Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Online relationships

Have you ever been in an online relationship? I mean one that is exclusively online, like, you meet someone in WoW and you fall in love and they are your WoW girlfriend.

I recently posted a thread about my many experiences with women, and one I completely forgot to mention was one I had with a girl in WoW. It's actually surprising that I forgot about it, because it is the one that shaped me the most and really opened my eyes in regards to women. Not bashing women or anything, but I feel that sometimes, we are criticizing men, without also taking a look at the bad sides of women.

So here is my story.

I started playing WoW in August of 2008. I was playing a Night Elf Druid. I very early on met a girl. She rode up to me in Stranglethorn Vale on her Human Warlock. She asked me something, I don't know what, but we put each other on the friendslist after that. It was as easy as that back in the day, when people were still social and before cross-server play destroyed server communities.

A couple of days later when questing in Ungoro, I was asked by a female Night Elf Druid about a Druid quest there. We talked a bit and then she went offline, and the other girl from before came online. I made a joke to her about how one blabbermouth went offline and another one came online. She said she knew. It was her sister. They shared an account. This sealed my doom.

Over the following weeks I talked a lot to the two sisters, and we'd eventually end up in the same guild. Especially the older sister, the Druid girl, talked to me a lot. In the beginning I wasn't really interested in talking to her at all. Which of course didn't stop her from texting me, cause she's a girl, and the more you ignore her, the more she wants your attention. But I would only learn that later. I was only interested in playing the game.

At one point, I grew so frustrated with the guild (I was the guildmaster) that I wanted to just call it quits. The younger sister, the Warlock girl, convinced me to give her the lead of the guild in exchange for some gold for the banktab. I told her have fun with it and gave her the control and quit. I wouldn't talk to her for a long time.

However something happened with the older sister. She sent me pics of hers. Nothing raunchy. Just a normal pic of her. She didn't look stunning, but for some reason I slowly became infatuated with her. She wasn't a beauty, but she was good enough. I was more and more eager to talk to her. We even went on skype and talked while leveling characters together.

It was all really great, we had a lot of fun together. One day I lend her about 5000 gold that she needed for epic flying. I had enough gold, even though I was still somewhat new to the game, maybe playing for 4 months, I started making a lot of gold with flasks in TBC already, I really had an easy time picking up on how to use professions to make gold (What's so hard about that anyway, you buy mats, you make the product, you sell the product for more than the mats cost you, this is not rocket science people, this is basic shit...)

Anyway, I gave her the 5000 gold, and a couple of days later she transferred to another server. She knew a couple of people in a guild there and she wanted to play together with them. She told me that she would give me the gold back as soon as she could, but since it had to be on my server, that she now left, her highest character there was around 30 or so, so it would take her a while to get the gold together there. I barely cared about the gold at that time, because I was more crushed that she would leave, but being a no-lifer, I immediately realized that I could easily just level up a character on her server. I started leveling a female Night Elf Druid there. I applied to the same guild that she joined. She was really happy that I was accepted into the guild, because we really did get along great.

Then came the day I told her that I kinda fell in love with her. She replied by saying that she liked someone else. He was in the guild. He was the reason she transferred there. I was crushed. I ragequit the guild and deleted my level 30 Druid. I became so jealous. I texted her every day, asking her if she was talking to him, and if that's why she took so long responding to me. It got so bad that her crush told me I had to tone it down or she would stop talking to me.

At that point, I pulled back a little. I went back to my main server and played there a lot more. For some reason I started talking to the younger sister again. I told her about what I felt for her sister. For some reason, she was interested, because it gave her a chance to talk shit about her sister. I started playing a lot with the younger sister. I rejoined my old guild, now under her leadership. We chatted a bit on ICQ now and then. It made me totally forget the feelings I had for the older sister. She was 17 at the time (legal in my country) and told me how she was still a virgin and sent me a pic of herself with no shirt on, but where she's covering up her boobs with her hands.

One day she talked to me about how her ex-online boyfriend is always mean towards her, because he can't deal with the fact that she ditched him, so he harasses her and insults her, because he is still obsessed with her. I cheered her up, telling her how much of an asshole he has to be if he treats her like that - basically going full whiteknight mode. Her mood changed a lot and she seemed really happy.

The next day, when we were on the guild teamspeak, she abruptly left the teamspeak after I was talking to another girl in the guild for a bit longer. Later she told me that she was sorry, but that she couldn't listen to me talk to another girl and she confessed that she had a crush on me. Now this was a new feeling for me. I think my initial thought was "finally, I'm gonna deflower a girl".

Well that was a bit premature. Because girls are fickle. And they change their mind about every 2 seconds. So while the first few days we were spending all day together, leveling our alts, it didn't take long for her affection to start to wane. I noticed that something was wrong and when I asked her about it she said that her feelings kinda went away.

