Poll: Which legendary system is the best and why?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Poll: Which legendary system is the best and why

Which legendary system is the best and why?

IMO:

1. Vanilla because legendaries were actually legendary and very few people had those items, especially Atiesh/

2. Wrath/Cata, while it led to class imbalances, guild drama and target recruiting, it was fun having a lot of people comitting to get very few legendaries do guildmates/

3. Legion. RNG is bad, but legendary diversity is very good. Also BiS legendary are not required for anything in the game;

4. TBC. RNG sucked but rare leggos are nice.

5 MoP/WoD. Boring. Same item to everyone. Could be a gray item and no one would care,
    Last edited by Fennixx; 2017-05-23 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I exactly have a preference. Probably the Wrath/Cata style where you and your group work towards 1-2 of them designed for a specific set of classes/specs, if I had to pick.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    Didn't vote because there isn't a "none" option. I think the whole idea of Legendaries has been a shit fest since MoP with those dumbass cloaks.

Oh sorry about it. Forgot about "none" option. Granted, its a valid point.

Wrath, but I kinda.... maybe think they should/could be like our current artifact weapons. Kinda mixed with Panda/WoD... like, expansion long, each class has one, need stuff from every dungeon, every zone, every raid and then you get some big infusion at the last raid to take down big bad - that infusion is what turns it into a legendary item.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    I like the Legion version since they removed the stupid caps. If they didn't have the caps and were a bit clearer which activities can and can't reward them, then they would have been perfect. Then you could have been either very luck (get BIS early) or just have to work harder to get them (do more content to get more leggies).

Basically a bit like in real life where you also have some that just luck into everything and some that work hard to get where they are.

Of course, also just like in real life, you will then always have the whiners that want everything for free and immediately.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla, TBC, Wrath, Legion, MOP/WOD

Legendaries should be rare. I don't like that everyone has had one in the past 3 expansions. I like having things to aspire to and work for. I hate it when things are handed out.

The one that doesn't exist.

All these items do is break the game. Simply stop adding them...

Wrath/Cata. I liked the idea of a guild working together to get someone a legendary. Sure, there will always be people who create drama, but that's part of the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should make a BiS legendary using Draenor/Pandaria system for all classes, meaning like WotLK quests for specific legendary for each class but it takes as long as Draenor/Pandaria ones. Then have utility legendaries for a system like Legion.

All of them suck.

Vanilla to Cata sucked because you invested weeks/months of time and resources into 1 player. 2 weeks later said player quits the game or leaves the guild, too bad. This effectively meant that legendaries would never go to anyone who's not been in the guild for a long ass time.

MoP and WoD took the legendary from the legendaries. The items were boring and didn't really do anything. Every once in a while you pressed an extra button, grats on 10% more damage for 10 seconds, fun and engaging.

Legendaries in Legion are bullshit. Half of the legendaries are junk - if they weren't 30 ilvls higher, people prolly wouldn't even equip them. From the remaining 50% 80% are just boring stat sticks that you don't even notice - their super legendary effect is that your spell X now does Y% more damage. Ultimately you're lucky to find 1 legendary that you actually notice while playing. Sadly it's 1 out of 10 and you very well still couldn't own it by now. Also everyone carrying more legs than epics in their bags is stupid.

There's no need for legendaries if they're just high ilvl epics with x5% damage multipliers slapped on. I'd like a system where legendaries have a meaningful impact on your gameplay... and aren't locked behind RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    They should make a BiS legendary using Draenor/Pandaria system for all classes, meaning like WotLK quests for specific legendary for each class but it takes as long as Draenor/Pandaria ones. Then have utility legendaries for a system like Legion.
    Wouldnt be better if it was an epic item tho (probably like some of Deathwing`s loot, which had cool effects)? If everyone has the same legendary, how is it any different from a green, blue or purple?

But still, your idea would add some linearity for character progression, similar to how artifacts works. WOuld please those who dont like too much RNG

Deleted
    Number 5! Without a doubt!

Deleted
    rare boss drop off a boss that is hard to beat. /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    All of them suck.

Vanilla to Cata sucked because you invested weeks/months of time and resources into 1 player. 2 weeks later said player quits the game or leaves the guild, too bad. This effectively meant that legendaries would never go to anyone who's not been in the guild for a long ass time.

MoP and WoD took the legendary from the legendaries. The items were boring and didn't really do anything. Every once in a while you pressed an extra button, grats on 10% more damage for 10 seconds, fun and engaging.

