Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Subscription for 1 month of free entertainment for the price of 2 beers.

Not enough logic, needs a 5 page thread of discussion and arguments over to decide.

Some human beings are so primitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try some other mmo (from scratch). It helps with burnout.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I have been playing WoW since early vanilla with only a few months of break per year.
    While i am not a fan of some changes that have happened to WoW since its release i am overall still a fan of the game.

In every expansion i did all the usual stuff like cleared all raids and dungeons, fought a lot in battlegrounds and arenas, grinded best-in-slot gear, completed all quests, leveled all classes to max and played every spec, explored all zones, dabbled in pet battles, all professions on maximum with all the relevant recipes, auction house stuff, world PVP, a bit of roleplaying, got all the achievements i cared about, seasonal events, timewalking...

As i am slowly nearing 30 years of age i find myself really disliking any form of "schedule" or "obligation" within a game (plenty of that IRL).
    The biggest form of that in WoW are the Guilds with all the various organized activities and raid schedules that i just don't want to participate in on a regular basis.
    Sometimes i don't mind and i would gladly team up with guild-mates, but more often than not farming AP or doing the same raid for the Nth time isn't high on my list of fun things to do in my free time - especially since i do not need any better gear since i am not actively raiding.

And to be frank i kinda did the current Raids on the difficulty i cared to do them on so i am not really keen on raiding all that much.
    The Mythic+ Dungeons with some friends or randoms are kinda fun but on their own they can't really justify a monthly subscription, unless Blizz adds many more dungeons and "modifiers" to increase variety.
    Same with PvP - it is a nice occasional activity for me but just does not warrant a monthly subscription.

So i am making this thread wishing that someone who is or has been in this kind of a situation can suggest what is there left to do in WoW for someone like me.
    People who are around 20y of age experience WoW (and everything else) a lot differently than the 30y old geezers, so i am hoping someone similar to me has found something really fun to do in WoW that i have missed (and is worth a monthly subscription).
    This is problem of all casuals. Casual means - no obligations. And many kinds of content in MMOs put obligations on you: schedule, logging in every day, doing X amount of mandatory grind, social obligations, etc. So, you try not to mess with such kinds of content, but this results in game, that isn't worth sub fee. I don't know. Adults usually switch to MOBAs. If I wouldn't hate PVP - I would switch to MOBA too. But I just hate unfair/unbalanced games and if PVP game has some depth and customization in it - it almost always has some degree of imbalance. And imbalance means mocking and scoffing, i.e. very toxic atmosphere. And I wouldn't play such game.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    And aren't you glad that the days are over where mom and dad told you what to do and you are a big boy now?
    If i had stopped aging at 25, sure XD.

Make a choice and do it. It is really the easiest way to get things done.

I have been playing WoW since early vanilla with only a few months of break per year.
    While i am not a fan of some changes that have happened to WoW since its release i am overall still a fan of the game.

In every expansion i did all the usual stuff like cleared all raids and dungeons, fought a lot in battlegrounds and arenas, grinded best-in-slot gear, completed all quests, leveled all classes to max and played every spec, explored all zones, dabbled in pet battles, all professions on maximum with all the relevant recipes, auction house stuff, world PVP, a bit of roleplaying, got all the achievements i cared about, seasonal events, timewalking...

As i am slowly nearing 30 years of age i find myself really disliking any form of "schedule" or "obligation" within a game (plenty of that IRL).
    The biggest form of that in WoW are the Guilds with all the various organized activities and raid schedules that i just don't want to participate in on a regular basis.
    Sometimes i don't mind and i would gladly team up with guild-mates, but more often than not farming AP or doing the same raid for the Nth time isn't high on my list of fun things to do in my free time - especially since i do not need any better gear since i am not actively raiding.

And to be frank i kinda did the current Raids on the difficulty i cared to do them on so i am not really keen on raiding all that much.
    The Mythic+ Dungeons with some friends or randoms are kinda fun but on their own they can't really justify a monthly subscription, unless Blizz adds many more dungeons and "modifiers" to increase variety.
    Same with PvP - it is a nice occasional activity for me but just does not warrant a monthly subscription.

So i am making this thread wishing that someone who is or has been in this kind of a situation can suggest what is there left to do in WoW for someone like me.
    People who are around 20y of age experience WoW (and everything else) a lot differently than the 30y old geezers, so i am hoping someone similar to me has found something really fun to do in WoW that i have missed (and is worth a monthly subscription).
    Can I have your gold?

P.S. Also, I didn't read your post.

I went from being a broke student who couldn't wait for school to be over to play all day, to an employed guy who only wants to play a few nights a week.