I was in hell. I already had gotten my hopes up. In my head I had planned so many things we could do together once she came over to my place. I had never felt like this before. Girls had liked me before, but they were either ugly or fat, or I was too shy to act on it, so it kinda went nowhere. Now finally I was optimistic about having a girlfriend for the first time in my life, and it was snatched away from me immediately. I was so furious. How dare she do this to me? What did I do wrong? I was still the same nice guy.

The only thing that saved me was the thought that I might be able to win her back. So I kept leveling with her. However I grew more and more frustrated when we played together. Not because I was in love with her, but because of how selfish and childish she seemed to be when we played together. One day we played together, she didn't want to come on skype. Which led to us not being able to communicate properly when questing, so we didn't work together very well. She wouldn't wait for me and just run off and start doing the quest. Level without me, even though we agreed not to do that. And when things went wrong she would always blame me and never accept blame herself. I let her do this to me for a while, just because I kept trying to see things from her side, and I ended up apologizing even though I did nothing wrong.

Then one day I snapped. It's like I was pushed to my breaking point. I couldn't take her whining and her bitchy attitude anymore. I didn't want to wait for her to continue leveling my character, which up to that day I always did, I never continued without her. But now I thought, fuck it, I'm always waiting on her, she's never waiting on me. I started leveling my character alone, and I hit max level quickly on my draenei paladin. When she came online and saw it, it was like I slapped her in the face. She told me she was sad cause I played without her and that I made her cry. I told her I didn't care and that I wouldn't dance to her tune anymore. After a little back and forth, she quit the guild and gave the guildlead back to me. The guild was a bit flabbergasted at that point, but we talked it over and we kinda made up and she came back into the guild and I made her the guildleader again. But from that point on something changed in me. It's like I became aware of how much of a pussy I was, letting a 17-year-old girl lead me on like that, just because of the prospect of being the one to break her hymen. From that point on, I was a changed man.

We didn't play together too much anymore, but we talked on the phone every now and then, often before we went to bed and wishing each other a good night. Sometimes she would ask me to wake her up in the morning by calling her on the phone. To me that was really intimate stuff and we shared a lot of intimate things with each other. One day she ran away from home, because of some fight with her parents, and I was the one she contacted so we talked on the phone over the incident until she went back home.

The more I pulled back and ignored her, the more she was fighting for my attention. It was like a dance. I told her I wanted to be together with her and she told me she didn't want a boyfriend now because she needed to focus on her school exams. She was about to finish school. I told her ok, I can wait. I thought, if I played this correctly, I might still get into her pants.

Nope.

A couple of days after she finished school she told me she had a boyfriend. I asked her why, because she said she didn't want a boyfriend. She said well, school's over now. I wrote her a couple of paragraphs on skype, basically calling her a whore for playing with me like that and using me as an emotional tampon. I never talked to her again.

I had reestablished my contact with the older sister as I was having trouble with the younger sister, because my feelings for her were gone, so I could talk normally to her again. She would tell me later that the younger sister regretted what happened between me and her and that her online "boyfriend" ended up screaming at her on teamspeak because he was unable to deal with her. Apparently she has that effect on people. That gave me all the happiness I needed. Soon after that I would also break off the contact to the older sister, because she was always too occupied with her crush, who told her he was only up for something sexual, because she had a kid and didn't want anything serious with her. She still owed me the 5000g, but kept telling me that she just didn't have it. One day I told her that I was gonna report her to a GM if she didn't give me the gold. A couple of days later I had it back. Look how fast that can go.

This was the end of my contact to the two. Months later, while drunk, I posted their phone numbers online on a site, telling people to "go fuck them". I was dumb enough to use my real name on the site, so I ended up having to pay a fine of 100 bucks to the police. Because of that I consider it a mistake, but I feel no regret for what I've done. Not that I'm telling anyone to go do this, don't do it, it's not right. But I feel no remorse, think of me what you will.

One time I played with the account of a friend who was in her guild, and while raiding with her, I called her out on her low dps, and I changed the name in her guild notice to her second name, which she hates, cause a known german rapper made a song about a prostitute with that name. She raged so hard. It was glorious.

Also one time, a guy in tradechat was whining about having his heart broken by a girl with the same name as her, and it turned out it actually was her. Different guy than the one above. So together with me, those two guys, and her online boyfriend that she had before me, that's 4 guys she totally pissed off.

That's pretty much my story of my "online relationship".

What I learned from this is that, obviously, I was being a fucking idiot. I was head over heels with 2 horrible girls, who only used and abused me, and for no reason I was totally dependant on them, even though I wasn't getting anything from them other than frustration and the privilege of being their emotional tampon. That would never ever happen to me again.

Oh, and I exaggerated the parts about taking her virginity and getting into her pants. I was really deeply in love with her. Sex was just one component, but I thought it was funnier that way.

So do you have a similar story to share? Or maybe you've been in an online relationship that actually worked out and led to something real? Share your story.

7+ Year Old Account
    This ought to be good.

