Deleted

How did you do your prot warrior scenario?

So im currently trying the prot warrior scenario even who i have the worst legendary for it (ring) Not Sephuz. and a fury cloak

and im feeling like im just lacking healing to outheal hes dmg even with devestator spamming IP its just too much 899 ilvl fyi
    curious if anyone has done it with around my ilvl or lower and got any tips

Quote Originally Posted by Dorderi View Post
    So im currently trying the prot warrior scenario even who i have the worst legendary for it (ring) Not Sephuz. and a fury cloak

and im feeling like im just lacking healing to outheal hes dmg even with devestator spamming IP its just too much 899 ilvl fyi
    No one has done it with your gear and your legendaries, if they did they are lying.

Its super hard without the bracers..let alone 899 gear and no prot leggos.

Around your ilvl but with bracer+belt(optimally for dps) or bracer+1 can be done...also having extra HP through having more artifact traits help.

This is how I did it and worked fine to me:

Preparation:

- Versatility-oriented gear.
    - In my opinion, Shockwave > Storm bolt, because on ph2 you can stun all adds in front of you.
    - Devastator > Indomitable. You will need the extra damage.
    - Specific legendaries should be a must. Not sure of this. However, I think bracers are the best, along with belt or sephuz. Hands, shoulders, prydaz should be good choices too.
    - Bear Tartare food for extra speed.
    - On trinkets, I'd suggest something with an extra CC (Gift of Radiance for example). Other good options are Fang of Tichondrius, Skorp trinket, Grontooth.

Ph1:

- Don't stack more than 6 stacks. Spell reflect when you are away from Variss.
    - Eyes are an easy way to farm VR.
    - Try to tank adds on Variss if possible. They just die when you cleave them. Get away from Variss if you get too many stacks.
    - Don't jump near Variss (it's a free stack if you do that)
    - You can shockwave Variss and interrupt drain cast, even being outside the purple circle.
    - Infernals is just a matter of avoiding their knockback. Otherwise, just intervene/leap. Hit them whatever you can.

Ph2:

- Spell reflect TR. It's a must. Just wipe if you eat it.
    - Save leaps for avoiding green ground from Krull.
    - Keep moving in a circle pattern. This is a useful way to avoid Infernal knockbacks.
    - Delay Annihilate using orbs/shockwave/other cc as much as you can.
    - Annihilate is a blockable spell. SB or NF on it.
    - Don't let horrors hurt Velen.
    Last edited by Mysd; 2017-05-23 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorderi View Post

Are those really the only Legendaries you have access to? If so I think your screwed. It is possible without the Bracers apparently after the nerfs, but I think those that don't use them use Prydaz as a substitute, or perhaps they use Tank DPS Leggos for a burst strat.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Are those really the only Legendaries you have access to? If so I think your screwed. It is possible without the Bracers apparently after the nerfs, but I think those that don't use them use Prydaz as a substitute, or perhaps they use Tank DPS Leggos for a burst strat.
    At 904 it was doable eventually with bracers and gloves after nerfs, but by no means easy. Without this strong leggos I probably wouldn't have attempted it yet considering how much effort it would have taken to do it even if it was doable eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Delath View Post
    At 904 it was doable eventually with bracers and gloves after nerfs, but by no means easy. Without this strong leggos I probably wouldn't have attempted it yet considering how much effort it would have taken to do it even if it was doable eventually.
    Yea I didn't bother with it until I got the Bracers.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysd View Post

Preparation:

- In my opinion, Shockwave > Storm bolt, because on ph2 you can stun all adds in front of you.
    - Specific legendaries should be a must. Not sure of this. However, I think bracers are the best, along with belt or sephuz. Hands, shoulders, prydaz should be good choices too.
    - On trinkets, I'd suggest something with an extra CC (Gift of Radiance for example). Other good options are Fang of Tichondrius, Skorp trinket, Grontooth.

Ph1:

- Try to tank adds on Variss if possible. They just die when you cleave them. Get away from Variss if you get too many stacks.
    - You can shockwave Variss and interrupt drain cast, even being outside the purple circle.
    - Infernals is just a matter of avoiding their knockback. Otherwise, just intervene/leap. Hit them whatever you can.

Ph2:

- Keep moving in a circle pattern. This is a useful way to avoid Infernal knockbacks.
    Personally i think Shockwave can be a bit tricky w/ P1, it leaves less room for error, though i agree in P2 it's much better.

Another note, i used fang of tich a few times in there, even with heavy aoe it only did about 1-2M healing, which throughout the course of that fight is negligible at best, you're better off with a stat stick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaanuJaanu View Post
    No one has done it with your gear and your legendaries, if they did they are lying.

Its super hard without the bracers..let alone 899 gear and no prot leggos.

Around your ilvl but with bracer+belt(optimally for dps) or bracer+1 can be done...also having extra HP through having more artifact traits help.