Legendaries in Legion are bullshit. Half of the legendaries are junk - if they weren't 30 ilvls higher, people prolly wouldn't even equip them. From the remaining 50% 80% are just boring stat sticks that you don't even notice - their super legendary effect is that your spell X now does Y% more damage. Ultimately you're lucky to find 1 legendary that you actually notice while playing. Sadly it's 1 out of 10 and you very well still couldn't own it by now. Also everyone carrying more legs than epics in their bags is stupid.

There's no need for legendaries if they're just high ilvl epics with x5% damage multipliers slapped on. I'd like a system where legendaries have a meaningful impact on your gameplay... and aren't locked behind RNG.

Thats the hard part isn`t it? How you make something legendary w/o involving guild commitment (Vanilla to Cata) or high player time investment (Legion`s)?

Deleted
    Ideally none but if that's not possible here what i'd like in order.

1. Something that's exceedingly rare and cannot be farmed for. For example lets sometime during the expansion we get a world boss. That world boss has a .01% or other ridiculously low chance of dropping an item that starts a quest taking you through raid tiers on a Shadowmourne type quest(should be personal rather than needing the whole raid to change for your needs).

That would end up giving people that "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG" feeling while still not making it a chore since you're looking at killing a world boss once a week at most. It would also be open to everyone so it'd see some decent amount of participation.

2. The other option that i'd prefer would be a merit based one. For example the players who take part in Guldan M kills before 2000 guilds kill it per territory, ideally would be in the last tier so you don't deal with OP things throughout. Same could be done for PvP.

3. If we absolutely need legendaries keep most of the legion stuff except you get a token instead of an item which you then trade for an item of your choice(maybe add something so that you get to change your lgendary every X amount of time;easily done through raid quests as you can only do it weekly). That would fix the balance issues while allowing freedom of choice. And as you get more tokens you naturally end up in the same situation we have today where a lot of people have a good number of legendaries to chose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    rare boss drop off a boss that is hard to beat. /thread
    So,TBC* like? Both dropped from end (and actually hard) bosses.

OTOH you had guilds with 100 illidan kills and no complete Glaives, while you had guilds with less than 50 kills with 2-3 complete sets.

* Still my fav expansion but legendary system was not perfect IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    Ideally none but if that's not possible here what i'd like in order.

1. Something that's exceedingly rare and cannot be farmed for. For example lets sometime during the expansion we get a world boss. That world boss has a .01% or other ridiculously low chance of dropping an item that starts a quest taking you through raid tiers on a Shadowmourne type quest(should be personal rather than needing the whole raid to change for your needs).

That would end up giving people that "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG" feeling while still not making it a chore since you're looking at killing a world boss once a week at most. It would also be open to everyone so it'd see some decent amount of participation.

2. The other option that i'd prefer would be a merit based one. For example the players who take part in Guldan M kills before 2000 guilds kill it per territory, ideally would be in the last tier so you don't deal with OP things throughout. Same could be done for PvP.

3. If we absolutely need legendaries keep most of the legion stuff except you get a token instead of an item which you then trade for an item of your choice(maybe add something so that you get to change your lgendary every X amount of time;easily done through raid quests as you can only do it weekly). That would fix the balance issues while allowing freedom of choice. And as you get more tokens you naturally end up in the same situation we have today where a lot of people have a good number of legendaries to chose from.
    The 3 is actually interesting looking foward to next patches or expansions*. Would BiS legendaries cost more legendary tokens?

*As long tokens are rares, very rares.
    Last edited by Fennixx; 2017-05-23 at 03:47 PM.

The Vanilla system was terrible. Barely anyone had the stupid things. In Wrath it was similar but more people had them. You got boned if you weren't a 25 man raider though, even if you were doing Heroic. I was in 10 man Heroics but we struggled to recruit enough decent raiders to progress through ICC25, let alone kill LK with all the idiots we had to drag along.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Legion is in no way RNG Jesus ... if you play the game, you will get awarded for it.

It was RNG in Classic, TBC ...

Best for who? The current system is best for Blizzard and will likely continue in some variation.

The MoP/WoD system was an obvious time extending ploy but since you couldn't "instant win" probably way too many people opted out and certainly opted out on doing it on too many characters.

The fact that everyone can get legendaries in Legion is nice but it's a not very transparent ploy to generate hours of "engagement" by putting players on an endless chase as exemplified by the fact that that they are at the very end adding in one super desirable legendary that will keep people on the gerbil wheel.