View Poll Results: What's your favorite zone?

Voters
573. This poll is closed
  • Broken Shores

83 14.49%
  • Tanaan Jungle

97 16.93%
  • Timeless Isle

393 68.59%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They all sucked ass.

Isle of Quel'Danas was the real deal, no bullshit, no forced PvP against your own faction, no RNG free welfare gear grind, just good old dailies and clear cut world pvp to take control of a spot to finish your quests.

Timeless Isle easy. Timeless Isle bought an odd Vanilla esque feeling to the game. When a rare like Huolon would spawn someone in chat would spam it, then you would proceed to see everyone stampede to that given area on their mounts.

Every mob there was an elite I believe, and they were actually real elites, as in taking on a bunch at once alone could be troublesome since they had scary mechanics. Hence why there would be farm groups to make taking them out in groups "easier". The farm groups in the Broken Shore, just allow you to take down easy mobs faster.

Notorious gankers (even from your own faction) would be well known and you'd have white knights (such as myself) that got off on trying to hunt them down. This was also before the Group Finder, were it wasn't as easy to just casually server xfer if a rival faction was giving you problems.

Tanaan....I think we were all so apathetic towards WoD at that point after no new content for so long anything would be awful. Broken Shore sucks though, it just feels like a lifeless demon slaughter fest, and it's the ugliest zone in the Broken Isles. It's a large gray slab of rock.
    Last edited by Matthias; 2017-05-23 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    *laughs in Isle of Thunder*
    Was going to say this.

IoT was amazing.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Out of those 3 definitely timeless, however Isle of Thunder was the best content isle.

I would rate it as Thunder > Timeless = Quel'Danas > Broken > Tanaan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    You didn't need quests in Timeless Isle. You just walked around fighting whoever you wanted to and it rewarded you with pretty good catch up gear. You could do it continuously for hours. And there were a few different zones to try, including elite mobs that were far harder to kill and far more rewarding.

The closest thing Broken Shore has to that is the Sentinax, but the Sentinax is stupid easy (you kill like 50 mobs a minute) and the rewards are very weak, and you're basically stuck whatever spot it sends you to.
    Didn't need quests on Timeless Isle? Since there were no quests there was nothing to do. I didn't need catch-up gear because I was already caught up. Isle of Thunder, Krasarang Wilds, Broken Shore and even Tanaan Jungle offered something for me, Timeless Isle offered nothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, Broken shore is not an endgame zone. Its a "hang around for some months till the good stuff comes".
    That's probably the reason will I find it less anoying; cos I know its not gonna last that long.
    Tanaan should've offered more. If they manage to push Argus as a step up from it, with a proper questline, its probably gonna be the best one (unless the zone is ugly as hell)
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Timeless Isle, and ONLY because of the PvP. It was also the prettiest of the three, I guess.

By far timeless isle. The sense of community when calling out rare spawns and helping kill them is lacking in the others. One of the few times when this game has felt really like an MMO. Also it's much prettier.

Deleted
    I did not vote because Quel'danas wasn't on here, that one was a prime example of how it should have been now.
    Also with some proper PvP going on, big fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    *laughs in Isle of Thunder*
    Yeah I'm with you on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Ethereals are actually animated toilet paper.

Both Tanaan, and timeless are LAST patch zones...

The broken shore isn't...

Stop comparing the 3...

And wait until 7.3...

Timless Isle, i would of voted Broken shore if not for the "Epic 12 week long" storyline we was promised being nothing but "this week do the same thing you been doing all the time the Shore has been ope "Find chests give me 1 shard, kill elites do world quests" where is the epic storyline we was promised?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    That's where we differ. I don't see the point of providing rewards to a main that's caught up and already massively outgears the zone.

I used Timeless for alts and it was great. It was hard for my item level, provided solid rewards, and eventually I surpassed it and could ignore it.
    Massively outgears the zone? When a new patch hits and includes a new zone, it shouldn't be possible to outgear it on release day as it's completely new content, it should offer something new for you to do, not just something for alts.

I especially enjoyed Isle of Thunder and Krasarang Wilds due to their lore quests, especially the Krasarang ones. At the time I thought that's how things were going to be going forward, new small pieces of lore here and there that you complete every day or so. Instead we were hit with Timeless Isle, a completely new zone with absolutely nothing to do, imagine the disappointment I felt. Yeah sure it was pretty, sure it had gear for alts, but what about those who don't play alts? We had nothing.

Even Tanaan Jungle was a disappointment in this regard, the quests contained no story, just fill this blue bar to 100 % several times over.

At least with the Broken Shore they tried to include some lore quests, the problem was that it was divided amongst all of the existing classes so unless you play alts you only experience 1/12 of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Isnt Argus supposed to be the 'timeless isle' of this xpac?
    Hahaha. We're "going to Argus" - and they never say what that means so probably not.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Timeless Isle you couldn't fly

Timeless was the bomb.

So many cool features.

Seagull taxi.

Whale hunting, Ghost ship hunting

Rare farming for Burdens

Camping Houlon

Gambling coins for Burdens

It always felt like there was something to do on Timeless Isle or in Tanaan. Broken Shore just feels empty.

yeah a better poll would have been vs Isle of Quel Danas / Isle of Thunder tbh they both had daily quests and dungeons in that area just like broken shore does. cmon bruh.

Another vote for Timeless here.

I felt like a lot more effort went into Timeless Isle in comparison to both Tanaan and Broken Shore. You had achievements to work on, neat buffs to gather (Broken Shore has some of those, but they don't seem as fun somehow), treasures to gather (that you always wanted on alts, since some guaranteed Burdens), a whole bunch of toys and pets to work on gathering, unique ways to reach places, and a few rares that were actually rare-ish. The place was also fun to explore, looked pretty, and naturally scaled in difficulty depending on what you wanted to do/what character you were on (the fire guys up top, for example).

Broken Shore has none of that, and it's just kind of faceroll everywhere. I wasn't a big fan of Tanaan, either, but honestly I'd even rank Tanaan above Broken Shore due to the fact that the area had a few different-looking locales at least.

7+ Year Old Account
    Faction on Faction violence was the height of my server in MoP lol...I think that's the most people I seen at once in one place. CHAOS! Its was beautiful Timeless Isles above all