Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Do you want them to adapt as in adopt some culture or do you want them to just get rid of their culture entirely? For instance does arabic culture clash with european culture? Does doing the Dabke somehow reuin european culture?
    No one saying to rid of their entire cultural identity. But refusing to accept western democracy is a non starter, because I refuse to give up on the idea of western democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Adapt to the societies culture that they reside in so they no longer clash with them.
    How can they not clash? I mean for some simply wearing a hijab is an affront to their culture magically... only eastern european women are allowed to wear head coverings if a middle eastern woman does it... oh no no that's horrible.

Need to wipe these people from the earth before they take more lives, sacrifice must be made - a purge if you will.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-05-23 at 06:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Yeah. Some of the Paris attackers entered europe as refugees again after their syria terrorist training and the terror attacks in germany recently were all done by refugees (+hundreds cases of refugees getting arrested for plotting terror attacks around europe, would take 3 weeks to list them all).

But in Uk its mostly homegrown afaik as they dont take much refugees.
    The actual ones that carry out the terror attacks are usually home grown, 2nd or 3rd generation. It needs to be found out why so many young muslims hold such extreme views considering they have been brought up and live in the UK, until we address how so many are being radicalised or its just going to continue and get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Care to guess which ones' governments we've deposed?
    Not relevant as I have said because enough time has passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    How about banning islam? Seems we're willing to do everything but addressing the very elephant in the room.
    FTR, from Queen Elisabeth to Queen Victoria, the UK did their upmost to ban another religion, an evil religion with people adverse to British values-catholicism. It involved enslavement, pogroms, massacres, deportations and refugees in staggering numbers for the population numbers.

It did not worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigenari View Post
    You know that individuals aren't ambassadors for their culture or nationality, right? If that were true, anyone from your culture would be a racist asshole. It's ok though, I'm tolerant enough to know that's just you.
    When have I ever said anything else?

What does racism have to do with culture clashes and wanting people to adapt to their host countries culture to avoid said clashes?

Deleted
    The man who murdered 22 people and injured 59 others has been named as Salman Ramadan Abedi, a Mancunian of Libyan descent.

Police confirmed the 22-year-old’s identity after officials in the United States passed it to news reporters, apparently against the wishes of the police and security services in the UK.

Salman Abedi is thought to have been known to both the police and the security services.

Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    Need to wipe these people from the earth before they take more lives, sacrifice must be made - a purge if you will.
    Yes, yes, yes. ''Purging'' as in safely killing those dirty brown people from above.

Except that, the purge have been pre-empted in this case-the UK have already bombed the country of origin of the terrorist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you want them to adapt as in adopt some culture or do you want them to just get rid of their culture entirely? For instance does arabic culture clash with european culture? Does doing the Dabke somehow reuin european culture?
    Yeah it does ruin European culture. It replaces European enlightenment ideals with illiberal ideas.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Not relevant as I have said because enough time has passed.
    Oh, ok, you win then. I guess 30 years or less is enough time to rebuild a country while the one that wrecked it in the first place still has their fingers in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Uhm, considering less people in europe die to terror attacks still than 20 years ago, i can't see your point.
    Not to multiple international attacks from the same ideology consistently. Sure, you had the IRA, Basque crazies, West German Commie crazies etc, but their causes were much more localised.

And, these groups were named, a label and doctrine was attributed to them which could then be acknowledged and then defeated (admittedly this sometimes involved military occupations (IRA)...).
    Last edited by Thalassian Bob; 2017-05-23 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    things should be done to attack the root of the problem then (why 2nd or 3rd generations are being radicalized), it may be an economical problem, or may be a religious one
    Its not economical, or we'd be seeing far more non islamic terrorism in the UK

How can they not clash? I mean for some simply wearing a hijab is an affront to their culture magically... only eastern european women are allowed to wear head coverings if a middle eastern woman does it... oh no no that's horrible.
    I don't really care in what way they clash. If there are clashes then the onus is on those who are coming in from the outside to change their ways, not those who are there already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    The actual ones that carry out the terror attacks are usually home grown, 2nd or 3rd generation. It needs to be found out why so many young muslims hold such extreme views considering they have been brought up and live in the UK, until we address how so many are being radicalised or its just going to continue and get worse.
    It's because extreme ideologies are being taught to them in their homes. Look at what refugees in Europe are doing... Look at Sweden, Look at parts of Germany. They are being taught to go somewhere, and force them to accept your culture so you don't have to assimilate. Young people like to one-up their elders.. and so, yeah.

Another example can be seen in the US. Look at Immigrants who came and had children here. Now, in this case.. the Children, who were brought up in American schools, speak english for 7hrs a day.. But they go home and speak native language (in the majority of cases, this tends to be spanish(or associated) languages). They do this because their elders do not speak, and never learned to speak English. Now you might use this as a finger-point moment of "Its always about language with you guys" ... It's more that language is a part of culture and part of participating in teh culture.
    Last edited by bowchikabow; 2017-05-23 at 05:24 PM.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    The man who murdered 22 people and injured 59 others has been named as Salman Ramadan Abedi, a Mancunian of Libyan descent.

Police confirmed the 22-year-old’s identity after officials in the United States passed it to news reporters, apparently against the wishes of the police and security services in the UK.

Salman Abedi is thought to have been known to both the police and the security services.
    The whole leaking intel thing over there seems to be catching.

Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    hey, i almost cut myself with that much edge!
    now, in reality, wanting to genocide an entire religious group is not only barbaric, but stupidly ineffective to achieve the goal of peace in the west
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post

These people always seem to be someone that was known to police and security services, how does someone that is known to them manage to carry out an attack like this?
    Also fuck those people passing the name to the press against the wishes of the security services, it may have been important to keep his name from the public while they investigate something.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    I think the problem is the communities that form their own bubbles and refuse to integrate. When people form such insulated bubbles they become tribal and visceral to anyone outsiders trying to disturb their own bubble utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Yeah it does ruin European culture. It replacements European enlightenment ideals with illiberal ideas.
    Of course. That's what ruined Europe culture. Not people brainwashed into believing that French, Russian and Italians were racially inferior to pure Germans (and vice-versa) which caused million upon millions of deaths of white people and ruined those countries. It's the MUSLIMS ! (That were brought in Europe in the first place to replace generations lost because of Germans, French, Italians, Austrian, Russian quarrels ...)