Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    IMO, Destruction Discord channel is pure shitshow really, there is no even one proper Destruction main managing it and it shows with all the meme and shit like Silver and his RB obsession declaring standard Soul Conduit build as "meme" build because it did not stick to his RB fantasy (and what's worse the term stuck because of sheeples parroting it around) or Gahddo tossing bullshit bomb unchecked and having it spread like a wildfire copy paste style without ever being questioned.
    One of the reasons i hate discord in general. There's nothing good with having a single source of information, especially if "ruled" by some people and their posse. Multiple sources of theorycraft in our situation would work better.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    is destro really not in a good place? i heard it was getting a mop revamp and I had been maining aff/demo for the beginning that I thought it would be fun to go destro/demo for tos..
    Destro looks good for 7.2.5, its not in a great place on live right now though with the content severely nerfed and it not being a great spec for this tier in the first place.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    This is my problem with the sim being pinned for everyone and everyone simply claiming "it's garbage". This thing comes out on PTR notes with some stats, some talents, ran on sims under some conditions. And we still have a significant amount of tuning left. It's not even clear the ring will stick with these talents or these to the stats. Nevermind all the other numbers tuning they will inevitably do.

People seem to think you can just sim this ring in a vacuum on day one and get reliable info. I mean, sure if we were a week away from live and there was little tuning left we could have more solid numbers. But the conditions of these sims seem to me at best a shot in the dark. Maybe it will suck ass when live hits. Maybe it's going to be a freebie for new 110s and it's really horrible because it's meant to be replaced by drop legendaries. Maybe it'll be worse than the sim shows because it's a freebie. Or maybe it's going to be a legendary that functions in pvp, hence the talents (Death's embrace would make sense). I have no clue. I have no clue. And i wish more people would take this approach: Without more solid numbers and closer to live, I (we) have no clue.
    YES. THANK YOU. Finally someone says it. We can't know yet. Full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    If it was a class hall reward, don't you think you would already see the quest chain for it on the PTR? Personally, I don't think it will be either guaranteed or that it will not count towards the 2-limit. I hope that they never increase the limit to 3. Ever.
    Only reason I think it is going to be a guaranteed reward is because of the item names. They're named after class titles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Only reason I think it is going to be a guaranteed reward is because of the item names. They're named after class titles.
    So what? Did you have to kill Sephuz to get his ring? Or do a quest for Wilfred to get his? The names are just the natural progression of this class fantasy crap. They've realized that developing content for a class/spec is a waste of time, so now they try to achieve it without actually developing class-specific content. Make a ring that drops like every other legendary but name it so everyone things it is tailored to them...

Deleted
    I had to face the same decission and I decided to pick destro, here is why:
    -) Destructions has been a good choice for this tier (top guilds like Method have been using it during their world first race)
    -) The thing that made destruction good this tier is it´s kit (good dmg on priority targets, flexible talents for st/aoe) and it´s unlikely that it will be changed in the wrong way
    -) A lot of min/maxing can be done with the rotation and your cooldowns
    -) One of the bigger issues with the spec has been adressed (mastery changes made it less rng)
    -) Destruction is geting some good buffs (while affli gets nerfed) and the ring is huge (depending on the talent you are using, you will either get 10% overall or 12% st dmg buff from the talent alone)

Reasons that are against Destro:
    -) Affliction will probably stay (maybe not, I have no idea rly but since I am fine with it I am accepting the worst case scenario for now) on top in terms of pure DPS, but due to it´s high ramp up I don´t see it being as valuable
    -) If all you want is being nr. 1 in dps affliction can help you with it´s stupid padding potential
    -) That Scythe is just too cool...

In the end for me the decission was between looking good for unknowing people or being a valuable asset for my guild and I decided for the latter.

Yeah at this point I'd say just get your specs up to the first Concordance then you'll be prepared for whatever comes your way regarding balances. I love the changes to Destro so far. I want Sac back. But I doubt that's going to happen. I hate demo so i've just written that off altogether. Don't care how good it ends up being. Unless the gameplay changes, it's a no go for me; it's the most unfun spec in the entire history of locks specs in WOW. Makes me want to throw up.

But with destro and aff invested, that pretty much covers all the mechanics one could want. Demo might be ST king; but, meh. I'll settle for second tier ST dmg and fun over that POS spec. No offence to those who love demo of course

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    Yeah at this point I'd say just get your specs up to the first Concordance then you'll be prepared for whatever comes your way regarding balances. I love the changes to Destro so far. I want Sac back. But I doubt that's going to happen. I hate demo so i've just written that off altogether. Don't care how good it ends up being. Unless the gameplay changes, it's a no go for me; it's the most unfun spec in the entire history of locks specs in WOW. Makes me want to throw up.

