Page 81 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    you don't think it's by design that SA helps destabilize the region and then pushes the refugees off onto someone else while feeding them Wahhabist propaganda? and no I don't think throwing the doors open for millions of people to rush in is a good idea in any situation.
    They are known for their proxy wars so that wouldn't surprise me as this idea has been tossed around the last few years. But it is clear that the West is moving away from them which is why fracking has undercut their grip on western policy.

I get your shtick is to deliberately misinterpret what people are saying but this is such a sad example from you.
    Seems like you are attempting to rationalize terrorism by blaming it on the United States. Of course, the end result of your reasoning isn't that we shouldn't engage in wars, since wars are inevitable. The end result of your reasoning is that when war is waged against cultures that engage in terrorism, it should be a complete war of annihilation with the intention of eradicating the population of the enemy so that there cannot be further terrorism in the future.

Of course, it makes sense that if you are fighting an enemy with a mindset stuck 800 years in the past, modern doctrines of 'war crimes' and 'crimes against humanity' might have to be tossed out the window.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Sorry but the US isn't forcing ISIS to go on a rampage, they are doing it of their own volition.
    doubling down on the dishonesty doesn't make you look less dishonest. maybe if you try a third time it'll work or just assume me, who knows?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Seems like you are attempting to rationalize terrorism by blaming it on the United States. Of course, the end result of your reasoning isn't that we shouldn't engage in wars, since wars are inevitable. The end result of your reasoning is that when war is waged against cultures that engage in terrorism, it should be a complete war of annihilation with the intention of eradicating the population of the enemy so that there cannot be further terrorism in the future.

Of course, it makes sense that if you are fighting an enemy with a mindset stuck 800 years in the past, modern doctrines of 'war crimes' and 'crimes against humanity' might have to be tossed out the window.
    Easy to say when you're not the one pulling the trigger. Yes yes "I would" blah blah, but you won't be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Yes, importing and being tolerant towards a culture that does not believe in tolerance itself is dangerous.

That being said, I don't think unleashing security on a person that is "nervously fiddling with a bag" is the right thing to do.
    That's not suspicion, that's downright paranoia.

7+ Year Old Account
    doubling down on the dishonesty doesn't make you look less dishonest. maybe if you try a third time it'll work or just assume me, who knows?
    What are you claiming was dishonest?

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Easy to say when you're not the one pulling the trigger. Yes yes "I would" blah blah, but you won't be.
    What type of argument is that? Are you saying that there aren't people willing to pull the trigger?

The 'other side' seems to have a limitless number of people willing to murder children and innocent civilians, so I guess our civilization is doomed?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I don't know if I'd call the west obsessed just left with no other choice given no other counties in the ME want to take any in so they funnel them into Europe. I mean do you clowns keep forgetting this refugee crisis is a direct effect from the US going into Iraq? also no advocating they deal with it themselves is to STOP GIVING THEM WEAPONS AND DESTABILIZING THEIR COUNTRIES. also gud luck with that travel ban Donny boy, it's working out great so far, huh?
    You don't have to take refugees. Just say no and stop giving them asylum.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post

ooooh we have a contender for top bull shiter who thinks he can pull the wool over my eyes. no I'm stating a fact. not trying to rationalize anything. the rest of your post? /cackles GTFO

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    gee what a nugget of wisdumb, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure whether international law would allow that.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    We do actually. Lawfully bound to do so as per human rights treaties.

It would require a political process to undo those laws.
    No, you don't. Both South Korea and Japan get away with not adhering to that lawfully bound obligation. Your countries are sovereign countries, you can ignore them at will. Nobody is going to act against you for doing so.

Why are people still talking about refugees. The guy was born in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Don't let them in.
    That's an easy answer.
    Unfortunately you got about 10-20+ more major incidents on young civilians or civilians in general before people living in the fairy lands realise that extreme vetting of people coming from suspect countries or travelled to or from those countries is needed to keep people safe.

The above will never happen why the entirety of Europe is still trying to apparently attone for being atrocious people 100+ years ago. Personally I feel like if some one like Corbyn is elected to power the above will never happen as were always be on the #prayforx bandwagon and won't ever snuff out the root cause.

Deleted
    Endus pls adress your opinion

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on the last few attacks it seems there's some issue with 2nd Generation immigrants and integration. Possibly that awkward half way house between their parents culture and the culture they grow up in, perhaps a rejection by both, making them easy pickings for ISIS and the like.

And then those (who are likely higher in number) die anyway. Sorry but I'm not pathetic and think a human value increases because of a side of a border they are from.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Nope.
    Yes. It's not hard.

Yes. It's not hard.
    the wold isn't SK in case you forgot, we have treaties and laws we chose to abide by decades and centuries ago.

the wold isn't SK in case you forgot, we have treaties and laws we chose to abide by decades and centuries ago.
    You can still choose to ignore them if you want to. There is nothing that forces an obligation on you to take refugees, nobody will act against you for ignoring it. Those signed treaties are worthless without enforcement.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Why are people still talking about refugees. The guy was born in the UK.
    This. /10char

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk