Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    out of couriousity; what is that rogue castsequence macro? ;]
    If it is something like the castsequence macro for monks (ww) that was explained in the monk forums, it is a horror.
    It was a castsequence for doing all the monk rotation pressing just one button, and even Babylonious said it worked pretty well, as i said the horror, i am not even remotely interested in playing this game like that.

people that play many characters of same class
    Why would anyone do that?

floored that people run out of macro space X.X but then again i know people that gasp that i still run low on bag space so guess it works out XD
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Why would anyone do that?
    might not be the case in legion but A LOT of people playing PvP as well as top raiders, now a days probably not as much but still

might not be the case in legion but A LOT of people playing PvP as well as top raiders, now a days probably not as much but still
    Still doesn't explain WHY people would do that. Last time I heard of this was during vanilla cuz people enjoyed more than one spec and there was no dual spec and paying to respec everytime was total shit broken game design.

But ever since dual spec, I completely fail to see why anyone would play 2 toons of the same class.

How do people have so many macros, PVP? I have 1 on each char and it's to pop all my CD's that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    But ever since dual spec, I completely fail to see why anyone would play 2 toons of the same class.
    people could enjoy both factions, for instance by brother used to play both horde and ally druid, horde one was just an alt so he could play with friends
    Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    How do people have so many macros, PVP? I have 1 on each char and it's to pop all my CD's that's it.
    read what i have just wrote up there

10+ Year Old Account
    out of couriousity; what is that rogue castsequence macro? ;]
    In all honesty, I'd prefer too to have a WoW without macros and addons, bad part of that is that I'd also like it being tailored... towards ME, chances are some people would NOT like UI the way I like and vice versa.
    Macros and AddOns allow for great level of customization, unachieveable in any other way and means.
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=14 Shadow Blades, Garrote, Cheap Shot, Eviscerate, Marked For Death, Eviscerate, Shadow Dance, Ambush, Premeditation, Eviscerate, Cheap Shot, Eviscerate, Ambush

one of the ones i used back in WoD have not played my rogue this Xpack but all you had to do is press 1111111111111111 as fast fast as you can

I just want to weigh in here in support of more macro space. I'm a bit of a tinkerer, so I like to know silly things like "what's my current speed?" or "how am I progressing on unlocking my hidden artifact?" and I store those script commands in a macro that queries the value and outputs it to my chat log. I also use utility things, like "Check for these four NPCs" or "Count how many enemy health bars are on-screen." These are just small things that I'm curious to know, but don't want the overhead of installing and running an addon to be able to access -- especially when this info is already available through the base game.

I don't feel that this kind of thing is cheating or even out of line with the intended use of a macro. I'm very rapidly running out of macro space, and I'm concerned that I will eventually have to get rid of some of my favorite fun macros to make space for more important ones like my macro that casts Tricks of the Trade on my focus target.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=14 Shadow Blades, Garrote, Cheap Shot, Eviscerate, Marked For Death, Eviscerate, Shadow Dance, Ambush, Premeditation, Eviscerate, Cheap Shot, Eviscerate, Ambush

one of the ones i used back in WoD have not played my rogue this Xpack but all you had to do is press 1111111111111111 as fast fast as you can
    can't really tell if this even has a chance to work but even if so (still don't believe it would be any optimal) it has more to do with lacking class/spec design than macros themselves

10+ Year Old Account
    can't really tell if this even has a chance to work but even if so (still don't believe it would be any optimal) it has more to do with lacking class/spec design than macros themselves
    It work just fine out in the world and for ganking fools would kill them in no time and yes one button no skill macro.

It work just fine out in the world
    stopped reading here, srsly you complain that some retarded castsequence macro "works" in wPvP??? OF ALL THINGS...???!???! i could write simmilar macro for feral an mm hunter, and yes it would work... "just fine", not because macros break game but simply because wPvP is broken to the hell and back and basically anything possesing enough burst can kill most enemies by blindly spamming 12321323214411243... or making a castsequence macro

The argument that unlimited-length macros would replace addons is ridiculous. Macros are extremely restricted in what they can do.

As for why people need a bunch of macros, personally I use them to save keybinds. For example, on all my characters I have the 1 key bound to a macro that will heal me with ALT pressed, and otherwise use my most-common damage ability. I do that for most buttons. Q is always AE, but some classes have multiple AE abilities that can be macroed together. F is always movement, but some specs have multiple movement abilities so I mod one of them with ALT key. Very helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    stopped reading here, srsly you complain that some retarded castsequence macro "works" in wPvP??? OF ALL THINGS...???!???! i could write simmilar macro for feral an mm hunter, and yes it would work... "just fine", not because macros break game but simply because wPvP is broken to the hell and back and basically anything possesing enough burst can kill most enemies by blindly spamming 12321323214411243... or making a castsequence macro
    They stun locked the whole damn time they could not escape half the time they where over half way dead before i would even come out of stealth in WoD you did not play much PvP then WoW PvP now in Legion is Crap and even used it in arenas 2v2s worked good for burst. Worked real good on a healer and if they pealed one of you and he trinkets hes back stunned and then dead in WOD. It worked great in BGs when you had to solo guard protecting nods or even flag carriers, people cruising by it worked great and thats just one rogue macro there are lots more even now back in WoTLK used one macro to dump threat onto the tanks and increased your DPS. All im saying is with macros there is no room for you to mess up it makes things to easy in all forms of the game.

when you say stop reading right here means that if you ignore the truth it will change the facts.
    Last edited by Starscream101; 2017-05-25 at 11:18 PM.

Might as well disable those gaming mice, because all those keybinds give an unfair advantage. Make everyone use keyboard turning, too.

Obviously, I'm not serious.

A good player can eke out better play with macros. A poor player won't get as much benefit. Likewise with gaming mice. (E.g., me, I'd still be barely average with a $200 mouse.)

The situation mentioned (open world, 1v1) is situational. It wouldn't help in a raid or a battleground. And a top player would likely beat a good player with one button macros.

when you say stop reading right here means that if you ignore the truth it will change the facts.
    duuude... I don't see any "truth" just like.... your opinions man... and half of the time you complain about PvP balance the other half about rogues using trick of the trades with focus macro, just as PragmaticGamer have said, let's get back to keyboardturning and clicking as well if focus macros are too much "automation"