I keep playing mostly because I have friends still playing and we don't see each other as often as we used to cuz of real life responsibilities and such. But the game is still fun to me, only in small bits. I'm in a casual raiding guild, we struggle on the last bosses of each raids but we still get it done in a respectable amount of time, everybody is chill and in a similar life situation so we understand each other. No one throws a fit if you someone can't make it every now and then. Big difference to my Mythic (and what used to be heroics back then), but it's a welcome change in my life.

What you really need is not a reason to keep subbing, you just need to realize you don't need to play 30 hours a week to make your sub worth it. A WoW sub costs less than going o see a movie and buying popcorn here, 15 bucks (like 20 CND) a month is basically nothing. I'll stop paying when I stop playing, but right now I don't mind being subbed even if I don't play much. I know that if I quit for a while and eventually come back, all my stupid artifact shit will be so far behind it will make me regret taking a break (been there done that around christmas time) so I play just enough to stay relevant, doesn't take much, and I don't have time to play alts or pvp or farm gold, which is fine by me atm.

TL;DR - Just gotta find your own play style, or realize it's not for you anymore.

If you feel like you should take a break, take a break. If you feel like coming back, come back.

Quote Originally Posted by iNUKE View Post
    Subscription for 1 month of free entertainment for the price of 2 beers.

Not enough logic, needs a 5 page thread of discussion and arguments over to decide.

Some human beings are so primitive.
    This guy hit the nail with the hammer, I had a thread created a week. Ack about struggling to decide to come back or not.. anyways I re subbed and in two days have got way more out of my sub than I thought. I've been working away at nightfallen rep cap on one character and legionfall with another - I have done two mythical and a bunch of class hall farm and AP gains, 15$/month is worth a half hour at work lol - price of sub is way worth it to me until I get flying and maybe level a new 110 and take a break until TOS is released in LFR where I'll experience it

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    May i recommend you to try doomsday engine? Doom and Doom 2 are still fun to play, but i will always like heretic and hexen a bit more.
    Been playing Doom 1 and 2 on various ports, including Doomsday, for years now - from the ports that gives you the true retro feel (320x200 resolution) and the ones with new models, music etc. Even have a few good ports for Quake as well. Love it!

Honestly. play a better game i have had my first 8 months free from the game, been looking back but decided it is no longer the game i loved.

As that one existed in the past and is just replayable through private servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'm at a point where I take a break for a few months, and then come back and do the content I missed or older content I still haven't done (achievements, mounts,...). For me it's the most healthly way of playing and I feel like this way, it's worth the sub money (again, for me).

And hell, I've only been playing since WotLK. I've been doing this few months subbed, few months not subbed -thing since WoD, with the first break being at the end of MoP.
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Did you decide yet, OP?

Many would say "if you have to ask, then it is better to leave", but I will offer this:

If you can live with playing not too hard and not at the forefront (ie, not doing latest raid other than on LFR and not going for ratings in PVP), you can play pretty happily for a couple of hours per week for an eternity.

I am playing like that, it's not bad. It does feel like a waste sometimes, but the money isn't big so if you just write it off, you can have as much WoW as you want whenever you want and avoid the hassle of deciding whether you should stay in the first place. I am logging in whenever I want, this means maybe twice a week these days, doing whatever I want (mostly farming this or that, because I am a collectioner at heart) and that's about it. It seems to work in that at least I don't have the anxiety over "should I unsub" or "should I return" anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Feardotdead View Post
    FFXIV is not a bad game.

Hell I've seen people return to Runescape of all things.
    FFXIV is a great game and Runescape is actually pretty decent as well.

I say quit, you are already here to ask it, you should probably leave it at least for some time and you said subscription cost isn't small for you so it would be better if you spend it for other things or even other games. You can always come back, ap is pointless too with the changes you don't need to worry about catching up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    You obviously have Internet access because you're posting, so you do have an opportunity to make money. If you're almost 30 years old and 13 euros is still significant, I would highly suggest quitting all gaming and other time consuming frivolous activities and figure out how to make money instead. I have found a lot of enjoyment in the game from 2004 to present but I would not be playing as an adult if the subscription cost was any kind of relevant to me.
    Some eastern european countries have EXTREMELY low wages as a base. Dollar vs Euro is almost equal at the moment so i'll just say this generally:

In germany if you make minimum wage you make 8.84 an hour, in latvia? 2.19. Now their cost of living is lower but the Euro price of wow stays the same, so that's about 6 hours of work JUST to pay for wow. Now I know that's minimum wage, but any normal job isn't going to be making a whole shitton more than that, i'm guessing you're working a really really good job if you're making Germany's minimum wage.