Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    To get that 10k bonus, you couldn't even get close to that with AK50. And each point is only like a 0.1% DPS increase.
    its a bit more than 0.1% but it doesnt matter. ppl use runes on progress runs, so imagine a 20 ppl having few more points into a weapon. lets assume that you have 5 more that's 1000 more intellect/str, with 20 people thats 20000 ( well less if you dont count tanks ), you wanna tell me that wouldnt matter to a guild? If you believe that then dont use pots, flasks, food or any other buff, not only you but your entire group.

And you would atm HoV +15 gives more than 20mill AP with i think 37AK, with AK40 that would be about 44mill, with AK50 that would be 600mill +, do you notice the difference? for last trait/point you will need 865,842,644,766,333 total
    Last edited by markos82; 2017-05-23 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    its a bit more than 0.1% but it doesnt matter. ppl use runes on progress runs, so imagine a 20 ppl having few more points into a weapon. lets assume that you have 5 more that's 1000 more intellect/str, with 20 people thats 20000 ( well less if you dont count tanks ), you wanna tell me that wouldnt matter to a guild? If you believe that then dont use pots, flasks, food or any other buff, not only you but your entire group.

And you would atm HoV +15 gives more than 20mill AP with i think 37AK, with AK40 that would be about 44mill, with AK50 that would be 600mill +, do you notice the difference? for last trait/point you will need 865,842,644,766,333 total
    It's specifically designed to never be able to finish and small enough rewards so people didn't even feel the need to try. 0.1% for the amount of investment needed is simply not worth it after a certain point, even to the true hardcore players,

It's like some of the posters here are months behind on notes, intentions, etc that have been clearly stated and only show up to complain. The entire system is supposed to be basically completed once you get to 52 unless you're a die hard or one trick at which point you have something to put points into. You're not supposed to finish it or even make strong progression into it. Going beyond 40 just lets the entire AP system die on your whole account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

It's specifically designed to never be able to finish and small enough rewards so people didn't even feel the need to try. 0.1% for the amount of investment needed is simply not worth it after a certain point, even to the true hardcore players,

It's like some of the posters here are months behind on notes, intentions, etc that have been clearly stated and only show up to complain. The entire system is supposed to be basically completed once you get to 52 unless you're a die hard or one trick at which point you have something to put points into. You're not supposed to finish it or even make strong progression into it. Going beyond 40 just lets the entire AP system die on your whole account.
    What you said makes no logic what so ever. Because if 52 is for 95% of the players then there wont be any reason to nerf AK by 13x. With AK40 99% of players that do few M+ a week will have 52 points in less than 2 months. So if they dont want players to get 52 so fast nerf AK to 30 or so. And no Blizzard said that it would take more than a year to reach 50/50 just before the end of expansion. When they nerf it by 13 times it would take 13 years more to get to that point.

ATM I am at 53 points, mid way to 54 points but i invested some into 2 OS so i can open all golden dragons. You can get 1 point per week if you do most of the WQ that give AP, clear NH HC and do some like 10 M+ each week. So you can get 101 points in 12 months from now.....
    Last edited by markos82; 2017-05-23 at 05:02 PM.

What you said makes no logic what so ever. Because if 52 is for 95% of the players then there wont be any reason to nerf AK by 13x. With AK40 99% of players that do few M+ a week will have 52 points in less than 2 months. So if they dont want players to get 52 so fast nerf AK to 30 or so. And no Blizzard said that it would take more than a year to reach 50/50 just before the end of expansion. When they nerf it by 13 times it would take 13 years more to get to that point.
    They nerfed it because 40 allows you to reach the points they intend at the right speed with getting Concordance before ToS. Beyond 40 was just so fast that the entire system becomes obsolete on not just your main character but your entire account.

They also never claimed anything about the speed to get 50/50 aside from that it would take way too long and is unreachable on purpose. People did the math immediately and it would take like 7 years without AK past 50 to get to 50/50 Concordance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Investment into Concordance gives you fuck all DPS per point. The grind could be considered over when your weapon hits 52 unless you're a super hardcore min-maxer but even then the minuscule reward stops being worth the investment pretty quickly.
    Yup, I agree. Once I hit 52 as Ele I am dumping all my points into my resto weapon. I still wish that blizz didn't make this change, but its nowhere near the tragedy that some are making it out to be.

