Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Has anyone mentioned that it works well with ff14 yet? I thought id just put that out there before reading the thread!
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Has anyone mentioned that it works well with ff14 yet? I thought id just put that out there before reading the thread!
    That's pretty much been most of the discussion, however that game is very different as it was designed with consoles in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    To shut you up.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...-guard/landore

Done EN/TOV on heroic, haven't done NH and likely won't cause I don't care to.

lol so EN almost 2 months after it opened, one of the easiest raids, well done but cute if you think it's challenging xavius lacking difficulty even on mythic.

and ToV heroic? 1 week ago? so just join a pug where lots of 900+ ppl are just speed clearing for AP/leggos.

if you think that counts as challenging, fine, but i don't thats fucking easy content. i mean just checking your feats of strength you've never done any seriously hard content in wow at all, so can consoles/controllers work for that easy content while overgeared ppl carry you? hell yeh it can.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    If somebody can beat Dark Souls with a guitar controller, they can play WoW with a Dual Shock.
    That person sure as hell isn't going to be me.
    lol well played, that's really the point, you can play it with almost anything, if you're skilled practise and dedicate yourself like that person did playing with what was it? 7 types of controllers even some drums?

but wow is about a huge audience how many people would fail to even hit 110 using a guitar controller.

and most of the fear is already about the dumbing down of wow, how they dumbed down diablo 3 from diablo 2. personally diablo 3 is a shithole and i love diablo 2 so i don't want WoW dumbed down anymore than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by McSkip View Post
    Do you think that a console emulation for WoW would work in terms of game mechanics?
    No.
    Do you think people would be interested in playing this version?
    Not enough people to make it worth it.
    What other ways do you think could be used to bring WoW to consoles?
    Add Hearthstone as a mini-game in-game, and allow players to queue against other players playing on mobile. A-la the Be-Jewled addon from years ago
    Would you be interested in playing a console version?
    no
    Would you be interested in playing a virtual reality version?
    No
    MW | BW

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    That's pretty much been most of the discussion, however that game is very different as it was designed with consoles in mind.
    While it was designed with consoles in mind, if you took someone who never played WoW nor FF11/12/14 and sat them down with wow then FF14 then back and then to the other they could easily find themselves confused as to which one they were playing as the overlap in gameplay is like a Venn Diagram wherein it looks like a circle just has some extra thick lines on either side.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I do gotta say using a controller with action camera is great when you wanna take a break and just do WQ or farm.
    Without the action cam, you could make it more viable for a decent level of raiding, if you wanted. Dunno if comfy couch raiding if much of a thing though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I played FFXI on PS2 and Xbox 360 for years. There's no reason you couldn't run WoW on a console. That said, I don't think Blizzard really has any interest to bring WoW to a console. I think they'll continue to bring their other franchises to consoles as sequels/new IPs come out, but leave WoW to the computer gamers.

There's absolutely no reason to NOT bring it to consoles now. They share the same pc architecture, and you could very easily set up the console to utilize the mouse and keyboard. Graphically they are more than capable of running they game at very high settings. Addons might be a tricky issue, but then again maybe not. I just play the games, i dont make them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    There's absolutely no reason to NOT bring it to consoles now. They share the same pc architecture, and you could very easily set up the console to utilize the mouse and keyboard. Graphically they are more than capable of running they game at very high settings. Addons might be a tricky issue, but then again maybe not. I just play the games, i dont make them.
    Wow is more CPU then GPU demanding so I wouldn't say current systems could run it on very high. But could on at lease medium and that's more then enough.

Maybe high at a 30fps cap.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    There is absolutely zero chance WoW healing could be pulled off on a controller in any difficulty above normal, so no to all.
    Can't speak for console controllers, but I'm doing fine healing HC NH with a Steam controller. I think console port has a raid cursor that snaps between healing frames, but that probably is less effective as groups get bigger.

