Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will suck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    *scratches head in confusion*

Honestly, if I'm the only one expecting much from it but go on the internet for sources so I can argue why, I'd have a lot of priorities to set straight.
    My point would be a bit childish but I'm pretty interested cuz of Gal and it's a DC movie. I'm not a too much comic guy, but my friends drag everything in the discussion. That is why looking for some good arguments!
    - says Ralph

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by proralph View Post
    My point would be a bit childish but I'm pretty interested cuz of Gal and it's a DC movie. I'm not a too much comic guy, but my friends drag everything in the discussion. That is why looking for some good arguments!
    You've just listed your personal arguments. You're interested in the movie because of the main actress and the brand that supports the movie. If you have faith in both based on good things they've done in the past, that's all you need to justify yourself.

Movies are a subjective topic because they're designed around subjective views. I'd argue there are basics every movie requires, such as relatable characters that are developed, solid plot and story and proper explanation if things are found lacking.
    In the end, there will be people who like Adam Sandler movies.
    /shrugs

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like it could be the best DC movie yet. then again, a time lapse of a corpse rotting in the sun could probably take the title at this point.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

7+ Year Old Account
    Noooope! She can't act. Also, did a quick IMDB search, the story is written by Zack Snyder and the screen play is by some dude I've never heard of whose only writing credits over the last decade are a scattering of episodes from a bunch of crappy tv shows, same for the director. So let me elaborate a little more.

Noooooooope!
    Last edited by Thoughtcrime; 2017-05-22 at 02:21 PM.

I haven't cared for anything that's been done with the DC universe. Except for the dark knight movies.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by GrieverXIII View Post
    Can i be ahead of the curve and blame misogynie for its inevitable flop?
    TBH, it's probably the only woman superhero that looks badass. Bonus points for not being forced a sex change to please feminists.

I'll probably enjoy the movie if they don't do it badly.
    That OST <3
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    You've just listed your personal arguments. You're interested in the movie because of the main actress and the brand that supports the movie. If you have faith in both based on good things they've done in the past, that's all you need to justify yourself.

Movies are a subjective topic because they're designed around subjective views. I'd argue there are basics every movie requires, such as relatable characters that are developed, solid plot and story and proper explanation if things are found lacking.
    In the end, there will be people who like Adam Sandler movies.
    /shrugs
    Thank you for putting up straight and clearing my head. I'm surely not a movie person now, damn, that hurts!
    - says Ralph

movie with be a hit critically and financially
    Be feared, or be fuel

I like watching both DC and Marvel movies, and excited much about Wonder Woman. But my friends and colleagues are criticizing it much because of previous DC movies, specially Batman vs Superman. I need strong words to counter them because I'm expecting much from it!
    She was the only cool thing in Batman VS Superman, I like the character and I think she's the right actress to portray her (completely unrelated to the fact that she's hot af), but I'm not blind to the many fails of DC stuff lately so I dont really wanna keep my hopes too high and just be disappointed.

(but secretly I'm hyped for Wonder Woman)

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    movie with be a hit critically and financially
    Just like MoS, BvS and SS then.

Deleted
    Thank you for putting up straight and clearing my head. I'm surely not a movie person now, damn, that hurts!
    How so?

I was simply pointing out that even though movies are a subjective topic there are basic requirements.

Think of it as looking at a painting. If there's no frame or paint, it's not a painting.

Same with movies. If it's so unimmersive that you can't even identify it as a movie, or even worse, everything is put so clearly into scene that you can only think of the characters as 'actors', it's basically not a movie.

You don't have to uphold the values I require to be immersed in a movie, but anyone will find it lacking if you can't even identify it as a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Just like MoS, BvS and SS then.
    pretty much, but WW will get a higher RT score.
    Be feared, or be fuel

pretty much, but WW will get a higher RT score.
    Oh you were for real? Prepare for disappointment then!

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    Noooope! She can't act. Also, did a quick IMDB search, the story is written by Zack Snyder and the screen play is by some dude I've never heard of whose only writing credits over the last decade are a scattering of episodes from a bunch of crappy tv shows, same for the director. So let me elaborate a little more.

Noooooooope!
    how do you know he cant act? snyder is co-writter of the story along with geoff jones, and patty jenkins did Monster
    Be feared, or be fuel

7+ Year Old Account
    how do you know he cant act? snyder is co-writter of the story along with geoff jones, and patty jenkins did Monster
    1: Because I've seen her try? She's awful, has zero charisma. She's just good looking.
    2: He's involved in the story, he can't write. That there are multiple writers is creatively much WORSE. Tolstoy didn't have a bunch of hacks writing chapters for him.
    3: Note that I said "over the last decade"

The film may be a 'hit' in the commercial sense just like a lot of Adam Sandler and Transformer movies are. But it's still shit.

I like watching both DC and Marvel movies, and excited much about Wonder Woman. But my friends and colleagues are criticizing it much because of previous DC movies, specially Batman vs Superman. I need strong words to counter them because I'm expecting much from it!
    They dont need it to be a hit, just break even. The whole movie is nothing but some backstory leading up to the Justice League

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Oh you were for real? Prepare for disappointment then!
    right back atcha
    Be feared, or be fuel

right back atcha
    I'll be disappointed because you think it'll be better than I do? Uh, okay.

After BvS, don't trust a goddamn thing DC/WB are putting out. Will wait until it's free and then decide if future films are worth the money.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.