically for themselves, so there is no reason to expect that they will understand things like context of the situation much less the interaction of various groups of people.

While it may well have been a Muslim who committed this atrocity, people like the OP (and many other commentators on this thread) fail to understand that many Muslim doctors worked through the night to help the injured, and many Muslim taxi drivers drove victims home for free. The perpetrator appears to have been born and raised in the UK (initial rumors is that he was from Kent, but we'll need to wait for validation), but that won't stop idiots from claiming immigration is the real problem.

“Evil isn’t the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it’s a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference.” - Jim Butcher, Vignette

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Ah don't think the barking of a few means anything. You just have to take a look at opinion polls to see that the vast majority of for example germans still have a positive view of muslims, despite what happened in the past months and years.
    They got brainwashed to feel guilty though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    ISIS have claimed it.

Thier news source put this out :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAgpGODXUAA3jiT.jpg:large

This could mean it is a directed attack, not an inspired attack.
    Crusaders? Someone should tell them we do not send teenage girls to fight our holy wars. Do they think we are France?

Quote Originally Posted by FeuerFrei View Post
    Daesh just claimed responsibility

https://twitter.com/saladinaldronni/...86819673620481

Salafism should be classified as a mental illness and due to persons suffering from it,tend to suffer from Spontaneous Human Explosion, their treatment should be the same as with bovines suffering from Foot and Mouth disease
    Shows how cowardly and weak ISIS is when they claim 14 year old girls are "crusaders". Can't wait for Trump to get home and bomb one of their bases of operations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    When will the global conversation move from patronizing murderers, to calling for reformation? It happened with Judaism, Christianity, Catholicism. Islam, is in DIRE need of it.
    No, it didn't. Judaism and Islam share the same profile of not following hierarchical structures. There's always been sectarian splinters of their mainstream doctrines which were different in nature (Sufi, Alevites, Ahmadiyya, Sephardes, Hasides etc.). In fact early Islamic-Jewish cultures were pretty much more advanced than their European Christian counterparts. Al-Andalus was a haven science, arts and philosophy and had a great impact on the rest of Europe too through cultural migration e.g. early medieval music.

Without going too deep I'd like to add that Catholicism being part of Christianity didn't really reform itself. In regions where Catholicism is still strong people are very devout and conservative in lifestyle too. Reform would imply going back to the basics and restructure with regards of mistakes made and knowledge gained. People often mistake the term reformation with "change for good" while the term is in reality of neutral value.
    Without going even deeper: The radical movements of Islam see and always saw themselves as reformation movements and them gaining a foothold had a lot to do with conflicts in Europe too (WWI to begin with). What needs to change is rather systemic in nature, people don't flock to terrorist causes without a fundamental reason. Ever seen a rich Saudi prince with bomb belts in a European town? No? I wonder why...
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2017-05-23 at 02:47 PM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    so delusional it is scary to think so many people share in your denial.

how many more attacks? how many more deaths?
    denial ? so if you tell me you saw a flying horse and I ask you for a proof of it you tell me "so delusional it is scary to think so many people share in your denial" ?

I'm watching the news, the British police has not confirmed the identity of the attacker (which may help define the motives) and you claim you already know who and why it was, and you call me delusional ?

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Those of you going on and on about the "evils of Islam", do you realize that you are doing exactly what ISIS intended.

The point of Islamic terrorism is not to kill people. It is to create an atmosphere where more young Muslims feel disenfranchised and will be ripe for the picking. If you are here going on and on about Islam being evil then you are really doing the work of ISIS.

I know it sounds cheesy but hate really breeds hate. It is usually some metaphor for something but here it is not. It is right on the surface, not hard to comprehend. If you are spreading hate against Muslims you are a much valued recruitment tool for ISIS.
    You mean on mmo champion? Because here everything is as normal, the one affected by this is the victims and relatives for everyone else its back to normal in no time so no. The middleeast is another story as they have these attacks where muslims are killing muslims daily so there it affects everyone.

Also lets join the group that slaughters the most civilians that will show them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    so if you tell me you saw a flying horse and I ask you for a proof of it you tell me "so delusional it is scary to think so many people share in your denial" ?
    What a mindblowing inane comparison. Only is literally impossible, the other has a quite high likeliness based on previous events.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Unfortunately, there are a large chunk of people who get sucked into the fear-mongering...and they aren't able to think critically for themselves, so there is no reason to expect that they will understand things like context of the situation much less the interaction of various groups of people.

While it may well have been a Muslim who committed this atrocity, people like the OP (and many other commentators on this thread) fail to understand that many Muslim doctors worked through the night to help the injured, and many Muslim taxi drivers drove victims home for free. The perpetrator appears to have been born and raised in the UK (initial rumors is that he was from Kent, but we'll need to wait for validation), but that won't stop idiots from claiming immigration is the real problem.

“Evil isn’t the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it’s a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference.” - Jim Butcher, Vignette
    Yeh Muslims are great people I agree. Feel bad for people like my doctor I used to have, or a Kuwaiti I go out to get different cultural foods at new restaurants I haven't been to before, or a room mate that I played WoW with in sophomore year. Or the husband and wife from Egypt that operate the fallafal stand on campus and is very nice to everyone and I have conversations with every week. All great people and very respectable. Doesn't mean I don't want a swarm of a million horse dicks to ram the butts of all the ISIS terrorists.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2017-05-23 at 12:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Who? Germans? Ha, good one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Another day, another terrorist strike in Europe.

I swear, these things are soon as common as school shootings in the US.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Who? Germans? Ha, good one.
    I assume you're aren't from Germany if you think that's amusing.

Isis is taking the blame as expected
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

15+ Year Old Account
    I assume you're aren't from Germany if you think that's amusing.
    I have a lot of german friends, none of them feels guilty.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Because it doesn't take a genius to go "HUH, well, lets look back, who's done the last 50 bombings like this..... ah yes..... all from ISIS..... "

in other words, track fucking record.
    Remember that guy who planted explosives near a german soccer team bus ? than blamed it on "Muslims" ?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-so...-idUSKBN17N0G3

So what did you say about the last 50 bombings ?

Considering sweden was major nazi sympathizers in ww2 thats where their guilt is coming from.
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Was it islam again because at this point I feel like I may as well have a signature that says #religionofPeace

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-05-23 at 02:48 PM.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    What a mindblowing inane comparison. Only is literally impossible, the other has a quite high likeliness based on previous events.
    According to Islam, Muhammed flew from Jerusalem to Mecca on a flying horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Considering sweden was major nazi sympathizers in ww2 thats where their guilt is coming from.
    Swedes were sterilizing gypsies and other undesireables until 1974. Leftist policies always lead to pandering to Islamists in the hunt for voting blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    Remember that guy who planted explosives near a german soccer team bus ? than blamed it on "Muslims" ?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-so...-idUSKBN17N0G3

So what did you say about the last 50 bombings ?
    So you excusing isis for a bombing that didnt kill anyone?