Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    “You want to keep the EU funds, but you don’t want our values.” - EU to Hungary

This the problem with the EU, they want their cake and to eat it every which way. We could so easily have said... well we pretty much have really.

“You want to keep the UK funds, but you don’t want our values.” - UK to EU

This is why the EU is failing and ultimately will collapse. A failed experiment and it makes no one, financial contributor or beneficiary nation happy.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    And the EU is correct.

The EU is funding the Central European University and the Hungarian Government is trying to twist it to its purpose because the uni is not bowing down to Orban. It is one of the world leading Universities with no Hungarian Uni even comming close to approcahing it.
    Why on earth is the eu funding a university based in the US?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post

This the problem with the EU, they want their cake and to eat it every which way. We could so easily have said... well we pretty much have really.

This is why the EU is failing and ultimately will collapse. A failed experiment and it makes no one, financial contributor or beneficiary nation happy.
    This shit is at the level of "fog on the channel the continent is isolated!" Wonderful ahahah

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Bashing germany actually is a good idea. We guys eat way too much sauerkraut.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-to-eu-economy

France’s independent presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron, tied with far-right candidate Marine Le Pen in polls before the election, said Germany’s large trade surplus is harmful to the euro-zone economy and called for more balance.

“Germany benefits from the imbalances within the euro zone and achieves very high trade surpluses,” centrist candidate Macron said in an interview published Monday with Germany’s Funke Mediengruppe and France’s Ouest-France newspaper. “Those aren’t a good thing either for Germany or for the economy of the euro zone. There should be a rebalancing.”

Germany’s growing export surplus has raised concerns for the global economy as well as the European Union after reaching a record in 2016. U.S. President Donald Trump’s trade adviser accused the nation of exploiting a “grossly undervalued” euro. Critics say that Germany’s dominance is undermining EU nations’ economies and urge its government to take steps to boost domestic demand and imports.

Macron, 39, is tied with Le Pen, an anti-immigration, EU-skeptic candidate, with 22 percent support for the first round of France’s election on April 23, according to an Ipsos/Sopra Steria poll for Le Monde. The most unpredictable presidential vote in a generation has become a four-way race with far-left candidate Jean-Luc Melenchon surging alongside Republican Francois Fillon.
    Even mainstream EU politicians are openly blaming Germany for depressing the EU economy with it's trade imbalance. It is a well established fact that the German exports hurt the rest of Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    What numbers?
    In cases when you imigrate and apply for asylum or refugee status and are rejected because you dont qualify and subsidiary portection is not extended to you, you are generally asked either to leave on your own accord or tolerated temporarily. In theory people that commit crime are not supposed to be tolerated and since they are not protected under the clauses for refugees etc. they can usually be asked to leave with a deadline or if necessary arrested and foricibly deported.

The current practice shows that a lot of those that have no longer permission to stay in countries in the EU do in fact not leave. Depeding on the practices in the country they assume new identities or stay within the communities that provide support. So even if they commit crime, multiple crimes and are serial offenders, toleration continues and deportation hardly ever happens.

Forced deportation would be what was intended and necessary for thousands in the EU, still nothing happens, the process gets stuck, because they, and I shit you not, have no know address to send them the legal paperwork that comes along with this process. Thats how big commities with radical preachers, isis recruting mosques and hives for scum and villany unlike anything the galaxy has ever seen could grow in the midst of europes cities.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    See, this is where your argument becomes stupid. It isn't a Dilemma for countries who would outright lamblast them. If anything, Child Marriage is illegal and those people should be locked up.

And last I checked, All Jihadists were Muslims, so yes, Jihadists are an exclusively Muslim problem.
    Child marriage isn't even illegal here in America as long as you have parental consent. And in Hungry their age of consent is 14.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post

The EU apparatchiks are going too far again. I really hope this serves as a wake up call to France and other EU sceptics.
    For a Not-Country, it sure like to micromanage the policies of associated countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    For a Not-Country, it sure like to micromanage the policies of associated countries.
    Actually it's the exact opposite. They take pains to stay out of domestic affairs but Orban has been undermining the bloc for a while now (along with the rest of the V4) so they have to step in to prevent further disintegration. And even the steps they did take are minimal, it's not like they're dishing out sanctions or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    In cases when you imigrate and apply for asylum or refugee status and are rejected because you dont qualify and subsidiary portection is not extended to you, you are generally asked either to leave on your own accord or tolerated temporarily. In theory people that commit crime are not supposed to be tolerated and since they are not protected under the clauses for refugees etc. they can usually be asked to leave with a deadline or if necessary arrested and foricibly deported.

