Page 84 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    No, that religious freedom is not something you can revoke to mean ''just christians''. It took considerable effort (and a civil war) to just manage to instill the idea ''protestants should get along together, kumbaya''-imagine for catholics
    Well, to be fair... you're right. Religious freedom is not something that you should revoke. Of course it can be revoked. Just a slight correction, but essentially you mean the right thing.

The problem, however, is that you can deny a movement the status "religion". Poof, gone's the protection. Scientology has had to deal with this since their inception in Germany. Theoretically speaking, once you start making the case that Islam is no longer considered a religion, you do not need to worry over any religious freedom again.

This is just hypothetical at this point, of course.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    You get that there is an objective difference here?
    The protocols of the Elder of Zion are made up.
    the 22 dead in Manchester isn't even fucking buried yet.
    Yes, the event is sad but putting all emotions aside and in the grand scheme of things, it is NOT the worst thing that is going on. There are some statistics out there how likely is it for an average western person to die from a terrorist attack. So for instance, after searching for about 2 minutes, I found this for the USA:

You're more likely to die because of police than terrorism. Or is that made up aswell? Most recent stats I found for EU are here and the fact is that annually there are 'only' about couple of hundred people dying from terrorist attacks. So if in one year the number goes from 100 to 150, it will be seen as a 50% increase and reaches DailyMail frontpage while in reality the actual numbers did not go up that shockingly much. What is happening now is that such events get fucktons of more publicity for the very reason that it attracts attention of people like you who love finding scapegoats and blaming millions of muslims because an absolute minority of them is retarded (I'm sure there were Jews who committed crimes in 1920s aswell - but I'm also sure you understand they represented only a fraction of their ethnicity). I am not saying that terrorism isn't a problem - of course it is (and not only jihad terrorism) - but it is not at the stage where the world is literally ending tomorrow like some people make it out to be. All this crap around these events just feed cheap propaganda and as it looks like it works wonders on people who are not very well educated or/and are just calling on actions based on their emotions.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

https://www.statista.com/chart/4093/...pe-since-1970/

Just a reminder for context.

And these are not adjusted for population growth.
    Doesn't account for 2016 which was even deadlier and a special asterisk should be added to show when the refugee crisis began so it could provide even more context. There is a correlation between terrorism and the influx of muslims.

Deleted
    Guy Fawkes is something else than the mask wore by hacktivists, you know ? (Please note here that this was the kind of ''plot'' that was actually used to repress the rights of dissenters-Titus Oates was truly the Jacobean Alex Jones, if more lucid)
    Yeah, Guy fawkes 1605 gunpowder plot really could have made the 1689 toleration act to collapse.
    Do you need a lesson in chronology and dates?
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2017-05-23 at 10:48 PM.

IS is trying to spread fear and in return, they inspire rage.

Dunno about their agenda, but if the master plan is to get an extremized, homophobic, raging west then they're doing it right. Hope muslims are getting ready for the body count, because the retaliation will be quite relentless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    That old fallacy Stalin was not an atheist. Stalin was after totalitarian power. In the context of the Soviet union that meant killing all the military leaders and religious leaders. If he was after dismantling religion, he did a poor job since that once he was in total control he revived the russian orthodox church.
    Stalin's Atheism was already duly noted by historians:

While studying at a Georgian Orthodox seminary, Stalin became an atheist. Stalin had a complex relationship with religious institutions in the Soviet Union. Historians Vladislav Zubok and Constantine Pleshakov have suggested that "Stalin's atheism remained rooted in some vague idea of a God of nature."

His government promoted atheism through special atheistic education in schools, anti-religious propaganda, the anti-religious work of public institutions (Society of the Godless), anti-religious laws and the fermenting of repression against religious believers. By the late 1930s, it had become dangerous to be publicly associated with religion.

