Poll: Would buy and play this "leaked" expansion if it ends up being true?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, someone literally took my entire plot point that Azshara strikes while we're on Argus, and ran with it; all the while adding yet another Fan Favorite class (Tinker) and Playable race that makes no viable sense without a retcon (Naga).

Not even surprised.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

7+ Year Old Account
    at this point, any expansion who dont have playable ogres for horde is a fake expansion
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-05-24 at 03:07 AM.

Pretty much screams of a fake leak, but if it was true I'd be hyped for one thing alone

"Faction Allegiance System: Allows horde and alliance players to undergo a series of quests and events that eventually allows them to group together, unlocks account wide."

The removal of faction barriers is my number one thing wanted out of WoW. Not removal of factions mind you, I think factions and factions pride can exist side by side with cross faction options. In fact, a quest would be an interesting way to do it, people who don't want to do cross-faction grouping could opt not to do the quest. But that alone is also why I don't think it's real. From an LFG standpoint, it wouldn't make sense and would make things complicated for alts and new players. I guess it could work if it was just a "hidden" cross faction grouping for people who didn't do the quest. In other words, the group finder combines everyone but only people who do the quest see players as the opposite faction, otherwise it "hides" their race to players who haven't done it.

Only one new race, being Naga would be kind of silly to me though. I feel like Naga make much more sense on Horde, Alliance should get something like Vrykul or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    at this point, any expansion who dont have playable ogres for horde is a fake expansion
    If Ogres ever become a playable race for the Horde, Vrykul will also become playable for the Alliance in the same expansion, I think. Just for balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Igneous42 View Post
    Only one new race, being Naga would be kind of silly to me though. I feel like Naga make much more sense on Horde, Alliance should get something like Vrykul or something.
    Yeah, I'm really into High Elves for the Alliance, since Blizzard's main issues with them was their numbers (There's only a few of them) and them looking the same as the Blood Elves, but both of those got solved with Pandas.
    Last edited by mmocc8fa929303; 2017-05-24 at 03:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it makes sense. Blizzard is probably looking to do another "chill" expansion like Pandaria, which also released a neutral race and a class.

I'm willing to bet that the next class (whatever it is) is going to be a regular class that starts at level 1, just to revitalize the early game a bit.

Also makes Blizzard to finish up some of its "unfinished business" from previous expansions, like the Abyssal Maw which was supposed to be in Cataclysm. I can imagine that the Naga/Azshara expansion is something they've been wanting to do for some time.

"Faction Allegiance System: Allows horde and alliance players to undergo a series of quests and events that eventually allows them to group together, unlocks account wide."

This alone put me over the edge to assume it's fake. Why would alliance and horde combine together to defeat some nagas when we've been battling the burning legion themselves, having them invade us and still be fighting a war against each other. Fake leak.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    Now I'm not saying tinkers are gonna be a thing, but that's exactly what people used to say about DHs. Just out of curiosity, why do you think tinkers will never be a class?
    Imagine a Tinker with the profession of Engineering. Imagine a Tinker without the profession of Engineering.

Which is weirder...

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Yeah, I'm really into High Elves for the Alliance, since Blizzard's main issues with them was their numbers (There's only a few of them) and them looking the same as the Blood Elves, but both of those got solved with Pandas.

Pandas? As in the race blizzard said they didn't want to deny anyone pandas? but don't like neutral races and isnt setting a precedent?
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-05-24 at 03:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Imagine a Tinker with the profession of Engineering. Imagine a Tinker without the profession of Engineering.

Which is weirder...
    Neither, since according to this leak the Tinker class is going to revolve around piloting and enhancing a mech. None of that revolves around the engineering profession.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsoldier06 View Post

This alone put me over the edge to assume it's fake. Why would alliance and horde combine together to defeat some nagas when we've been battling the burning legion themselves, having them invade us and still be fighting a war against each other. Fake leak.
    Well, they talk about it here:
    •The Faction Allegiance System is also one of the proposed ideas for letting people play with players of the opposite faction. It's not intended to be an Expansion centered feature, but an overall game one. The idea still lacks serious developement, as the team would have to face some difficulties, like allowing cross-faction comunication using common and orcish, or giving the common language to all horde races instead of orcish, and the fact that some dungeons, raids and events are faction-designed.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Pandas? As in the race blizzard said they didn't want to deny anyone pandas? but don't like neutral races?
    Pandaren look the same in the Alliance as they do in the Horde, so the problem of High Elves looking the same as Blood Elves isn't an issue anymore. Also, at the start of MoP, only a few Pandaren joined the Alliance (Tushui) and the Horde (Huojin), and I'm pretty sure there were less Tushui Pandaren than High Elves in the Alliance, so, there's no real reason for Blizzard to not make the High Elves playable at this point.
    Last edited by mmocc8fa929303; 2017-05-24 at 03:46 AM. Reason: High Elf answer

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaren look the same in the Alliance as they do in the Horde, so the problem of High Elves looking the same as Blood Elves isn't an issue anymore. Also, at the start of MoP, only a few Pandaren joined the Alliance (Tushui) and the Horde (Huojin), and I'm pretty sure there were less Tushui Pandaren than High Elves in the Alliance, so, there's no real reason for Blizzard to not make the High Elves playable at this point.
    The fact that they look the same isn't the problem.

