Page 1 of 2
LastLast

When TF did Blizz start with these retarded maintenance times?

Didn't they use to start in the wee hours of the morning, sometimes maybe not even long after midnight? It seems the past 2 or 3 times i try and hop on to finish a thing or 2 before maint/server reset BOOM something starts an hour or 2 before weekly reset.

Anyone else remember when weekly maintenance was a thing? Or when maintenance would run close to noon or even into the afternoon more often than not?

We sure have it hard these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Anyone else remember when weekly maintenance was a thing? Or when maintenance would run close to noon or even into the afternoon more often than not?

And free day compensations for maintenance that took more than they hoped. Oh no... a rolling restart now is so painful...
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Remember when Maintenance took a whole day or more to finish? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinip View Post
    Didn't they use to start in the wee hours of the morning, sometimes maybe not even long after midnight? It seems the past 2 or 3 times i try and hop on to finish a thing or 2 before maint/server reset BOOM something starts an hour or 2 before weekly reset.
    You realize they're West Coast Time, right? They used to do the maintenance starting at 5am. Now it's 7am, which is a much kinder hour for IT folks.

I also think it's deliberate that it's running into reset now; they can do their restarts from 7am to 8am PDT, monitor the reset at 8am, and if there's an issue they've already scheduled an hour from 8am to 9am to resolve. If not, they can start the servers up early.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I remember having to cancel 9pm raids on Tuesdays sometimes when Blizz would really fuck over the servers. How about the time the servers were down for 3 days?

But oh no a whopping 2 hours (that half the time isn't even the full 2 hours) whatever shall I do? Surely you can't expect me to go outside or something!

Maintenance has always been morning/midday.
    Beta Club Brosquad

It usually doesn't even last the amount of time they say either. I think last week and the week before they were up early.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, you were inconvenienced for a few minutes. What a travesty. You should threaten to quit
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted

Oh, I remember.

Remember when you had to sit around and wait when you wiped on Nefarion in BWL?

Those were the days!

Jokes aside, I haven't really been inconvenienced recently by this as I play in the evening for the most part.

For along time back in vanilla/BC it was 6am EST, with the servers likely being down well past noon. If it was a patch day just go ahead and cancel your raid that night because the servers will be so unstable that half your team wont even be able to log on or stay connected. We have it really good these days but anyone who started playing after BC just doesn't know how it used to be.

I haven't noticed maintenance for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    Oh, I remember.

Remember when you had to sit around and wait when you wiped on Nefarion in BWL?

Those were the days!

Jokes aside, I haven't really been inconvenienced recently by this as I play in the evening for the most part.
    you and the majority of players IMO - its a beautiful Tuesday morning, there has to be something else to do while the servers are down for a couple hours... this gives you chance to finish your banking, paying bills, go get groceries for the next 6 days and 10 hours that the servers aren't down...

Eh, it was like that even in wrath (possibly into cata as well, can't recall) as well, pretty frequently you ended up calling a raid on patchday because it'd be laggy, unstable or buggy, or all of it. They have gotten very good indeed with how they've handled both maint and patches the last few years.

I think you really got your arse verbally handed back to you on several times because yeah maintenance nowadays is really smooth. With longer times beforehand, you even had more problems with maintenance when every Tom, Dick and Harry were trying to log in when it finished later in the day. I don't miss it at all.

95% of the time, I wake up to the last 20min of maintenance which is about the time it takes me to get ready. I never really notice it. Thank god the maintenance usually doesn't brick servers for the entire day now. hah

Deleted
    The servers were so much worse in wotlk/cata days.. days of game being down, or weekly maintinence dragging over by 10 hours.. You really gonna complain about 2 hours in the middle of the day??

Is a job not a thing anymore?

Some time around February 2005.

Back in my day servers would go down 8 hrs every tuesday. Chill brah, work out, read, buy groceries, play other games, get a life NERD! fucking loser

Deleted
    At this point if I wasn't at work and the game went into maintenance I'd rejoy... Time to play other games without feeling guilty about not grinding AP