Possible without bracer or prydax but hard. I did it with ilvl 899 with sephuz and walls fells

Preparation:

Ph1:

Ph2:

How much Versa is enough? I put together a set that gives me something like 13% magic dmg reduction but it just smashed my haste rating (went down to like 7% or so). Legendaries were shoulders/gloves, also have Sephuz and Walls Fell.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    How much Versa is enough? I put together a set that gives me something like 13% magic dmg reduction but it just smashed my haste rating (went down to like 7% or so). Legendaries were shoulders/gloves, also have Sephuz and Walls Fell.
    On my first attempts I went with a full haste/mastery gear but it didn't worked for me. Then, I swapped some pieces of gear, increasing my versatility and trying to keep my haste in a good % (22% haste/12% versatility aprox) and I noticed a significant difference.

In spite of my versatility increase, my health went down a lot of times, like a yo-yo, but it's a matter of getting used to it. Saving IP on mind rends and then VR eyes were my ways of quick health recovery, and orbs as well.

On Ph2 I didn't have hp issues after reflecting twisting reflections unless I stepped on Kruul's green field. That's why it's good to keep moving and saving leaps/intervenes.

About legendaries, I can't suggest something relevant cause I didn't test other leg than bracers/belt combo (and yes, they are op af). In your case, I'd use Sephuz for extra movement and gloves for damage. IMO shoulders are too redundant and Walls Fell is meh, but again they may be useful (maybe stats increase, I don't know )

On my first attempts I went with a full haste/mastery gear but it didn't worked for me. Then, I swapped some pieces of gear, increasing my versatility and trying to keep my haste in a good % (22% haste/12% versatility aprox) and I noticed a significant difference.

In spite of my versatility increase, my health went down a lot of times, like a yo-yo, but it's a matter of getting used to it. Saving IP on mind rends and then VR eyes were my ways of quick health recovery, and orbs as well.

On Ph2 I didn't have hp issues after reflecting twisting reflections unless I stepped on Kruul's green field. That's why it's good to keep moving and saving leaps/intervenes.

About legendaries, I can't suggest something relevant cause I didn't test other leg than bracers/belt combo (and yes, they are op af). In your case, I'd use Sephuz for extra movement and gloves for damage. IMO shoulders are too redundant and Walls Fell is meh, but again they may be useful (maybe stats increase, I don't know )
    Thanks, next time it's up I'll switch some pieces and give it a try.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Pray to RNJesus that Velen doesn't spawn all 3 orbs on top of eachother.

Had that happen to me numerous times

Deleted
    I did it with 910 ilvl 42 traits and beein not beeing a good prot warrior at all, i litterly just played prot to get all 3 challanges done.

Consumables where the same anybody else is using, same goes for talents.

Legis : Bracers and Sephuz.
    Trinkets : 875 Arcano, 925 Foci

For p1 i always took as much stacks as possible and then leaped out of range of Varis after he stoped casting i walked into cast range again so he starts casting mind rend then i zoned out of range again till stacks droped. This does not always work depending on where eyes spawn. but for me this strategy worked out best.

p2. i made sure to spellreflect twisted reflection. and heroic leap to jump out ot the nether stomps. When he started casting annihilate i stuned him with shockwave just befor the cast went thru. i had 2 orbs at that point which i used to delay his first annihilate as long as possible. his first cast eventually came thru and i blocked the damage with IP/Shield block. My goal was to delay the first cast as long as possible so the others would be delayed as well. i did the same with the second annihilate first shockwave then 1 orb. when the cast came thru used nelt + IP. He was dead befor the 3th cast but i could hav surived that one with last stand+shield block. also that one could be delayed as well by 1 shockwave and 1 orb.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxytraz View Post
    I did it with 910 ilvl 42 traits and beein not beeing a good prot warrior at all, i litterly just played prot to get all 3 challanges done.

Consumables where the same anybody else is using, same goes for talents.

Legis : Bracers and Sephuz.
    Trinkets : 875 Arcano, 925 Foci

For p1 i always took as much stacks as possible and then leaped out of range of Varis after he stoped casting i walked into cast range again so he starts casting mind rend then i zoned out of range again till stacks droped. This does not always work depending on where eyes spawn. but for me this strategy worked out best.

p2. i made sure to spellreflect twisted reflection. and heroic leap to jump out ot the nether stomps. When he started casting annihilate i stuned him with shockwave just befor the cast went thru. i had 2 orbs at that point which i used to delay his first annihilate as long as possible. his first cast eventually came thru and i blocked the damage with IP/Shield block. My goal was to delay the first cast as long as possible so the others would be delayed as well. i did the same with the second annihilate first shockwave then 1 orb. when the cast came thru used nelt + IP. He was dead befor the 3th cast but i could hav surived that one with last stand+shield block. also that one could be delayed as well by 1 shockwave and 1 orb.
    Wait, you can play prot in the arms and fury challenges? Did I read you right? I'm confused because you made it sound like you're not a great prot warrior but used it in all 3 challenges anyways.

Thanks

Deleted
    No you cant i just had the arms and fury challange already done. and i wanted the prot one as well but given that i dont ever play prot it was quite hard for me even thought i got high ilvl and bracers

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxytraz View Post
    No you cant i just had the arms and fury challange already done. and i wanted the prot one as well but given that i dont ever play prot it was quite hard for me even thought i got high ilvl and bracers
    Ohh, i reread what you said and it makes sense now, lol sorry, but hey, at least you got em all done!

It may be obvious, but I feel something that might be overlooked is to constantly be mobile throughout the fight.