The current practice shows that a lot of those that have no longer permission to stay in countries in the EU do in fact not leave. Depeding on the practices in the country they assume new identities or stay within the communities that provide support. So even if they commit crime, multiple crimes and are serial offenders, toleration continues and deportation hardly ever happens.

Forced deportation would be what was intended and necessary for thousands in the EU, still nothing happens, the process gets stuck, because they, and I shit you not, have no know address to send them the legal paperwork that comes along with this process. Thats how big commities with radical preachers, isis recruting mosques and hives for scum and villany unlike anything the galaxy has ever seen could grow in the midst of europes cities.
    This seems more like an opinion piece with no numbers at all.

If you're staying in a country illegally you will be removed if law enforcement can actually find you.
    If they can't, yeah thats a problem. Hardly a problem as large as you make it out but still.

I know of very few politicians or people in general that are ok with people breaking the law though so I doubt you have to worry much about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Hungary is doing everything the communists of old did at first. It's odd to see right-wingers putting such faith in failed communist ideals and deeds.
    Our governing party are commies alright despite professing themselves rightwing. They only qualify inasmuch as they are properly xenophobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hungary is in no position for a tough guy act.
    That shithole should be grateful for our support.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I'm against the eu forced immigration its common knowledge by know that Orban and the anti-eu rethoric in Hungary is heavily fueled by Russia.

Hungary is doing everything the communists of old did at first. It's odd to see right-wingers putting such faith in failed communist ideals and deeds.
    The EU behaves like old communists.

Yes, by wishing to encourage liberal values and free market trade.
    What liberal values are hurt by making a foreign university disclose it's funding and register as a foreign entity that it is?

This seems more like an opinion piece with no numbers at all.

If you're staying in a country illegally you will be removed if law enforcement can actually find you.
    If they can't, yeah thats a problem. Hardly a problem as large as you make it out but still.

I know of very few politicians or people in general that are ok with people breaking the law though so I doubt you have to worry much about that.
    Which country do you currently live in? Because in Germany where I live your confidence would be "unfounded" (the understatement of the century). And as far as I know the same is true for many other european countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    Which country do you currently live in? Because in Germany where I live your confidence would be "unfounded" (the understatement of the century). And as far as I know the same is true for many other european countries.
    Sweden. Working quite well, for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post

And what values would that be? Since the EU itself is more democratic then the UK that's off the list
    Freedom of press? Pretty much covered
    Education covered

Maybe not being pricks?
    Last edited by ati87; 2017-04-28 at 02:34 PM.

Sweden. Working quite well, for the most part.
    So, there is no rise in violent crime and sexual assault and the thing about death by iron pineapple as well as gang crime that has arisen in sweden in the past years are all the stuff of legends?

Because I can tell you that it isnt in Germany and the data from official goverment sources shows this without a shred of doubt. And we arrived at this point because our laws prevent effective means of deportation, of expeling people and of denying services and social benefits to those that stay despite having no permission to do so. And last but not least we got a huge industry of professionals and volunteers working for and benefitting from this status quo.

Quite frankly it has reached levels of absurdity up until now unknown to man. Or, to give you a single example out of a dozen that come to mind, what would you call having to grant (ex-)taliban asylum if they are threatend with death or torture back home? Not to be incarcerated for the time of their stay mind you, but to walk the streets as free men and paid for by our taxes.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just for the child marriage topic: germany will abolish its own law about marriage at age of 16 with parental consent and nail the age for marriage at the same level as other adult stuff: 18 and not a day less. those refugee child marriages are not covered by the protection of government anymore, they are illegal then.

Deleted
    It is absolutely shocking how many here are damning the EU for "stepping on their nationalism". But when it comes to money, none of them say no. Maybe countries like Hungary (and the UK for that matter) will realize how many benefits they actually have from being in the EU when they're not any more. I certainly hope that the trade discussions with the UK will make them feel that.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    It is absolutely shocking how many here are damning the EU for "stepping on their nationalism". But when it comes to money, none of them say no. Maybe countries like Hungary (and the UK for that matter) will realize how many benefits they actually have from being in the EU when they're not any more. I certainly hope that the trade discussions with the UK will make them feel that.
    Yeah, that's definitely the fault of the have your cake types, nationalism requires going your own way in every way.

Then again there are lots of people who think cheat meals are good dietary practice, so no surprise when people who are supposedly hardcore have a marshmallow center. Toughen up and make their own ways, even if there's a financial hit at first.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.