Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Did you not read the Supreme Court ruling or something? Republicans just got caught drawing their lines based on race.
    The Supreme court is always right? Do you honestly believe if that if a minority heavy district voted republican the Republicans would draw their lines to exclude them? The race thing was just a bullshit excuse. #commonsense

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The Supreme court is always right?
    When it comes to determining equal protection under the law, as provided by the US Constitution, then yes. The Supreme Court is always right. They're the final arbiter. Not to mention this was an affirmation of lower court rulings.

Do you honestly believe if that if a minority heavy district voted republican the Republicans would draw their lines to exclude them? The race thing was just a bullshit excuse.
    OK seriously. Did you read the article? The GOP drew lines that crammed black voters into voting districts that already vote Democratic. Thus, making the surrounding districts more white.
    Eat yo vegetables

The Supreme court is always right? Do you honestly believe if that if a minority heavy district voted republican the Republicans would draw their lines to exclude them? The race thing was just a bullshit excuse. #commonsense
    Common sense demands to know why would they be wrong...
    What the fuck are you seeing that they didn't in that court room?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    No, not the same as blantantly racist redrawing of lines.

Both parties gerrymander, the republicans were stupid enough to make it obviously based on race.
    False equivalence is all conservatives and Trump supporters have left. Their followers have been deluded for 30 years by the "conservative thought leaders" that they have to believe the "left" does the same brainwashing the right does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Man, look how "awoke" this independent voter is. Here he is not blindly defending everything the Republican party does.
    Hey he's just asking the hard questions because "both sides" are just as bad! Am I doing this right?
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

I don't get it, why should race matter? Are you saying people will vote on a party based on their race? Isn't that rather racist to assume how people will vote is based on the color of their skin?
    The Republicans requested data on voting patterns by race, and then acted on said data.

So yes, that is what Republicans are apparently saying. Would you like to still stand by your statement that such actions would be racist?

District lines being drawn by partisans is the most ridiculous electoral concept I can imagine. In any country.

To be honest I don't think congressional districts are really necessary anymore anyway.

Regardless of your feelings on race, Republicans and Democrats draw their boundary lines based on how people vote, not based on the color of their skin
    Which they assume they know, based on the colour of their skin.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2017-05-23 at 02:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Man, look how "awoke" this independent voter is. Here he is not blindly defending everything the Republican party does.
    I revoked his membership in the woke club.

Regardless of your feelings on race, Republicans and Democrats draw their boundary lines based on how people vote, not based on the color of their skin
    Regardless of their voting preference, it's illegal to draw district lines with race as the controlling factor (with some exceptions).

The GOP asked for a bunch of voting data on the voting habits and distribution of black voters, then passed measures to limit or restrict the methods employed by black voters to vote and passed laws to concentrate the distribution into as few districts as possible.

Even without taking into account the historical trend of black voters predominantly leaning Democrat, the GOP drew these lines based on race, which is unconstitutional.

Which party they tend to vote doesn't make it any less unconstitutional.