But with destro and aff invested, that pretty much covers all the mechanics one could want. Demo might be ST king; but, meh. I'll settle for second tier ST dmg and fun over that POS spec. No offence to those who love demo of course
    Same. Got Concordance in Affliction and Destro. Now working on Demo. Also trying to fish for Ring or Shoulders, since my only good Demo legos are Feretory and Sephuz.

Dito. "Fishing" for Demo legendaries atm, got Aff/Destro both at 52, Demo at 50,5.
    I'm getting a legendary every 5-7 days right now by doing max. legendary worthy content. (w/o any m+>1 besides one for a big weekly chest)
    Only 6 legos left across all 3 specs.
    Last edited by Walrock; 2017-05-22 at 09:11 PM.

Deleted
    Affli & Destro at 52. Demo missing 300M AP for it.

All but 1 legendary (excluding the crafted crap) - the demo head.

This means: Around end of this week, I will be basically "Ready for Tomb Raiding - Warlock edition"

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Affli & Destro at 52. Demo missing 300M AP for it.

All but 1 legendary (excluding the crafted crap) - the demo head.

This means: Around end of this week, I will be basically "Ready for Tomb Raiding - Warlock edition"
    All but one? Damn you must have been lucky with the drops^^

Deleted
    It's not that much about beeing lucky. If you do all the stuff each week which has a weekly lockout your are fine and good to go to get legendarys frequently.

However if people (not saying you but a lot of my friends do it) jump around characters or only do half the stuff each week there is no reaseon to whine about not getting legendarys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    All but one? Damn you must have been lucky with the drops^^
    Yep, nothing to do with luck. Once they removed the stupid caps that they thought noone would find out about (since 7.2), it's rather easy to get one leggy per ID if not more simply by doing all of the relevant content:
    - Daily Emissary
    - All Nighthold difficulties (mythic as far as you can)
    - Nightmare Normal/Hero, Mythic if you dare to do it in a PuG. I've never been successful with that unfortunately, but got a couple of boss kills anyways
    - ToV Normal/Hero
    - Broken Isles contributions with a bit of Rare/Treasure farming in between. Potentially also the Netherdisruptor Bosses.
    - Do as many WQs as you can to get rep chests

It's a lot of work every week, so I generally don't like when people say "Ohhh, you're so lucky because you have so many leggies".

Ok that really sounds like a lot of work.
    All I do is:
    -All LFR's
    -NCH/HC/Mythic Nighthold 10/10
    -All daily Chests
    -50 Nether Disruptor bosses if up, every day
    -Daily HC every day
    -All M+0's

This leads to a legendary every 5-9 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, to be honest that's just going too crazy - all LFR and all M+0, disruptors - fuck that really and normal raids too, tbh.

But even without those legendaries pop up quite often compared to how it used to be.

Deleted
    I've had two from the Broken Shore handin chests alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    Ok that really sounds like a lot of work.
    All I do is:
    -All LFR's
    -NCH/HC/Mythic Nighthold 10/10
    -All daily Chests
    -50 Nether Disruptor bosses if up, every day
    -Daily HC every day
    -All M+0's

This leads to a legendary every 5-9 days.
    Holy crap, even that is a ton of work. I would have quit the game already if i felt the need to do all that. Yuck.

How often would you expect to see a legendary if you did this each week?

Daily emissary
    hand in one broken shore chest a day for 100 tokens
    normal NH
    heroic NH
    a few mythic +0 dungeons
    a keystone dungeon for weekly chest

seems ages between legendaries ... doesn't help I can't pick a main and bounce between characters!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    How often would you expect to see a legendary if you did this each week?

Daily emissary
    hand in one broken shore chest a day for 100 tokens
    normal NH
    heroic NH
    a few mythic +0 dungeons
    a keystone dungeon for weekly chest

seems ages between legendaries ... doesn't help I can't pick a main and bounce between characters!
    It's really RNG. Lucky assholes say every 2 weeks. For me it's taken a month or more.

I'm currently in semi-hardcore legendary farming mode because I have 3 more to pick up before ToS.

I do:

5/10 M NH, 10/10 H NH, 10/10 N NH, 10/10 LFR NH

7/7 H EN, when possible 7/7 N EN with some M EN bosses here and there

3/3 H ToV, 3/3 LFR ToV

All daily emissary caches

One or two Broken Shore caches a day

World bosses weekly

Usually between 5 and 10 M+0s a week

All invasions if they're active when I'm on for the Nethershards

I have found a legendary like clockwork every 8-10 days since I started doing this.