Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

A Question For Trump Supporters. Is Everyone Lying?

The President has been getting more negative press than usual lately. His list of allegations are but not limited to:

Contact with Russian persons during election campaign

Knowledge of Flynn's misconduct with the Russians

Attempts ti coerce Comey's investigation

Firing Comey to snuff out the Russian investigation

Firing Comey in favor of Russian contemporaries

Asking intelligence officials to ease off the Russian investigation

Barring national media but allowing foreign media to events

Disclosure of sensitive information to foreign agents

and

Russia caught attempting to sway the US election

Sobwe have a huge list of claims and allegations. Many are supported by highly respected officals or retired officals from both parties. Some with paper trails and data to support them.
    But will all of that, many Trump die hards are reluctant to accept any of the above as true or its not important.

I would like some insight on these views. If none of the above is true then we're looking at the biggest conspiracy ever in the history of the US.

Help me understand how Trumps opponents were able to keep something so big under wraps for so long? Why wait until he is in office with a national backing to try to remove him? Wouldn't it have been easier to just steal the nomination from him?

Why isn't collusion with Russian a troubling national issue?

Where are the articles dispelling the myths? I would like to read them. There should be conservative outlets that contradict the lies and slanders put out by the MSM?, right?

I just want to know that Im not being duped by the MSM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The President has been getting more negative press than usual lately. His list of allegations are but not limited to:

Contact with Russian persons during election campaign

Knowledge of Flynn's misconduct with the Russians

Attempts ti coerce Comey's investigation

Firing Comey to snuff out the Russian investigation

Firing Comey in favor of Russian contemporaries

Asking intelligence officials to ease off the Russian investigation

Barring national media but allowing foreign media to events

Disclosure of sensitive information to foreign agents

and

Russia caught attempting to sway the US election

Sobwe have a huge list of claims and allegations. Many are supported by highly respected officals or retired officals from both parties. Some with paper trails and data to support them.
    But will all of that, many Trump die hards are reluctant to accept any of the above as true or its not important.

I would like some insight on these views. If none of the above is true then we're looking at the biggest conspiracy ever in the history of the US.

Help me understand how Trumps opponents were able to keep something so big under wraps for so long? Why wait until he is in office with a national backing to try to remove him? Wouldn't it have been easier to just steal the nomination from him?

Why isn't collusion with Russian a troubling national issue?

Where are the articles dispelling the myths? I would like to read them. There should be conservative outlets that contradict the lies and slanders put out by the MSM?, right?

I just want to know that Im not being duped by the MSM.
    Everybody is lying except me, Trump. Trump has the best information that only Trump can have. Do not believe what they lying sad fake media is saying!
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

It seems that the more the crap gets unearthed, the more denial Trump supporters go into.
    I'm sure that the same ones that were foaming at the mouth ranting about a Kenyan-born Muslim terrorist in the White House are the ones doling out the most noise.
    And I wouldn't be at all surprised that when Trump's little problems get proven and he gets removed from office, they'll still be cheering him on MAGA and shit... no matter that he himself was trying so hard at making Russia great at the expense of our own.

I voted for the other candidate but now that Trump is in I support him. It looks like partisan BS to me.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Everyone is lying but Hannity, Alex Jones, and most of breitbart. Damn libural media controls everything else!

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It looks like partisan BS to me.
    Which part, the ongoing investigations? The halted EO's? The disastrous Trumpcare that the House barely passed (and may have to re-pass)? His complete joke of a budget proposal? That time he gave Israeli intelligence to the Russians without realizing it? The administrations complete lack of a response to Turkish thugs assaulting US citizens on US soil? The times Trump asked law enforcement/intelligence officials to lie to the press to cover up the investigations?

I mean, there's just so many "partisan" topics to choose from!

And therein lies a problem; all it takes is one of the things to be proven. And then Trump's little dreams of Russia greatness will come tumbling down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I voted for the other candidate but now that Trump is in I support him. It looks like partisan BS to me.
    That's bullshit. It's not your patriotic duty to blindly support the President just because he won.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Your barking at the wrong tree. The question that should be asked, is if disagreement with popular opinion, make one independent. The issue you are touching on is not about everyone lying, but closer to everyone being sheep. It's the actual snowflake effect that Trump's support likes to misuse. You have been raised to believe that you are special, so everyone else must be wrong.

See the "awoke independent" or the everything is the same rhetoric as an example. Trump support knows he is so different that main stream cannot handle or know how to react. That's a perfectly reasonable, if misguided position.

But, the awokes don't see it, because regardless of what Trump does, Obama was never treated the same. The point isn't to weigh the difference and come to a conclusion, it's to complain that Obama wasn't ridiculed for not revealing his taxes... wasn't ridiculed for having 0 experience or education in public service... Obama was never accused of a Muslim ban... was never accused of colluding with Russia... never fired an FBI director... Since Obama was never criticized for those, then the awokes believe there is bias. At no point realizing it highlights their own...