Continuous persecution in the 1930s resulted in its near-extinction as a public institution: by 1939, active parishes numbered in the low hundreds (down from 54,000 in 1917), many churches had been levelled, and tens of thousands of priests, monks and nuns were persecuted or executed. Over 100,000 were executed during the purges of 1937–1938.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Yes, the event is sad but putting all emotions aside and in the grand scheme of things, it is NOT the worst thing that is going on.
    Who gives a shit?
    Besides, this has nothing to do with my post.
    You get a healthy amount of people advocating killing people in this very same forum. They may not look like skinheads but they sure as hell think like one (blind and biased hatred, blame all shit that's happening with your country on a group of people, think your (and your friends) worldview is never-changing and should be the ultimate point of evolution all cultures want and should achieve and so on).
    My point remains, The Jew's did nothing wrong, You can't say that the 'Muslims' did nothing wrong.
    That's the fucking difference, If every single Jew killed in the holocaust had been an ISIS member, we wouldn't be calling it the Holocaust.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Who gives a shit?
    Besides, this has nothing to do with my post.

My point remains, The Jew's did nothing wrong, You can't say that the 'Muslims' did nothing wrong.
    That's the fucking difference, If every single Jew killed in the holocaust had been an ISIS member, we wouldn't be calling it the Holocaust.
    Are you that daft? I just explained to you why your reasoning makes 0 sense. Terrorist attacks form a fraction of crimes committed by people and there are only about couple of hundred them every year - if you think an absolute minority should be held responsible for the massively bigger group of people where they seem to belong to (and it's according to you, not according to most reasonable muslims anyway) then it makes sense that if any kind of ethnicity or a religious group has ANYONE commiting any kind of crime, the whole group should be held responsible provided those crimes have been blown out of proportion. As I also said, I refuse to believe no Jew ever committed a crime and you would be naive if you thought that - and at the same time you find it silly to blame all the Jews for something that only a tiny fraction might have done. Apply that to any group that has had horrible people doing horrible stuff in them. Also, you may want to further your knowledge about terrorism in general as there are many different groups that actually commit those crimes and not all of them are muslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Deleted
    Are you that daft? I just explained to you why your reasoning makes 0 sense. Terrorist attacks form a fraction of crimes committed by people and there are only about couple of hundred them every year -
    And you seem to be unable to grasp my point:
    The Nazis, were DELUDED and believed in a CONSPIRACY THEORY, And Racial nonsense.
    That's why they wanted to do shit to the Jews.
    You get a healthy amount of people advocating killing people in this very same forum. They may not look like skinheads but they sure as hell think like one (blind and biased hatred, blame all shit that's happening with your country on a group of people, think your (and your friends) worldview is never-changing and should be the ultimate point of evolution all cultures want and should achieve and so on).
    See the obvious distinction here?
    The other side has real and actual grievances.
    And not a single person here has suggested that we stage another holocaust - I think i'm the harshest here, And all i have said is that i'm cool with killing all violent Islamists.
    Oh and helpful tip for the future, Accidents, and incidental actions, are not remotely comparable to malicious premeditated acts.

Yes, the event is sad but putting all emotions aside and in the grand scheme of things, it is NOT the worst thing that is going on. There are some statistics out there how likely is it for an average western person to die from a terrorist attack. So for instance, after searching for about 2 minutes, I found this for the USA:

You're more likely to die because of police than terrorism. Or is that made up aswell? Most recent stats I found for EU are here and the fact is that annually there are 'only' about couple of hundred people dying from terrorist attacks. So if in one year the number goes from 100 to 150, it will be seen as a 50% increase and reaches DailyMail frontpage while in reality the actual numbers did not go up that shockingly much. What is happening now is that such events get fucktons of more publicity for the very reason that it attracts attention of people like you who love finding scapegoats and blaming millions of muslims because an absolute minority of them is retarded (I'm sure there were Jews who committed crimes in 1920s aswell - but I'm also sure you understand they represented only a fraction of their ethnicity). I am not saying that terrorism isn't a problem - of course it is (and not only jihad terrorism) - but it is not at the stage where the world is literally ending tomorrow like some people make it out to be. All this crap around these events just feed cheap propaganda and as it looks like it works wonders on people who are not very well educated or/and are just calling on actions based on their emotions.
    In november alone 2015 islamic terrorists killed more than 2000 people and injured more than 3000. Is that few in your mind?

I mean, they've "only" killed close to 200 000 people (that we know of) in the name of Islam since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    In november alone 2015 islamic terrorists killed more than 2000 people and injured more than 3000. Is that few in your mind?

