Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Go get gold / consumables or fancy transmog with your time before the raid

AK research done before the raid tier, is better then having it linger on for another 50 days.

I do expect a raise during another mid-tier patch (7.3) and be another 10/15 or 20 AK levels depending how much time they give it before Argus Raid opening 7.3.5.
    If concordance stays as the final version of the weapon none of that matters. It is a rotten carrot they are putting on too long of a stick.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Blizzard Bait and Switch at its finest once again. Bait and Switch has been a common practice for them since WOTLK when they announced new raids at blizzcon to get people to buy and then pulled them after launch. Its happened again and again after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    What exactly is Concordance and when/how do you achieve it? I can't seem to get an exact answer.
    It's the 52nd trait in your artifact, it gives you a (1.37 I think?) RPPM of 2000 of your primary stat. Subsequent points in it give the proc an extra 200 stat.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    Its about AP becoming obsolete before ToS opens.

With AK50 multiplier AP gains would mean something into ToS.

Its not about concordance itself but having an use to AP.

Does it make sense to anyone one of the core systems in Legion is completely obsolete before the raid even opens?

STOP SAYING ITS ABOUT CONCORDANCE PLEASE.
    More tears flowing, yet you'll still play this game. I love it
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Correct. Its a matter of WHEN and makes more sense that WHEN is close to the end of the tier instead of before it begins
    Getting Concordance makes AP obsolete on your main and could be done before 40. 40 makes AP obsolete on your character. Going to 50 would make AP useless on your whole account before 7.3 even launched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    The whole AP system is a failure in my thinking.

There is no options. You can go one router when have Concordance. No good. No freedom of choice

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, It is probably more about promoting healthier playstyles and environment than it is Concordance. But I mean if you want to keep mentioning Concordance and saying that isn't what bothers you then go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Its worse if AP items give you 0.1% progress instead of 2 or 3%.
    0.1% instead of 1.38%

IMHO, it's done to protect people from themselves, I guess, we have too many people in our community who have little to no self-control.

Does it make sense to anyone one of the core systems in Legion is completely obsolete before the raid even opens?

You wouldn't make ak 50 before tos anyway

How is it not about Concordance? A lot of people (myself included) either have 52 points or are working on the 52nd long before AK40. There's nothing else to dump points into after you get 52.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a core feature in Legion becoming obsolete. I understand your point tho, simply dont agree with it.
    I'm 110! Leveling is obsolete!!!

Continual grinding for a resource is a crap design. Blizzard should anticipate this and add other rewards to motivate people to do tings like WQs. Or... you could say to yourself "Hey, self... I don't need AP or Order Resources. I don't have to grind WQs/5 mans/ etc for them" and do something... for the fun of it.

Deleted
    These kind of whine post are sometimes hilarious. People whine about something that are obviously like who gives a shit subjects.
    I sometimes think like how perfect are these guys lives, when they have time and energy to whine about something so meaningless?
    I have so many problems in my life, that these kind of minor things in videogames have no effect.
    I don't even notice them. Didn't even realize they could be issue to someone.

It's a great change tbh. Had AK kept on scaling to 50 everything we farm right now would be completely pointless in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    You've been repeating all day how AK40 makes AP irrelevant in Tomb.. why, Please explain how AP becomes useless sooner, by us having a lower multiplier? Is your definition of AP being relevant that there's yet another AK to research?

No, most people will not have Concordance, at least not on more than 1 toon/weapon, when Tomb opens. Ya'll overestimate the average player as always.

And as I've mentioned earlier, without even more additional traits, having AK50 would seriously devolve the AP system into 1-2 hours of dungeons or whatever then you'll have absolutely nothing more to unlock than additional Concordance ranks. Is that 'keeping AP relevant'?

If 7.3 yields yet another set of new traits etc, AK50 will probably make sense. Right now, it does not, and Blizzard lowering the cap before we started getting AK40 or higher was the correct choice right now. With the current numbers, AK40 is almost too fast as well.

So again, how is additional AK research keeping AP relevant? Just because people can get another 8-10 ranks before hitting their personal ceiling? Then no thanks, I prefer to unlock a trait every few hours instead of getting everything at once.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-05-23 at 04:58 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

They just made it pointless to grind but kept it in game so people don't cry because there is nothing to grind, you aren't gonna get rewarded fot it just grind if you like grinding

"Waaah! Why can I never stop grinding!"

"Waaah! I want to keep grinding forever!"

If you were Blizzard, which cries would you listen to?

I have no problems in life, wow is probably the only thing i worry about and not even that much. Sorry that you do tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Didnt i answer this already? Higher multiplier allows ap to be more relevant tru ToS while ak40 will make us get 0.1% of a bar barely at the start of the tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends... is the grinding related to the most important feature in an expansion?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. You hit max level and now leveling (on that toon) is obsolete.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. 30% more ap every research tru ToS would make AP gains stay relevant. Then you reach ak50 and slowly start getting less and less move on that bar and then boom, new raid, new patch, artifact changes.

As it is now... boom ak40, ap bar barely moving.... ToS opens... 6 months or so of our artifact standing there with no relevancy.
    Our artifact "stood there with no relevancy" in NH too, if you ground to 54. I didn't see too many issues with that.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Enjoy your free gold for now, it will be relevant when they reset it again

Rough numbers on AP farming vs AK level:
    At AK40, a new weapon to concordance is 47 M+10 runs, to max is 18,038,389 M+10 runs.
    At AK50, new weapon to concordance is 4 M+10 runs, to max is 1,307,130 M+10 runs.
    Leveling a new weapon, or an alt's weapon, takes significantly longer, but is still doable in a week if you want to.
    Long term, you will have 1/13.8 as much AP, which is about 6.5 levels less, so your concordance proc will be worse by 1300 versatility. This is the only effect in the long run, that your concordance is 6.5 levels behind where it otherwise would have been with AK50. Farming the next level is just as easy or difficult, you can still either do it or not. Relative power between players is of course unchanged, as this affects everyone the same. Complaining about this is the same as complaining about the ilvl squish, or a hypothetical nerf to player damage by 3% and mob health by 3%. It affects nothing other than the size of the numbers you see on your screen, and it doesn't affect them very much either.

Its a core feature in Legion becoming obsolete. I understand your point tho, simply dont agree with it.
    How is that not a good thing? You want to obsess over AP? I can't wait until I'm done with AP forever.