They nerfed it because 40 allows you to reach the points they intend at the right speed with getting Concordance before ToS. Beyond 40 was just so fast that the entire system becomes obsolete on not just your main character but your entire account.

They also never claimed anything about the speed to get 50/50 aside from that it would take way too long and is unreachable on purpose. People did the math immediately and it would take like 7 years without AK past 50 to get to 50/50 Concordance.
    That's what they say. I mean you cant play on 5 characters at the same time, most ppl have max 2-3 geared alts that are M NH ready, for everyone else ( as in alts ) current AK and AP doesnt matter. If you didnt played for 4 months or 3 or 2 or even a month you will still need weeks if not months to get to AK40 and then to get to 52 so that is BS what you said. I have 53 as I said in main weapon but i did 600 M+ i do each and every WQ that gives AP, NH HC, normal and M ( 7/10 ), daily each day and the rest of the raids. And I'm only 53 points into it 2/50 Paragon, in 3 weeks or so that it will take for ToS to goes live i wil probably be 6/50

It simply not true, for 54 points i need 880mil thats is 40+ HoV +15, or 1/3 if i do each and every AP WQ and daily in 7 days. So in a week you can get 1 point to your weapon since AK increases by 30% same as AP needed. Thats till AK50 or 65 or so points into weapon. After that increase to AP needed is insane, but even with that it would take you about a year of doing 10-20 M+ each week, 100+ WQ and so on

Imo, I only see this is as a meaningful nerf to alts and off-spec weapons. Kind of a bummer but oh well.

It makes me feel sad how this statement from 2004 is what exactly what happens in Legion nowdays.

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Kaplan
    The single most important thing to remember when creating a game is that it must be FUN. When someone sits down to play your MMO, they are doing so to be entertained. An MMO should not feel like a job or obligation. It's very important not to fall into that trap of trying to manipulate your community, as if you're trying to run an ant farm. As a designer, it's your responsibility to create a world that's exciting, challenging, and FUN. It's not your job to play god over someone's play experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    concordance will provide a method to consistantly nerf current content as every week your raid will gain around one more level of it across the board. Which will be similiar to 1 ilvl of gear(give or take). It is not meant to be hard farmed.
    Good thing they started to nerf the current content before releasing the said current content! Excellent foresight! Too bad that each level is less then 1 ilvl upgrade on a single item, so it might take a bit of time for it to be noticeable. Although there is a problem, where by the time tomb comes out most people will be getting a level every 2-4 weeks, increasing each level. But yeah, slow and steady nerfs!

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Good thing they started to nerf the current content before releasing the said current content! Excellent foresight! Too bad that each level is less then 1 ilvl upgrade on a single item, so it might take a bit of time for it to be noticeable. Although there is a problem, where by the time tomb comes out most people will be getting a level every 2-4 weeks, increasing each level. But yeah, slow and steady nerfs!
    You realize that this is just for 7.2. Since they are pushing the launch of the next patch back they do not want peole getting too far ahead in AK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    It makes me feel sad how this statement from 2004 is what exactly what happens in Legion nowdays.

The single most important thing to remember when creating a game is that it must be FUN. When someone sits down to play your MMO, they are doing so to be entertained. An MMO should not feel like a job or obligation. It's very important not to fall into that trap of trying to manipulate your community, as if you're trying to run an ant farm. As a designer, it's your responsibility to create a world that's exciting, challenging, and FUN. It's not your job to play god over someone's play experience.
    I'm confident you took that out of context to what Kaplan was saying.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    It clearly affects all of your characters, it's a 44,001 multiplier at AK40 vs. a 552,001 multiplier at AK50. They nerfed the rate at which you can get to concordance and the maximum reasonably attainable concordance level. These are facts.

I haven't seen anyone math out the new reasonably attainable concordance level yet nor have I seen concordance sims for every class by concordance level. So saying "It doesn't really matter" without any data to back it up is ignorant.