I mean, they've "only" killed close to 200 000 people (that we know of) in the name of Islam since 2002.

Also pointing out that those statistics are misleading, since it put terrorism avg on a 41 year time scale, instead of the last 10-15 years when its been most prevalent.

We should redo the statistics to only do the last 15 years, instead of including time frames when terrorist attacks were very rare and then go "SEE YOUR ODDS ARE LOW!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's time for the Brits to get mad. (By "mad," I mean "angry.")

Right now, "Britain for the British" makes a lot of sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post

Okay, define "British".

But how are you going to do it, this strategy that work so well of attacking countries at random to punish them for the acts of someone who was not even born there ?

Kauze, Libya have already been freedomized. You would need to bomb away what pass as a government, clone Khadaffi, then bomb him away.
    I told you. I will start by not "just letting go" the terrorists we question. We already have many cases (Ft. Hood, orlando, This attack) in which the terrorist was picked up and interviewed and then let go. Obviously, there is some kind of disconnect there. Find a way to keep them, that is what good law enforcement does.

Law enforcement in the USA couldn't get any charges to stick on the mobsters, even though they knew they were criminals. So what did they do? Prosecuted them for tax evasion and locked them up for that.

I think that is a good first step. Find a way to keep these guys for a while longer. Maybe we need more than just an "interview' when we pick them up. We are going to have to be creative, because people are dying. I am not just ready to throw up my hands in despair and say" however we are going to do this?"

I am also not going to use a terrorist attack on children to take political shots at policies I don't agree with, but to each their own I guess (I never advocated for any of those things you mentioned btw- I see them as a waste of time, money and lives).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Okay, define "British".
    That's up to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post

You know it was a "Brit" who committed this terrorist act right?

Quote Originally Posted by Pengekaer View Post
    We could learn a great deal from MOSSAD. They know a terrorist when they see one. ;-)

These scumbags can no longer be given the benefit of doubt, or we will see this over and over and over.
    I think the life of a salafist is worth so little that its better to snuff it out than to risk the lives of real Europeans.

My ultimate goal, politically, is a Europe that is rid of Islam. All of Islam expelled in the long run. Why cant it just stay in the Middle East? With the right political moves, it is possible. I believe we will eventually get there. Austria already banned the burka. Things are beginning to roll.
    I agree. It has to go. It obviously does not mesh with western values. We tried. Now children are dying, I don't care what the politically correct left globalists want (just so they can stuff their pockets with more $$), I'm done with these murderers.

I also agree with you on that things are starting to roll. I have noticed a change as well. Their is going to be a backlash against this nonsense such as the world has never seen. I think our politically correct "friends" are going to be proven to be on the very wrong side of history (yet again).

...and the mayor is muslim...and very much a Brit.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Which just shows your ignorance. For the families of the people killed it's a terrible thing, for a city of ~a million people it's a slight shock. Other than supporting the victims, grieving the lost and hoping security forces can stop similar events in the future there isn't a lot that needs to be done by the people of Manchester.
    Ah, so the city won't care, and neither will the country. Laying down and taking it I guess is what some people consider brave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate these discussions because they are so dishonest.

First they start with "Har Har religion of peace" - The Muslims who say that arent blowing themselves up. In fact look up the number of Muslims in the world, most arent blowing themselves up. How come the same critics dont talk about humanitarian acts from Muslims?

"Send them back home" - Home to where? Most are from the country attacked. Saying to send them back home is a foreign issue, but these are domestic ones where people have been influenced by foreign policies. If you want a solution you must first correctly identify them problem and not just symptoms of the problem.

The "send them back" argument acts like these attacks can be stopped just closing borders. Most US incidents are domestic and because of our loose gun laws, freedom (and by that I mean people not allowing law enforcement to do its job cause mah rights), terrible social programs to address mental issues such as stress/depression/conflicting thoughts/mental illness.

"I called it" - No you didnt. Youre a pessimist who doesn't realize that you get off on misery. If you really called it and no so much then go work with law enforcement so they can better predict incidents

Resident Cosplay Progressive