Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Kil'jaeden's Significance

Anyone else kind of bummed out that Kiljaeden had little to no plot visible to the player characters? Guldan was a huge buildup and it was a fulfilling end to his story, considering how big of a baddie kiljaeden is we basically dont even know hes in there (ofc we have seen the cinematic view and know a little more as to why hes there), has someone maybe played the LFR and can tell me if they have the npcs kind of going the nighthold route and as you venture deeper into the tomb they explain whats happening and kiljaeden etc has appearences(first time i know is him randomly fighting Illidan and Velen in the Fallen Avatar fight). Feels like the Broken shore shouldve introduced the Tomb of Sargeras to us and besides the one time dungeon quest it didnt really bring it across

Edit: Botched the title sorry :]

Well, this is what happens when you try to put BIG ASS Raid lore in an MMO....

:/ This isn't Final fantasy, peeps....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Well, this is what happens when you try to put BIG ASS Raid lore in an MMO....

:/ This isn't Final fantasy, peeps....
    Final Fantasy 14 managed by given players a comprehensive, single player campaign with multiple in game cinematics that helped build up both antagonists and protagonists as you levelled your character through the end game.

WoW rightfully prioritises gameplay over story but if there is a balance, it's gone way too far. WoW is a good MMO, but a threadbare rpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Final Fantasy 14 managed by given players a comprehensive, single player campaign with multiple in game cinematics that helped build up both antagonists and protagonists as you levelled your character through the end game.

WoW rightfully prioritises gameplay over story but if there is a balance, it's gone way too far. WoW is a good MMO, but a threadbare rpg.
    Honestly, WOULDN'T be surprised if we kill Sargeras this expac....

Why? Cause, Gameplay >> Lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean in an mmo setting lore should be a side thing. Something that players who are interested in can read up on without it being pushed in the game. I don't want to turn this into FF14 vs WoW thread.
    Gul'dan gets more screen time because he is basically the Legions actor on the stage, Kil'jadean takes the producers approach being more behind the scenes working on his evil plots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, WOULDN'T be surprised if we kill Sargeras this expac....

Why? Cause, Gameplay >> Lore.
    Well duh, it's kinda been leading up to that. I mean, we're going to the seat of power of the burning legion after kicking Kil'Jadens ass (whether we actually defeat him or he just runs away is still to be seen) where Sargeras himself is. Blizzard is preparing the playerbase to get rid of Sargeras by setting up the Void Lords lore, i.e the new Big Bads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Blizzard aren't capable of building up two bad guys in the same expansion. Sorry.

I'm not sure Kil'jaeden really needs any building up, being as established of a character as he is. That said, I definitely expected more of a Suramar style questline with the Broken Shore as a means of building up to the Tomb of Sargeras; the busywork quests just don't cut it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kil'Jaeden has enough significance that he's pretty much wholly set up. I mean it could be better but reasons are obvious. Still satisfied though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Why what, he should have had this whole childish presentation like Lich King in WoTLK where he randomly popped up in every other zone twirling mustache and trashtalking?

Kil'jaeden is not Archimonde, Archimonde would be the guy to go in guns blazing, Kil'jaeden is not like that. That is already plenty known and established.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-05-24 at 08:09 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GenKIDama View Post
    Anyone else kind of bummed out that Kiljaeden had little to no plot visible to the player characters? Guldan was a huge buildup and it was a fulfilling end to his story, considering how big of a baddie kiljaeden is we basically dont even know hes in there (ofc we have seen the cinematic view and know a little more as to why hes there), has someone maybe played the LFR and can tell me if they have the npcs kind of going the nighthold route and as you venture deeper into the tomb they explain whats happening and kiljaeden etc has appearences(first time i know is him randomly fighting Illidan and Velen in the Fallen Avatar fight). Feels like the Broken shore shouldve introduced the Tomb of Sargeras to us and besides the one time dungeon quest it didnt really bring it across

Edit: Botched the title sorry :]

kil'jaeden doesnt need an big buildup, he's already a big, well established, known character.

Honestly, WOULDN'T be surprised if we kill Sargeras this expac.....
    yes, we know, you have said that several million times all across the forums already.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    It's fucking pathetic. Kil'Jaeden is in more than one way one of the most important characters in the lore and there's just nothing. We go in and kill him. End of story.

Imagine the same silly argument applied to Wrath. Oh, oh Arthas totally already had buildup, let's just not hear about him and then kill him, lulz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Why what, he should have had this whole childish presentation like Lich King in WoD where he randomly popped up in every other zone twirling mustache and trashtalking?

Kil'jaeden is not Archimonde, Archimonde would be the guy to go in guns blazing, Kil'jaeden is not like that. That is already plenty known and established.
    It was ridiculous with Arthas, yeah, although funny in retrospect. "Pssht nothing personnel kid" level stuff. And on topic K'J is big enough already.

Kil'jaeden is not even the main villain of the expansion, so nobody cares. Besides, he's not that big a character anyways.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-05-24 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I'm not sure Kil'jaeden really needs any building up, being as established of a character as he is. That said, I definitely expected more of a Suramar style questline with the Broken Shore as a means of building up to the Tomb of Sargeras; the busywork quests just don't cut it.
    That would have been great! I agree, there is no lore happening atm and without the story I am losing interest. My biggest entertainment lately has been playing through Suramar again on my 3rd alt.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

It's an MMOPRG, it's not single player RPG, in MMOs gameplay > lore because we need loot and kill stuff. That's the reason why we can't lose. It's fine for 1 time scenario when the big bad guy appears and we're getting rekt, but it can't happen in raids. Like why even wipe if you can't actually win.

It doesn't matter how big/significant anyone is, he/she'll be farmed T_T
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-05-24 at 08:22 AM.

That's what's bothering some of us the most which we already said across some of the threads here.

The Burning Legion guys - are left bland and boring with just one liner threats dialog when we confront them.
    I think Breaching the Tomb was probably supposed to be this big campaign like Suramar, but devs didn't have time or something and there's no story.

I always thought that they're going to off their big lore characters like Kil'Jaeden with a bang . If any villain deserves it it's Kil'Jaeden, because he's one of the few villains that actually can think and has a brain, but looks like we won't see him until Tomb of Sargeras.

Build up is not the problem, problem is it feels like he's just waiting there in the Tomb for us to get to him instead of activly participating in the activities and war on the Broken shore which he kinda implied he would do in the 7.2 cinematic.
    I think they could've made him also say something when Broken Shore World quest speech boxes appear, It doesn't always have to be some hero telling us what to do, they could've used those speech boxes to show dialogs between for example Velen and Kil'Jaeden and that somehow leading into World Quest or something.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-05-24 at 12:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Well he is evil, thats as much of a build up you can hope to have as warcraft villain.

Maybe we won't kill him now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Maybe we won't kill him now?
    I would love if at 10% KJ just say "You know what ? I have those legs for a reason" and just jump out of window and run away.