Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Raising thousands apon thousands of lions a very intelligent animal just to be placed in a pen to be shot by some middle aged twat needing a ego boost is pure filth and a big part why I dislike the human race as a whole. No surprises people on mmo are ok with it though.

And your example of people buying hunting in Texas, I bet that is deer. Hardly on the same intelligence level as a lion.

Same as your cheesburger example. A cow is no lion in terms of intelligence.

Does it matter what the animal is? Point is, HUNTING has given rise to population of African animals here in the states, as long as that demand exists, these animals are, ironically yes, protected from extinction.

And I would like to point out, the so called canned hunts, I do find distasteful, its not real hunting. But, really, so what? Why is a lion different than a cow if its bred for slaughter?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    And your example of people buying hunting in Texas, I bet that is deer. Hardly on the same intelligence level as a lion.
    What does their intelligence level have to do with anything? If you're against the concept of controlled hunting then be against it.

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    I always find it hypocritical when Liberals - who are against the Death Penalty of humanities worst - celebrate this guys death.
    BUt he shot an animal, in another country, where the country accepted him with open arms. Its totally worse than a serial killer murdering a family in their home.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    So then the whole argument is invalid.
    Trophy hunting brings in massive ammounts of money for the conservation of big game, making it profitable to keep up viable populations, poachers don't care about long term profit or conservation, only about the short term, hunting animals into extinction and driving up prices for suposed madiconal bodyparts.

Poachers care about only themselves, the people running big game hunts are using the mony to keep sepeices alive and help entire communities of people

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    What does their intelligence level have to do with anything? If you're against the concept of controlled hunting then be against it.
    Yeh, its moot IMO, if you are OK with wholesale slaughter of other farmed animals, whats the difference. Its an animal.

Somewhere between $10,000-20,000. Ive actually been to the parks which isnt a cheap flight from where I live. And I shot animals with my camera, not a rifle and it was great. Tourism, heard of it? its also big business when you have animals only found in that location. Have also donated to people like Kevin Richardson who look after their own parks.

Look into lion canned hunting and tell me trophy hunting is still ok so I can put you on ignore
    Eco tourism is nice and in a perfect would would be all that would be needed, sadly it's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Say that to Hemet Nesingwary's face.
    Mass destruction of animal life in Nagrand. Jesus. I killed over 90 animals for that monster, turned in the quest to find him sending out half a dozen more people each to kill 90 more!
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Österreich or Austria for the english speaking
    hah karma hits hard. i dont say anything if you hunt to survive or to regulate the wild. but if you hunt for fun/sport than i hope some day you get to be the hunted.
    Last edited by Igzorn; 2017-05-23 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconuter View Post
    Not saying you have to feel anything. I'm saying it's wrong to celebrate his death and hypocritical considering how so many on these forums act as though they and their opinions are progressive.
    No it's not. The world is improved by his absence. Everything is better with him dead. We can celebrate this event which we had no hand in with a clear conscience. Progressivism is just a vapid and ultimately meaningless label for which the definition regularly changes to suit whatever moral outrage is en vogue at the moment. Nobody's a hypocrite for not fitting your personal definition of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Yeh, its moot IMO, if you are OK with wholesale slaughter of other farmed animals, whats the difference. Its an animal.
    Because more intelligent animals feel pain and loss differently, have an advanced sense of self compared to less intelligent animals, etc. Beyond intelligence these animals are having their ecosystem disrupted by an outside force. Absent a hunter their life begins and ends as it would. Absent consumption of farmed animals for food those animals simply would not even exist.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Because their intelligence levels is directly relevant to the amount of pain and suffering and stress they go through before the kill.

Yes we need meat, we dont need to torture it first.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a lot of sympathy for him. Trophy hunting is wasteful and destructive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instant karma.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damm rip dude. Hunting is a tough sport. It takes a lot of skill to hunt these kinds of beasts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because their intelligence levels is directly relevant to the amount of pain and suffering and stress they go through before the kill.

Yes we need meat, we dont need to torture it first.
    The hierarchy of Pain/Suffering/Intelligence goes like this Mammals=Reptiles=Avian > Fish > Bugs and other invertebrates

There really is no real difference between a deer and lion as far as suffering is concerned. A better argument would be that deer breed like crazy and are in no danger of going extinct anytime soon. Lions, on the other hand, can be all killed out in a month if we really wanted to. Shit, probably a week really.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got what he deserved if you ask me

Kill or be killed. Looks like the latter won this time. Sucks, but no remorse here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    So if I shoot 10 kids in the heads, but donate 10 million to some children's charity, which can help children, that makes it right? That makes it a good thing?

I'd rather let these animals die out than participate in their suffering. Just let nature take its course. Nothing immoral about that. Shooting animals for fun is though, no matter how much you bribe people before you do it.
    Without that funding, they will still be hunted by poachers. If the rest of the world (probably you as well) doesn't give two shits about African Wildlife, you can't blame the citizens there for their lack of options.

Trophy hunting will have its flaws, but I'd take that option over uncontrolled poaching any day. But apparently you just mentioned you would rather let the species go extinct...
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Hunters in africa have to pay for a license for conservatory efforts, the meat of the animal and every single part goes to the villages nearby and most of the animals tagged to be hunted are extras/aren't wanted to breed with.
    Some people get what's coming to them.

It is, by the way, thoroughly disgusting when people apologize for the behavior of hunting endangered species because they throw in some money to "preserve" the species or help out surrounding areas. Why do they need to kill endangered species to help out communities that they are indirectly or, in some cases, directly profiting from the suffering of?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEN4hcZutO0

How dare these affluent pigs pretend they're helping out the indigenous peoples of Africa as an excuse to kill off entire species of rare animals.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Lion farms aren't ethical because as you know, they raise the lions from cubs and set them loose to be shot. That's a stark contrast from actual, ethical hunts in the bush that often provide meat to impoverished or starving communities. Why do you have to take the biggest extreme and ignore the perfectly valid and ethical hunting that exists. I have no interest in hunting African game for the same reasons I don't hunt grizzly in Alaska. I only hunt what I'll eat or can immediately provide to others. But the reality is African game hunting is a great source of income to some of the poorest areas in the world. Kudos to you for paying the park fee to film, but 99% of the people bitching will never lift a finger to help.
    I have no problems against fair hunting. How is being driven around with locals on a jeep to gun down a released animal in an enclosed space fair or ethical hunting? Even if the food is used. Also where do you draw the line, you going out for a hunt is a bit different to people actively trying to maximize profit in this industry because it is so lucrative

Irony.

I prefer hunting humans. They are more challenging.

Sometimes.