Poll: Which ONE class would you pick to play for the rest of forever?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin. Human.

This was fairly easy for me since I really only have ever played 1 class. I'll stick with my mage!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have always, and will ever be a Paladin.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixon View Post
    wow you must be fun at parties....
    I am, thank you.

Shaman for me

might as well have asked everyone what they main lol

10+ Year Old Account
    DK. He's been my main since Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Have either of you ever played another MMO and had to start from scratch there? Why would a WoW2 be different?

I'm not asking in order to insult or trick. I'm genuinely curious. For someone like myself who has played pretty much every major MMO release in the past 20 odd years, I don't see starting over as that big of a deal so long as the game itself is very good.

It's incredibly interesting to me how much player investment in WoW is probably preventing Blizzard from developing another MMO instead of more expansion packs.
    As a matter of fact, I've tried playing other MMOs and that barrier of having to start over completely is what prevents me from getting very far at all. So yes, having a full reset of the game would probably cause me to quit. Blizzard is actually smart not to make a "sequel" to WoW because all they would be doing is competing with themselves. You'd just end up splitting everyone. The people who don't want to quit WoW and lose all their work and those who were willing to take the risk and jump to WoW2. They'd then have to be supporting servers for 2 entire MMOs, and hell one MMO is expensive enough as is.

Priest, probably Human. It's what I started as, and have played at least a bit each expansion. No idea why, but the class just fits my personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrosis View Post
    As a matter of fact, I've tried playing other MMOs and that barrier of having to start over completely is what prevents me from getting very far at all. So yes, having a full reset of the game would probably cause me to quit. Blizzard is actually smart not to make a "sequel" to WoW because all they would be doing is competing with themselves. You'd just end up splitting everyone. The people who don't want to quit WoW and lose all their work and those who were willing to take the risk and jump to WoW2. They'd then have to be supporting servers for 2 entire MMOs, and hell one MMO is expensive enough as is.
    Do you think you'll probably be done with MMOs entirely, whenever WoW eventually fades out?

Do you think you'll probably be done with MMOs entirely, whenever WoW eventually fades out?
    I probably would. Was never into MMOs before WoW. I honestly don't know why or how it was I ended up liking WoW as much as I did because I had never really liked multiplayer games before (or since for that matter, coop especially. Not too good socially). WoW has always been such a strange anomaly for me gaming wise. I tend to prefer single player, story focused games, yet I enjoy WoW as much as I do, especially since I don't read quest text lol.

Night Elf Druid.

Elven architecture is simple eye pleasing, music is ear-candy. And Druids are the most flexible among others. Swift ground form earlier then others. Flying earlier than others. Faster swimming + unending breath. Instant travel form cast (ground and flying - this one usable while moving). Able to harvest material in flight form, activate objectives in flight form. Can fulfill any role: melee, range, healer and tank. Can self heal while in combat, can vanish (Shadowmeld), can sneak.

Jack of all trades.

Night Elf Hunter, always.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    First and foremost, if they reset my account I'd sue them, so much time and money invested...
    I wish you best of luck with that.
    I'm always fascinated when people "invest" in WoW.

Can I ask if you've calculated the profit you've earned from this investment so far?

Have either of you ever played another MMO and had to start from scratch there? Why would a WoW2 be different?

I'm not asking in order to insult or trick. I'm genuinely curious. For someone like myself who has played pretty much every major MMO release in the past 20 odd years, I don't see starting over as that big of a deal so long as the game itself is very good.

It's incredibly interesting to me how much player investment in WoW is probably preventing Blizzard from developing another MMO instead of more expansion packs.
    I have with 4 games and quickly said screw that. The topic isn't asking about WoW2, it's WoW1 all over again. I've played ff6 repeatedly; the difference is, there are no lockouts and you don't have to use 6 characters to solo an old raid every week for 2 years to get a mount. People give you shit if you're tardy or screw up in a raid and have to grind mats beforehand. WoW is like a job that you pay Blizzard to do.

Deleted
    I will (if i am still alive when that happens), i only remain in wow because it is free for me, and because of some friends that are still around, but i will never play another MMO, not because i do not like the gameplay they provide, because i do like it a lot, but multiplayer comes with too high a price for me, i can never play when i want, and not like i want, because i need other people and i do not have any right to impose my likings to anyone.
    The moment wow is over, it is gonna be single player always, i do not care about having or not having to be connected to a server, that is the same for me, but yes, no more multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    I wish you best of luck with that.
    I'm always fascinated when people "invest" in WoW.

Can I ask if you've calculated the profit you've earned from this investment so far?
    No, but if you don't/can't see that the time and money spent in your game account(s) is a type of investment (achievement, gold, xmog even, etc), then it's pointless that you ask me and that I answer you .

No, but if you don't/can't see that the time and money spent in your game account(s) is a type of investment (achievement, gold, xmog even, etc), then it's pointless that you ask me and that I answer you .
    Altough I do agree with you that if my account would be reset I would quit playing, but you do know you are not the owner of your account right? in there Eula it states that blizzard owns it all so sueing them doesn't do much I fear (not trying to be a dick here just stating what they wrote in the agreement)

Signature made by Hinoto.

Deleted
    I surely can see time/money. But I don't see that as an investment. That would be very foolish of me and would likely make me feel very salty at some point. I count that as disposable income that has been disposed and spent.

To invest is to allocate resources in the expectation of some benefit in the future.
    I don't expect any benefits in the future. I expect some fun and light entertainment right now, otherwise I wouldn't be spending the money/time. I also understand that the money I spend now, does not guarantee or promise a return of any kind of benefit (not even fun and light entertainment) in the future and especially not with interest.

It sounds like you might be expecting something like that in your future, since you're investing and even ready to take Blizzard to court over it. What might that be? And how has it been working for you so far (in terms of invested resources vs revenue in return)?
    Last edited by mmoc0e47cbaaf5; 2017-05-23 at 02:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Warrior. Always warrior
    this

/10char