Page 80 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My thoughts and prayers are with <Insert most recent terrorist attack>

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    They motivate people.

So far, issues aren't tackled at all. I'll cite what Morrissey said instead:

Theresa May says such attacks ‘will not break us’, but her own life is lived in a bullet-proof bubble, and she evidently does not need to identify any young people today in Manchester morgues. Also, ‘will not break us’ means that the tragedy will not break her, or her policies on immigration. The young people of Manchester are already broken – thanks all the same, Theresa. Sadiq Khan says ‘London is united with Manchester’, but he does not condemn Islamic State – who have claimed responsibility for the bomb. The Queen receives absurd praise for her ‘strong words’ against the attack, yet she does not cancel today’s garden party at Buckingham Palace – for which no criticism is allowed in the Britain of free press. Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says the attack is the work of an ‘extremist’. An extreme what? An extreme rabbit?”

In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private. Politicians tell us they are unafraid, but they are never the victims. How easy to be unafraid when one is protected from the line of fire. The people have no such protections.
    You're completely full of shit if you think Manchester has been broken by this attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    "Racism" as a term has expanded to include prejudice against people for reasons including race, ethnicity, nationality and religion.
    So it's a bastardization of language then?
    Last edited by Elerubard; 2017-05-23 at 09:01 PM.

Deleted
    So in your mind being against killing is enough to make someone "guilty?"
    You were the one who said it would lead to a cycle of violence - I don't mind killing the current crop of violent islamists, and anyone who then feels inspired to become a violent islamist -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Bastardization of language isn't a real thing.
    Course it's not, the meaning of words never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    They motivate people.

So far, issues aren't tackled at all. I'll cite what Morrissey said instead:

Theresa May says such attacks ‘will not break us’, but her own life is lived in a bullet-proof bubble, and she evidently does not need to identify any young people today in Manchester morgues. Also, ‘will not break us’ means that the tragedy will not break her, or her policies on immigration. The young people of Manchester are already broken – thanks all the same, Theresa. Sadiq Khan says ‘London is united with Manchester’, but he does not condemn Islamic State – who have claimed responsibility for the bomb. The Queen receives absurd praise for her ‘strong words’ against the attack, yet she does not cancel today’s garden party at Buckingham Palace – for which no criticism is allowed in the Britain of free press. Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says the attack is the work of an ‘extremist’. An extreme what? An extreme rabbit?”

In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private. Politicians tell us they are unafraid, but they are never the victims. How easy to be unafraid when one is protected from the line of fire. The people have no such protections.
    Ugh, Sadiq Khan. How dhimmified is the UK to allow such a person to become mayor of its greatest city :/

It fills me with fear and hope in equal measures that this will not go on forever. I am little in doubt that Europe is headed to war again soon, perhaps in the decade to come. We will not play the roles as lambs to the slaughter for all eternity, as the likes of Theresa May, Macron, Merkel and Sadiq Khan command us to. The backlash is coming, and the further it is delayed, all the more terrible and forceful will it be once it arrives in earnest. Suppressed wrath rarely wears off. I have to believe it, because status quo is unacceptable to me. I refuse to believe that salafists can attack our music, our sites of heritage and even our children, with impunity for all time. I must believe the bill will come to them, and all who in any way support or harbor their ideas.
    And by "paying the bill", I do, of course, mean their lives.
    Last edited by Pengekaer; 2017-05-23 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    I mean, it would be great to let them stay in their countries and kill each other, which they are more than capable of. But the western world is obsessed with bring people from these countries into their own nations, which leads to a ton of problems. Advocated them dealing with themselves is fine, but it order to do that, we would effectively have to restrict travel to and from those parts of the world, lest them come fuck with us, like they are now. Its a total quagmire, there is almost no correct answer besides going 100% isolationist and not accepting any immigration, and not allowing any travel from foreigners, which will never happen.
    I don't know if I'd call the west obsessed just left with no other choice given no other counties in the ME want to take any in so they funnel them into Europe. I mean do you clowns keep forgetting this refugee crisis is a direct effect from the US going into Iraq? also no advocating they deal with it themselves is to STOP GIVING THEM WEAPONS AND DESTABILIZING THEIR COUNTRIES. also gud luck with that travel ban Donny boy, it's working out great so far, huh?