I believe that FFXIV proved that any MMO could work perfectly fine on console if done correctly. The only problem I find in wow is that it has too many great addons that people cant do without them and sony does not allow addons/mods on PS4..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Prove it can't work........Can't didn't think so. Also you fail to realize if they did it PS4 would only play with PS4 and that matters a great deal.

(By the way before you tell me to prove it can, go look at high end raiding in FFXIV)

- - - Updated - - -

Addon's wouldn't happen (or would be monitored if they did, I do believe ESO on consoles has them now). So that mean's blizzard would have to get off there ass and improve the UI.
    Easily said, not so much done.
    As shown by custom UI's, there is no "improvement" which simply suits everyone.
    Not least the very personal views on how the same information should be displayed, the preferences between bars and icons for instance.
    It would be rather messy trying to cater to everyone there, being a jack of all trades and master of none.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I believe that FFXIV proved that any MMO could work perfectly fine on console if done correctly. The only problem I find in wow is that it has too many great addons that people cant do without them and sony does not allow addons/mods on PS4..
    Does that show anything of the sort ?
    Or does it show what people will accept when they have no choice.
    Working fine, and working with what you have are very different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    But then how would I click on rend?
    This is exactly the comment I came here looking for.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelGrazza View Post
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    ^Has never played FFXIV.

MMOs can play really well with a controller. I think it's too late for WoW but the next MMO Blizz creates will probably come to console.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

There is already a gamepad UI/addon out there , you can play with your ps3-4/xbox controler :P

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    WoW on consoles = forced dumbing down on PC.

No thanks.
    Play FFXIV and then try to say this with a straight face. Anything you can do on a PC MMO you could do on console (EDIT: except addons) . Cross bar systems work just fine. Currently PS4 has native mouse and keyboard support and XB1 will have it in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    There is already a gamepad UI/addon out there , you can play with your ps3-4/xbox controler :P
    I've tried this, doesn't work that well. The game needs to be designed for it, just like FFXIV. If you want to see how well a MMO can play with a controller, download the free trial and check it out. (it takes a bit of setup to get the hang of it - FFXIV has good gameplay but a TERRIBLE UI)
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Champ that's not how this works, you made the original claim now back it up or go away.
    I am still waiting for you to back up your claim. "I know guys who have dun it" is not proof. Wow is too complicated to work with a console. Just because the inferior raiding scene in FF can do it doesn't mean that WoW can do it. It is obvious you haven't raided more than LFR. What you should do is go back to reporting people because you failed in shouting them down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    I always been good with computer games, mouse and keyboard, having controller insteed never been a thing for me. But that is more
    of my own comfort zone and more skillful at mouse and keyboard.

I prefer having the best of both worlds, keyboard an a MMO mouse for wow, and an xbox controller for Dark souls.
    I have no problem with console games as long as i can play them on PC, even when the ports are horrible, there is always a godsend modder that manages to solve the problems, as happened with the dark souls port for example.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I am still waiting for you to back up your claim. "I know guys who have dun it" is not proof. Wow is too complicated to work with a console. Just because the inferior raiding scene in FF can do it doesn't mean that WoW can do it. It is obvious you haven't raided more than LFR. What you should do is go back to reporting people because you failed in shouting them down.
    Do you believe that extreme mode in ffxiv is not on par with mythic raiding? It is surely harder than heroic raiding and ffxiv normal raird on group finder is much harder than wow lfr..

Besides that, what is the % of wow population doing hardcore mythic raiding? Should we show the middle finger to a whole game playerbase (console) for that %?

All new MMOs launch on consoles and some old ones have already ported to consoles. If wow doesn't then the reason would be the technical limitation of the engine it is built on and not the "superior" raid community..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

It's been possible to setup WoW to play with a controller for a while. I did it years ago to kill time while farming the Huolon mount. It didn't seem like a pleasant way to play but it was easier on the hands. (RSI)