Assuming you have been playing since Legion release, with no breaks, and currently have just enough AP for concordance on one spec right now...

With no changes in playstyle, you would be getting about 1.2 billion AP/week at AK40, and 16.5 billion/week at AK50.

It currently takes about 2.3 billion AP to attain 52 traits in an artifact weapon. This would take 2 weeks at AK40, and about half a day at AK50.

By June 21, you would have 1 more rank in Concordance with AK50 vs AK40 (7 to 6)

By July 21, the difference would be 5 ranks (13 to 8)

By the end of 2017, the difference would be 9 (22 to 13)

By the end of 2018, the difference would be 10 (26 to 16)

The difference would never exceed 10 ranks, and in the next ten years you would only reach 34 with AK50, and 24 with AK40.

Working ten times as hard as someone who just got rank 1 of Concordance, you would reach rank 42 with AK50, and 32 with AK40.

This change has absolutely nothing to do with putting rank 50 out of reach of players, and everything to do with limiting how much we get before they release another tier of content, and bump AK back up. They need to lower the cap now so they can raise it again later without dicking with the requirements too much. Just like a stat squish.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    congrats you have buddies to carry you - job well done

guess what most dont so achieving this is impossible for them.
    lol, Yeah, no. You not knowing how to efficiently gear / play has nothing to do with being carried. You can easily create a group and jump straight into mythic dungeons, and once you clear out most of them, you'll be more than ready to do some mythic +s. After a few of those, you can get into a heroic NH group pretty easily. I did all this with no real help from friends / guild, mainly LFG. Don't pass off your incompetence in this subject as "impossible for most", because that's outright bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Not a big deal but I wouldn't put it past them to increase to 50 later. I'm almost to concordance without trying on my main.

This will save me 5000 order resources per character so I've got that going for me which is nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    "keep up" lol like it matters, the trait does nearly nothing after the first trait.
    For your class/spec maybe, it actually scales really well for some of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHwip46 View Post
    No, it doesn't. That's the entire point of this, and to be frank if you feel like banging your face against Mythic + 1000 times or some other stupid nonsense so you can have 1k more dps, then go for it. Just don't be salty when people with only 52 ranks do virtually the same dps as you without grinding nonsensically.

- - - Updated - - -

ATM I am at 53 points, mid way to 54 points but i invested some into 2 OS so i can open all golden dragons. You can get 1 point per week if you do most of the WQ that give AP, clear NH HC and do some like 10 M+ each week. So you can get 101 points in 12 months from now.....
    Your theory might be correct if trait cost scaled linearly.

It doesn't. If you don't even know the basics of how Concordence works, you probably aren't in a position to comment on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post

And yet Kaplan himself in the LFG WoW documentary that came out just before WoD launched literally said game designers are 'deviant psychologists' who manipulate player's emotions to get them to keep playing. So ...

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHwip46 View Post
    It's 0.8%-1.2% for pretty much every spec. for the first point.

They'll probably split the difference and bump it back up to 50 during a mini-patch inside of Tomb.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    lol, Yeah, no. You not knowing how to efficiently gear / play has nothing to do with being carried. You can easily create a group and jump straight into mythic dungeons, and once you clear out most of them, you'll be more than ready to do some mythic +s. After a few of those, you can get into a heroic NH group pretty easily. I did all this with no real help from friends / guild, mainly LFG. Don't pass off your incompetence in this subject as "impossible for most", because that's outright bullshit.
    and im sure people whom you trick into carrying you in pug are thrilled to having to carry freshly dinged alts - because beeing carried by random pugs is different then being carried by guildies

i bet nuts against diamonds that in description you are puting "900 + ap zerg/rush " without puting in check box for mythic 0 also only invitng only people of your gear type to maximize drops

here i know how to do it "correckly" dont i after all

not being a leech aparently nowadays = "being incompetent"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    To me Ak40 and AK50 is related to WHEN going for AP items becomes obsolete and honestly i rather it does during ToS (ak50) than before it even starts (ak40)
    for mains ? sure - but alts are completly f.... ed if ak stops at 40.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-05-24 at 06:51 AM.