Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I liked all the new spell animations classes got. I one thing I thought was weak in general though were the SAM animations. They just seemed a bit bland. I loved everything MCH and WAR got

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I liked all the new spell animations classes got. I one thing I thought was weak in general though were the SAM animations. They just seemed a bit bland. I loved everything MCH and WAR got
    Yeah, while I didn't expect them to be summoner level flashy, I still would've hoped for them to be a bit cooler. Though I did enjoy the Sakura leaves that some of the abilities left, that was pretty cool.

So. was it ever confirmed what class that girl was in the trailer? I'm out of the loop.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    So. was it ever confirmed what class that girl was in the trailer? I'm out of the loop.
    She's a monk. Not confirmed per se by Square Enix but she's seen fighting hand to hand in the trailers and in the official video of the Stormblood.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
    She's a monk. Not confirmed per se by Square Enix but she's seen fighting hand to hand in the trailers and in the official video of the Stormblood.
    No dancer than eh?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

No dancer than eh?
    Sadly not this expansion. Samurai and Red Mage are this expansion's job but I can easily see a Dancer/Blue Mage for the next expansion demanding on where the stroy'll go.

No dancer than eh?
    Definitely a monk.

It's Yda, now revealed to be real name Lyse

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Definitely a monk.

It's Yda, now revealed to be real name Lyse
    Which I called and @dope_danny fought tooth and nail to say it was not Yda and a Dancer. LOL.

Faroth edit: added spoiler tags just in case.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-05-24 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Which I called and @dope_danny fought tooth and nail to say it was not Yda and a Dancer. LOL.
    Well, It's not really Yda.

Soon as I saw her, I knew who it was. Dancer seemed a remote possibility, but I thought she was a monk as well. Mainly because the trailer made it look too much like they'd be near identical for her to be representing a new job.

- - - Updated - - -

Soon as I saw her, I knew who it was. Dancer seemed a remote possibility, but I thought she was a monk as well. Mainly because the trailer made it look too much like they'd be near identical for her to be representing a new job.
    Touche, sir!

Edit: This is the post that was supposed to receive the "Touche" response:
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Well, It's not really Yda.
    but I'm keeping and owning my error.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-05-25 at 01:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

Faroth edit: added spoiler tags just in case.
    Well he was half correct, just not about the Dancer part.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Well he was half correct, just not about the Dancer part.
    Ehhhhhh, 25% correct!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    Yeah, while I didn't expect them to be summoner level flashy, I still would've hoped for them to be a bit cooler. Though I did enjoy the Sakura leaves that some of the abilities left, that was pretty cool.
    They probably saved the big hitters for later, remember even Yoshida said we didn't see ALL of the new skills even for current jobs, there's no telling if Samurai cooldowns won't be disgustingly flashy

Personally, all I want is a blink dash behind the enemy that only does damage when the sword clicks into its sheath.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    They probably saved the big hitters for later, remember even Yoshida said we didn't see ALL of the new skills even for current jobs, there's no telling if Samurai cooldowns won't be disgustingly flashy

Personally, all I want is a blink dash behind the enemy that only does damage when the sword clicks into its sheath.
    That's exactly the kind of weeb anime ability I was waiting for as well, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    well they really only showed off the combos which look like they're based off FFXI samurai. there's still all the off-gcds that look like they're using the sword gauge and some aoe that wasn't shown.

- - - Updated - - -

Touche, sir!
    Faroth quoting and replying to... Faroth?

Pretty sure their LB3 is going to do that.
    Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2017-05-25 at 01:00 AM.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Considering I only care about SAM because I'm a Vergil (from Devil May Cry) fanboy?

Yes, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    .....that's the best quote misclick I've done and I'm keeping it. @_@

Added link to a very detailed summary of all things Stormblood to my OP. It's not my handiwork, of course, but it's pretty doggone good for an unofficial link.

Also, good job replying to yourself, Faroth.

Sanity check:

Was lurking through the ffxiv reddit thread and saw a couple people claim and swear up and down that in Stormblood the requirement of having a "sub class" leveled to 15 to unlock the advanced jobs is going away (ie having Thaumaturge to 15 to unlock Summoner at level 30 Arcanist). They said they heard it during the most recent live letter...and I don't remember hearing that AT ALL, just the cross class ability change where leveling one job within a role unlocks the skills for every job of that role, so no need to level up classes just for their cross class skills.

Just making sure I'm not crazy.