The the 'all the same' crowd adds to it. Trump not releasing his taxes, is just like Obama not revealing his real birth certificate. Trump's collusion with Russia, is the same as Obama collusion with Muslim Brotherhood. Trump revealing secrets to Russia, is the same as Obama founding ISIS. Trump including a religious clause in his first travel ban, is the same as Obama banning extremist government officials and their surrogates from Middle East. At no time realizing the insanity they are exposing... just because InfoWars claimed that Obama is building FEMA Camps to capture American citizens, doesn't mean Trump's consolidation of power is the same thing. That's insane...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    They're lying​ so yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Which part, the ongoing investigations? The halted EO's? The disastrous Trumpcare that the House barely passed (and may have to re-pass)? His complete joke of a budget proposal? That time he gave Israeli intelligence to the Russians without realizing it? The administrations complete lack of a response to Turkish thugs assaulting US citizens on US soil? The times Trump asked law enforcement/intelligence officials to lie to the press to cover up the investigations?

I mean, there's just so many "partisan" topics to choose from!
    You're trying to argue with Hubcap, don't waste your time, you wont get anything coherent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    They're lying​ so yes.
    Yay, he is back.

They'll keep claiming everyone is lying even if Trump gets impeached, removed from office, and sent to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They'll keep claiming everyone is lying even if Trump gets impeached, removed from office, and sent to jail.
    I expect it to get worse when he's eventually removed. Trump will flee to Russia or some shit and keep fanning the flames on social media.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Trumpism is like a religion in a way - you know it's all bullshit, but you just block it all out because you want it to be true so badly, and everyone who tries to rain on your parade with all these leaks and scandals are just haters and liars.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    I expect it to get worse when he's eventually removed. Trump will flee to Russia or some shit and keep fanning the flames on social media.
    That's what I really want to see; Trump running to Russia leaving his family behind...because that would show him for what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Secrets for asylum!

7+ Year Old Account
    The claim of the Russia collusion story with Trump is that he colluded with them to leak damaging information on Hillary Clinton to sway the election in his favor.

There has been nothing shown that he did that. Everything else? Damaging in it's own right but not what the claim is about.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Trump supporter here. From your list, a significant portion of them are allegations made without evidence proffered. People have given testimony about it under oath, but all of the "real" evidence is either classified or effectively hearsay. Of the things which aren't simply allegations, things like the Comey firing are things the Democrats themselves wanted done, albeit for different reasons, so I find that issue hypocritical. Further muddying the waters, Comey himself has reversed his position on whether Trump pressured him into easing up on the Russia investigation, so who am I to believe: The Comey of two weeks ago or the Comey of two days ago? Will I have to readjust my doublethink in two more weeks?

To be sure, I'm highly interested in knowing whether Trump's campaign colluded with the Russians, but the evidence on tap thus far has been far from the smoking gun people are saying it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Of the things which aren't simply allegations, things like the Comey firing are things the Democrats themselves wanted done, albeit for different reasons, so I find that issue hypocritical.
    Obama didn't fire Comey. As much as you want to believe that democrats wanted to fire Comey, Trump is the first president in US history to fire an FBI director without even offering a resignation. Remember, unlike Comey, Flynn resigned...

Further muddying the waters, Comey himself has reversed his position on whether Trump pressured him into easing up on the Russia investigation, so who am I to believe: The Comey of two weeks ago or the Comey of two days ago? Will I have to readjust my doublethink in two more weeks?
    Comey has been consistent. What are you talking about?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Trump supporter here. From your list, a significant portion of them are allegations made without evidence proffered. People have given testimony about it under oath, but all of the "real" evidence is either classified or effectively hearsay. Of the things which aren't simply allegations, things like the Comey firing are things the Democrats themselves wanted done, albeit for different reasons, so I find that issue hypocritical. Further muddying the waters, Comey himself has reversed his position on whether Trump pressured him into easing up on the Russia investigation, so who am I to believe: The Comey of two weeks ago or the Comey of two days ago? Will I have to readjust my doublethink in two more weeks?

To be sure, I'm highly interested in knowing whether Trump's campaign colluded with the Russians, but the evidence on tap thus far has been far from the smoking gun people are saying it is.
    Here are a couple of things that are not allegations, they are a matter of facts.

Individuals associated with the Trump Campaign did have repeated contact with Russian state actors. Russia has utilized active measures to interfere with the US domestic affairs, including our elections. Russia has a history of doing so, and those measures have included blackmail. The CIA director at the time found sufficient reason to refer the intelligence that was being gathered by the Agency to the FBI for investigation.

All of what I have said is information that was part of a public hearing by the House Intelligence Committee earlier today.

Here is the hearing if you're interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.