Page 82 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Why are people still talking about refugees. The guy was born in the UK.
    Because the ideology that motivates homegrown radicals is being supplemented by millions of people coming from MENA. If you cant control the fire you don't add a million more logs.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    You're completely full of shit if you think Manchester has been broken by this attack.
    Considering the plan is to roll over, do nothing and act like it didn't happen, I'd say Manchester is doing the same thing a batter wife who never leaves does. Can't exactly get much more broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    And then those (who are likely higher in number) die anyway. Sorry but I'm not pathetic and think a human value increases because of a side of a border they are from.
    There are about 60 million refugees.
    Many have lived in refugee camps for years.
    You speak as if this is a solvable problem with dire consequences for doing nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    What type of argument is that? Are you saying that there aren't people willing to pull the trigger?

The 'other side' seems to have a limitless number of people willing to murder children and innocent civilians, so I guess our civilization is doomed?
    Idk, do we have people willing to throw aside what little morals and ethics we apply to warfare to do "what needs to be done"? We have internet bad asses by the thousands but do we have people that will actually do it?
    Last edited by Dug; 2017-05-23 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Because the ideology that motivates homegrown radicals is being supplemented by millions of people coming from MENA.
    Seems specious.

10+ Year Old Account
    So he is a good example of a culture that doesn't want to assimilate and that rejects tolerance.

If we can't even deal with the ones that are Generation II, what makes people think mass importing more of them is a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    You can still choose to ignore them if you want to. There is nothing that forces an obligation on you to take refugees, nobody will act against you for ignoring it.
    what part of: "we hold ourselves to this standards" are you not getting?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    the wold isn't SK in case you forgot, we have treaties and laws we chose to abide by decades and centuries ago.
    No, the refugee charter was agreed after ww2 and related specifically to ww2 refugees.
    Then some 'Smart' people decided to extend that to everyone, everywhere in the 70's.
    Since then all western governments have pretended to give a shit more or less successfully.
    And i think we should end it - It's always been a lie anyway.

what part of: "we hold ourselves to this standard" are you not getting?
    So stop doing that if it's detrimental.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    Based on the last few attacks it seems there's some issue with 2nd Generation immigrants and integration. Possibly that awkward half way house between their parents culture and the culture they grow up in, perhaps a rejection by both, making them easy pickings for ISIS and the like.
    What links it all together is Islam. If Christians were doing this I'd say the same thing. They become "radicalized."

It's cool that it will take a century according to you? We'll all be dead by then. Not cool.
    You and I will probably be dead, indeed. Most likely because of age. If you mean that everyone is dead because of terror, I find that very hard to believe. People aren't pissed off and scared of terrorist because so many people die. The death count is low. But it's because the deaths are cruel, violent, meaningless and the terrorists are attacking our way of life.
    Mother pus bucket!

So stop doing that if it's detrimental.
    for Europe? sure, they should examine them and make changes. for the US? I see no reason to.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    You and I will probably be dead, indeed. Most likely because of age. If you mean that everyone is dead because of terror, I find that very hard to believe. People aren't pissed off and scared of terrorist because so many people die. The death count is low. But it's because the deaths are cruel, violent, meaningless and the terrorists are attacking our way of life.
    Why should someone accept that something might fix itself after they're dead? I'd want something fixed long before I'm dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Nope.

Our own supreme court fined our government €5000/day per refugee it wasn't offering shelter and food, because of being lawfully bound.
    Wasn't that overturned by the ECJ?.

for Europe? sure, they should examine them and make changes. for the US? I see no reason to.
    Not wanting whats happening in Europe to happen in your own country seems like a good enough reason.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Considering the plan is to roll over, do nothing and act like it didn't happen, I'd say Manchester is doing the same thing a batter wife who never leaves does. Can't exactly get much more broken.
    Which just shows your ignorance. For the families of the people killed it's a terrible thing, for a city of ~a million people it's a slight shock. Other than supporting the victims, grieving the lost and hoping security forces can stop similar events in the future there isn't a lot that needs to be done by the people of Manchester.

Why should someone accept that something might fix itself after they're dead? I'd want something fixed long before I'm dead.
    So do I! I want that every problem we have on earth is fixed in my lifetime.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    So do I! I want that every problem we have on earth is fixed in my lifetime.
    I hope you understand that saying "Don't worry, this will be fixed after you're dead" won't make people who are currently alive feel better about the situation.

I can only answer for myself.

But I believe it has something to do with people being angry at the government for failing to protect its citizens. The 'refugees' are relevant in this context because the governments of Europe has developed a poor habit of accepting tens of thousands of them, while knowing next to nothing about them (and oftentimes loosing track of them). Even in xenofobic Denmark, there are literally thousans we cannot account for. Xenofobic and overly strict indeed, huh?

Under the consideration that ISIS and the likes have proudly stated that they are using the migrant-flux as a highway into Europe - and I have no reason to not believe them, people are getting the impression that their governments are not taking the lives of their sons and daughters seriously. At least not as seriously as the desire for a multicultural society forged in the wake of perpetual migration. The bill will come due, at least my spider sense tells me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Which just shows your ignorance. For the families of the people killed it's a terrible thing, for a city of ~a million people it's a slight shock. Other than supporting the victims, grieving the lost and hoping security forces can stop similar events in the future there isn't a lot that needs to be done by the people of Manchester.
    The fact you described the killing of 22 (10 children) people by terrorism a, "slight shock" should illuminate the problem.

Even in the Middle East, terrorist attacks aren't considered as a slight shock.