The fact is that its been a horde race for over ten years, they arent going to give you that race, Blizzard obviously doesn't give high elves the level of importance as they did pandaren. The whole point is that they wanted both factions to have pandaren, despite not liking neutral races. As far as helf population numbers, there are so few of them that they don't even count as a race, blizzards own words. So there are actual reasons why high elves have not, and will continue to be playable, unless its in a fake leak in which it will totally happen.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-05-24 at 03:58 AM.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Willybert View Post
    If Ogres ever become a playable race for the Horde, Vrykul will also become playable for the Alliance in the same expansion, I think. Just for balance.

Sorry gotta disagree there. High Elves are just Blood Elves. A big part of why Blood Elves were added in the first place was to help faction imbalance. We need an actual new race, not just an Alliance version of a Horde race.

Deleted
    The fact that they look the same isn't the problem.
    -
    there are so few of them that they don't even count as a race, blizzards own words.
    Except for the fact that them looking the same was one of blizzard's issues for not including them, and the fact that there are less Alliance Pandaren than High Elves, and yet they still count as a Race.

Not to mention that the High Elves got the spotlight in the Isle of Thunder, and they were still relevant a few more times.

You see, the point here is just the ammount of players wanting them to be playable. I said I was into it, and I said that those two main reasons Blizzard used to defend are no longer real, BUT, I do know there's only a few players who really want them to be playable, so, I know it's unlikely.

-

Someone also said (but it dissapeared) that Alliance got Draenei when the Horde got the B-Elves, and that I wanted the H-Elves to be in the Alliance kinda like for no reason but for them looking like the B-Elves.

Uh, I was talking of them as posible playable race for the Alliance, if the Horde got the Naga, not just because.
    Last edited by mmocc8fa929303; 2017-05-24 at 04:10 AM.

Fuck me this thread still going?

10+ Year Old Account
    Except for the fact that them looking the same was one of blizzard's issues for not including them, and the fact that there are less Alliance Pandaren than High Elves, and yet they still count as a Race.
    I'm not sure what the argument is here, Pandaren were intended for both factions, regardless of who plays them.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    I'm not sure what the argument is here, Pandaren were intended for both factions, regardless of who plays them.
    No one said anything about who plays them :/

The thing is, Blizzard said that there were only a few High Elves left, so they don't even count as a race nor are relevant in the Alliance anymore. Wellp, turns out they're still relevant up until MoP. Also, turns out Blizzard decided to make Pandaren a playable race for both factions, even though there were only a handfull of them in each faction (Pandaren, not players), and that means there obviously are less Pandaren than High Elves in the Alliance, so, their number isn't that important after all.

I just think Blizzard didn't want to make High Elves playable back in TBC because of those two reasons they used to say, but after MoP and the Pandaren those reasons are obsolete and they may reconsider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Igneous42 View Post
    Sorry gotta disagree there. High Elves are just Blood Elves. A big part of why Blood Elves were added in the first place was to help faction imbalance. We need an actual new race, not just an Alliance version of a Horde race.
    THIS is an actual reason for Blizzard to not make the H-Elves playable, I think. Alliance players could feel like Blizzard is just giving them an old BC-Horde race, while the Horde gets something new, and that's not fair.
    Last edited by mmocc8fa929303; 2017-05-24 at 04:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, Blizzard said that there were only a few High Elves left, so they don't even count as a race nor are relevant in the Alliance anymore. Wellp, turns out they're still relevant up until MoP. Also, turns out Blizzard decided to make Pandaren a playable race for both factions, even though there were only a handfull of them in each faction (Pandaren, not players), so, their number isn't that important.
    relevant in being the hated punching bag of the blood elves a fragment of a fragment, a group so small that they are described as a fading memory. That's pretty much all they exist for. Not really relevance.

I just think Blizzard didn't want to make High Elves playable back in TBC because of those two reasons they used to say, but that after MoP and the Pandaren those reasons are obsolete, and they may reconsider it.
    They didn't want to make high elves playable in Vanilla, They obviously didn't in BC and still don't now. none of that stuff became obsolete. They aren't going to consider anything that would harm their faction balance regardless which is the big reason that remains unchanging, which takes the leaked "faction betrayal" or whatever you call it hilariously unlikely as well.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-05-24 at 04:26 AM.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    relevant in being the hated punching bag of the blood elves a fragment of a fragment, a group so small that they are described as a fading memory. That's pretty much all they exist for. Not really relevance.
    Yet they still faced the Blood Elves in the Isle of Thunder, and purged them from Dalaran in the same Expansion. They also had some presence back in WotLK in Northrend, and more than the Blood Elves as far as I remember to be honest.

They didn't want to make high elves playable in Vanilla, They obviously didn't in BC and still don't now. none of that stuff became obsolete. They aren't going to consider anything that would harm their faction balance regardless which is the big reason that remains unchanging,
    *Sighs* So, you are just repeating yourself over and over saying Blizzard doesn't want them to be playable because reasons. I'm saying that two of their main reasons (the ones they used to say when asked about the H-Elves) are no longer relevant because they included a Race regardless of them, beign those reasons their numbers and they looking the same in both factions.

*Shrugs* I also said this:
    THIS is an actual reason for Blizzard to not make the H-Elves playable, I think. Alliance players could feel like Blizzard is just giving them an old BC-Horde race, while the Horde gets something new, and that's not fair.
    -
    which takes the leaked "faction betrayal" or whatever you call it hilariously unlikely as well.
    Wtf are you talking about. No one said anything about that.

7+ Year Old Account
    and its pretty fucking awesome for me, would play both

also they make much sense for a "sea expansion" cause one are basically vikings and ogres are well know sailors
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-05-24 at 05:03 AM.

So the usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    4chan > Reddit
    Hmmm, bowel cancer versus pancreatic. How to choose?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.