7+ Year Old Account
    The UK terror threat level has been raised to the highest level of "critical", meaning further attacks may be imminent, Theresa May has said.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40023488

Quote Originally Posted by Elerubard View Post
    So it's a bastardization of language then? Overusing a word diminishes its power.
    More "evolution" than "bastardisation" but basically yeah, that's how language works.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    You were the one who said it would lead to a cycle of violence - I don't mind killing the current crop of violent islamists, and anyone who then feels inspired to become a violent islamist -
    So like I said, you're on the side of killing people even if it leads to more violence and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengekaer View Post
    Ugh, Sadiq Khan. How dhimmified is the UK to allow such a person to become mayor of its greatest city :/
    Zac Goldsmith was a total fool, he made all the wrong speeches and made it feel like he never wanted the job and practically gifted Khan the position.

Deleted
    So like I said, you're on the side of killing people even if it leads to more violence and death.
    I don't particularly value the live of violent islamists.
    To put it into your parlance, They aren't people to me - They are rabid dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    Zac Goldsmith was a total fool, he made all the wrong speeches and made it feel like he never wanted the job and practically gifted Khan the position.
    Would one rather have a blasted fool or a salafist in charge of a city? I would choose the former. Any day.

It is not testament to the collective wisdom of the british people that they appearantly wanted the latter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I mean do you clowns keep forgetting this refugee crisis is a direct effect from the US going into Iraq?
    No, a Mid East person being violent is their own choice. If an ISIS fighter kills a Shia civilian the ISIS fighter is responsible.

I don't know if I'd call the west obsessed just left with no other choice given no other counties in the ME want to take any in so they funnel them into Europe. I mean do you clowns keep forgetting this refugee crisis is a direct effect from the US going into Iraq? also no advocating they deal with it themselves is to STOP GIVING THEM WEAPONS AND DESTABILIZING THEIR COUNTRIES. also gud luck with that travel ban Donny boy, it's working out great so far, huh?
    Rich arab countries don't want to take them in knowing it would destabilize their own countries but this is a good idea for Europe?

There is no easy answers, but the process and vetting of refugees must improve. Radicalization of youth is happening in my opinion because unemployment is making many youth to turn to violence as a way to make themselves feel important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Rich arab countries don't want to take them in knowing it would destabilize their own countries but this is a good idea for Europe?

There is no easy answers, but the process and vetting of refugees must improve. Radicalization of youth is happening in my opinion because unemployment is making many youth to turn to violence as a way to make themselves feel important.
    Don't let them in.
    That's an easy answer.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    No, a Mid East person being violent is their own choice. If an ISIS fighter kills a Shia civilian the ISIS fighter is responsible.
    I get your shtick is to deliberately misinterpret what people are saying but this is such a sad example from you.

7+ Year Old Account
    I get your shtick is to deliberately misinterpret what people are saying but this is such a sad example from you.
    Sorry but the US isn't forcing ISIS to go on a rampage, they are doing it of their own volition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    you don't think it's by design that SA helps destabilize the region and then pushes the refugees off onto someone else while feeding them Wahhabist propaganda? and no I don't think throwing the doors open for millions of people to rush in is a good idea in any situation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Stalin did that in the former Soviet Union and "disappeared" people by the tens of millions.
    I find it sad that atheists refuse to acknowledge this shitty bit of history. Otherwise they'd learn that you can't kill an idea or belief.

Lot of images floating around...
    DUDE!! Move on. That happened almost 100 years ago. Your logic justifies the witch-hunting. Because something happened in the past, it doesn't mean that it should be repeated nowadays. The fact is that muslims are in their dark ages right now, but they affect far more people than the european dark-age.