Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The UN doesnt make our laws, nor do we have to follow any of their "rules". And it doesnt cost more than $1000.00 for a plane ticket to any country they came from
    The core of UN laws is based on Sumaritan, Christian -Judeo, and Cyrus the Great's laws. Which not surprisingly is the basis of American laws. We can sit here and mince the differences between common law and civil law.

What you are advocating for President Eisenhower tried and it was a disaster. That is why even Regean tried a completely different approach to tackling the issue.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2017-05-23 at 04:30 PM.

Is that $400 billion because the hospital wants to charge $25'000 per MRI scan or ya'know the actual cost of the services?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    Is that $400 billion because the hospital wants to charge $25'000 per MRI scan or ya'know the actual cost of the services?
    Well the starting point is to take away one of the crutches hospitals use and that is the absurd costs of ER care. But hospitals have a legit gripe for having to take the burden of costs for illegal immigrants when it should be the burden on the entire society.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Well the starting point is to take away one of the crutches hospitals use and that is the absurd costs of ER care. But hospitals have a legit gripe for having to take the burden of costs for illegal immigrants when it should be the burden on the entire society.
    Agreed, but a single payer system should be non-profit not the tax payer picking up the tab for for-profit hospitals.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Sounds like a person that has no idea how a "single-payer" system even works.

- - - Updated - - -

If California does successfully implement this program it will cause the largest brain drains from midwestern and southern states, creating an even more desperate and impoverished life for the people in those areas. California, before any type of QoL increase like state mandated health care, is leaps and bounds ahead of other states, this would solidify an absolute advantage that no conservative ideology nor politician yapping about tax cuts and "choice" memes to keep the best people in their states.
    O'rly? Can you please take back all the liberal Cali transplants currently invading Texas then please? I would appreciate it so that the housing market stops going through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I honestly don't know if this will work, a big portion of how to make single payer healthcare work is to reform prices. I doubt one state has enough power to force hospitals, big pharma and insurance companies to stop price gouging in the US. I am afraid people will look at this if it fails and say single payer does not work but without pricing power this is probably doomed to fail.
    California is a big market, somewhere around 15% of the population of the US. Changes there already have positive impacts across the country. I.e. emission standards, California has the strictest of all 50 states, and car manufacturers will make all cars to be sold in America up to those standards, so they don't have to make two versions. Now that isn't to say that hospitals and pharma companies won't try to gouge the state, but it is a massive market, and California would have a lot of power. They'd likely take a hit on their profit margins to make some money in the state, instead of throwing out all that potential revenue. Remember California is larger in population than Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Nordic countries, many countries in Europe, all which have successful health systems.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Tehshocka View Post
    O'rly? Can you please take back all the liberal Cali transplants currently invading Texas then please? I would appreciate it so that the housing market stops going through the roof.
    I assume its the Texans selling the houses in the first place, but blame the buyers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    Just another reason for Oregonians to just kick it over. Or better yet, vote to reduce PERS payouts
    Yeah right, the public unions are all powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Invading Texas lol... you mean Austin?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    I assume its the Texans selling the houses in the first place, but blame the buyers.
    Our prices are naturally lower due to sheer size and relatively cheap labor. You have folks selling their shanty homes in CA for 900k and buying McMansions here for 750k. Of course people who are in the market to sell their home and make OVER list price are going to do that. However, you now have an artificial bubble in play that won't pop for a long time.

Go to Austin, pleaase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Invading Texas lol... you mean Austin?
    DFW has had a large influx of CA residents as well. We just have a lot of old money to keep these folks at bay.

10+ Year Old Account
    DFW has had a large influx of CA residents as well. We just have a lot of old money to keep these folks at bay.
    Just keep em confined to Austin then lol I love the city but I'd never live there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    And youll wait weeks for services because all of the illegal aliens will now be able to make appointments at the doctor offices. Flooding the market with more customers without drastically increasing staff and office space leads to significantly worse care for everyone other than the people who had no insurance before
    "Flooding"... There are 2 million illegals in California and I would wager a good portion of them already see these doctors when they need to and pay for it in cash (seeing a GP is not that expensive, its like $100)...