Edit: Ok...well I did read it, I don't know why but I did gleam this insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I was so furious. How dare she do this to me? What did I do wrong? I was still the same nice guy.
    Bolded for emphasis. I was going to post a bunch of quotes from your post and underscore them with "Nice guy" but in the end it would have been too much hard work and essentially another wall of text under yours. I will say that this is a text book example of what people talk about when they say they hate "nice guys".
    Last edited by Thoughtcrime; 2017-05-24 at 01:26 AM.

No. Seems utterly pointless and rather pathetic at the end of the day.

Edit: The "story" of the OP is crazy levels of misogyny. Good shtick, internet persona on a online video gaming forum.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-05-24 at 01:11 AM.

Wasnt this wall of text just locked in the WoW G-Topic?

No way I'd have an online relationship if it could not end in a real life one with that person.

Waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    lolno.

They usually consist of one person who has no intentions and/or the means of meeting the other person.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No. Seems utterly pointless and rather pathetic at the end of the day.

Edit: The "story" of the OP is crazy levels of misogyny. Good shtick, internet persona on a online video gaming forum.
    Misogyny lol

1) There is no way you read the whole thing in this short timespan
    2) I don't hate women, just the ones that treat other people like shit

You feminists have really done your own cause a great disservice. You've diluted the meaning of "misogyny" so much that now every negative thing about any individual woman is defined as misogyny, basically trivializing real misogyny. You know, in those countries where they openly stone women for having been raped.

But yeah, being frustrated with women, cause they lie to you and use you for whatever you can provide to them is equal to that.
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-05-24 at 01:17 AM.

Holy wall of fucking text. Dude just from seeing some of your threads, seek help. Seriously you have some fucking issues.

Edit: I skimmed this at first but read the whole thing, dude you have some issues and should seek therapy. The way you handle relationships with people is a major issue along with needing "revenge" or getting pleasure from seeing someone distraught. Honestly I hope this post is a joke, but seeing how much time you put into I fear its not.
    Last edited by Iamanerd; 2017-05-24 at 01:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Holy wall of fucking text. Dude just from seeing some of your threads, seek help. Seriously you have some fucking issues.

Edit: I skimmed this at first but read the whole thing, dude you have some issues and should seek therapy. The way you handle relationships with people is a major issue along with needing "revenge" or getting pleasure from seeing someone distraught. Honestly I hope this post is a joke, but seeing how much time you put into I fear its not.
    Dude, this was ten years ago. This is a story from my past.

I put so much time into it because I thought it was funny. Lighten up, Mary.
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-05-24 at 01:23 AM.

Paired with your other threads, it seems this "past" is also the present for you. For something you're trying to down play you seem to care about it as well.

Deleted
    Bedtime, Anduin.

Deleted
    Paired with your other threads, it seems this "past" is also the present for you. For something you're trying to down play you seem to care about it as well.
    The last time I was madly in love with a woman was in 2013, and I handled it pretty well then. There are days when I don't even think of her.

1) There is no way you read the whole thing in this short timespan
    2) I don't hate women, just the ones that treat other people like shit
    1. I did.
    2. Hmmm. Really now? Your language is full of problematic wording that it is either an effective gimmick or earnestly ignorant.

You feminists have really done your own cause a great disservice.
    I'm not much of a feminist actually. Though the assumption is appreciated nonetheless.

But yeah, being frustrated with women, cause they lie to you and use you for whatever you can provide to them is equal to that.
    I suspect you typed this in earnest and was unaware why it is problematic and misogynistic. Which amuses me.

No, I won't explain further either.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-05-24 at 01:31 AM. Reason: typo fix. on mobile.

He probably just made it up tbh.

1. I did.
    2. Hmmm. Really now? Your language is full of problematic wording that it is either an effective gimmick or earnestly ignorant.

I'm not much of a feminist actually. though the assumption is appreciated nonetheless.

I suspect you typed this earnest and was unaware why it is problematic and misogynistic. Which amuses me.

Honestly wouldn't waste time with the OP, he's clearly in need of help be it therapy or psychiatrist.

7+ Year Old Account
    There are days when I don't even think of her.
    kek.
    You must gain control over your gold or the lack of it will forever control you.

Deleted
    I suspect you typed this earnest and was unaware why it is problematic and misogynistic. Which amuses me.

What are you even talking about? It's misogynistic to say I have a problem with women that lie to me or use me for their own purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by Feardotdead View Post
    He probably just made it up tbh.
    I really hope so, but it doesn't surprise me that people like this exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    This ought to be good.
    Nothing tops his other op.

Have you ever been in an online relationship? I mean one that is exclusively online, like, you meet someone in WoW and you fall in love and they are your WoW girlfriend.
    Delusional and pitiful. Anyone who still speak as though a child lost in fantasy needs a professional caregiver.

7+ Year Old Account

I put so much time into it because I thought it was funny. Lighten up, Mary.
    This is either all made up to troll people or you are living with these thoughts now. If you actually think this is funny, it's no wonder you're alone. Seek help. I'm not attacking you, I'm saying that you need to legitimately talk to someone.

Honestly though I think all your posts are aimed at generating the notifications and responses you crave, nothing more.