You act like they would be doubling their fucking capacity or something... Even if you assume an absolute worse case scenario where EVERY SINGLE illegal immigrant in California has never been to the doctor and all of the sudden decides to go the first year of this single payer system... That is a 5% increase.

5%.

I know you are disgusted by brown people, but that's no reason to go full retard with your hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Just keep em confined to Austin then lol I love the city but I'd never live there
    The starbucks drinking, skinny jean wearing, special hipster people keep moving like fire ants as they gentrify the area down there. I had a friend turn down a job there to stay here in Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    gee i wonder why supertony is bitching about healthcare costs and illegal immigrants? tell us supertony what is your real agenda behind this obvious attempt at painting single payer as bad for the country.
    By my definition it is bad for the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Yeah right, the public unions are all powerful.
    Oh unions, how wonderful they are...

Sorry but if voters vote otherwise (such as putting caps on retirement) then the unions can't really do shit other than sue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Because it is cheaper to include illegal immigrants than to exclude them and have them show up at emergency rooms driving up costs for US citizens. This is why Texas and California ERs are always strained.

California is trying something that is very bold given that not even Canada faces such logistics. If California can pull it off then it would be a huge win for not only universal single payer healthcare for other US states to copy but also other countries as they see increasing populations.
    So, US citizens listen up. If you live in Nevada, Oregon, Arizona... any of those states near California, when you have an ailment just go use California ERs, provide no documentation to your identity. Free healthcare!

Soon, we will see states near California acting like Mexico where they encourage their citizens to take advantage of others who want to pay your bills!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    "Flooding"... There are 2 million illegals in California and I would wager a good portion of them already see these doctors when they need to and pay for it in cash (seeing a GP is not that expensive, its like $100)...

You act like they would be doubling their fucking capacity or something... Even if you assume an absolute worse case scenario where EVERY SINGLE illegal immigrant in California has never been to the doctor and all of the sudden decides to go the first year of this single payer system... That is a 5% increase.

5%.

I know you are disgusted by brown people, but that's no reason to go full retard with your hyperbole.
    I thought that the big talking point of liberals was that people without insurance (illegals are a part of this) are using the ER for standard healthcare, instead of making appointments because they don't have insurance, and then not paying the bill. Are you not of that feeling? Was that really just a hoax talking point?

Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    Because your healthcare system is essentially run by the insurance companies. Until there was a will to change that, the system simply cannot be fixed.
    You got to break the back of the insurance lobby and pharmaceutical lobby machine to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    So, US citizens listen up. If you live in Nevada, Oregon, Arizona... any of those states near California, when you have an ailment just go use California ERs, provide no documentation to your identity. Free healthcare!

Soon, we will see states near California acting like Mexico where they encourage their citizens to take advantage of others who want to pay your bills!

- - - Updated - - -

I thought that the big talking point of liberals was that people without insurance (illegals are a part of this) are using the ER for standard healthcare, instead of making appointments because they don't have insurance, and then not paying the bill. Are you not of that feeling? Was that really just a hoax talking point?
    This already happens when senior US citizens cross the Canadian border and raid Canadian drug stores.

All it means is that the system has to change. So, if California succeeds that is a template for other states to follow. That is how Canadian healthcare system started.

If it fails it means it can not be scaled out to a larger population than California, but still offers valuable insight in cost controls for drugs, hospitals and insurers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I mean, unless you live right on the border, that's going to be really inconvenient just to save a few bucks on your copay. You may even lose money overall once you factor in gas, to say nothing of the time.
    An ER visit is $4,000.00 here. A few bucks on your copay, unless you don't have insurance. Then the drive is worth it.

http://mattbruenig.com/2017/05/22/ca...le-payer-plan/

After the implementation of single payer, the report says, health expenditures in the state of California would total $400 billion per year, or 15 percent of the state’s GDP. This is 3 percentage points lower than the share of GDP the US overall spends on health care.