Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Blizzard should just let us post the tokens on the auction house without dictating the prices.
    At the moment, Blizzard works to protect the most the people who give them 20$ for the token, and ensure they always get a good amount of gold for their token while still getting it sold within reasonable timeframe. I imagine most people who sell token to get gold don't want to bother with wow economy intricacies (otherwise they would have gold from playing the economy game and wouldn't need to buy it), so it's a wise move to protect them from scammers, undercutting wars, wanna-be-monopolists, TSM snipers and all the stuff they didn't want to deal with in the first place so they decided to buy gold.

For Blizzard, the most important customer is the person that buys the token for 20$, so the system is built in a way to protect them more than the people who sink gold into tokens on the other end.

Prices fell when the bnet balance rush came and went, hopefully it'll happen again here.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

There we go, it was bugged.

Can you go to the auction house and post the token at your price? No, you can not because blizzard is setting your token price. Nothing else i said. Stop making shit up.
    this is a very good argument for the token NOT being supply and demand controlled

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Of course there's a reason to buy gold. If I make $20 an hour, I'd buy gold because there's no way I'll make the token price in an hour of playing.

Lol @ all the people who don't understand basic economics. Please, stop making yourself look like a fool and get some education.
    what exactly are you going to buy in game that will make the game more fun or more worth playing? I would argue that the reason why the token prices continue to rise is because the game is just not fun enough and there is nothing interesting enough to pay large amounts of gold for.

Blizzard should just let us post the tokens on the auction house without dictating the prices. We wouldn't have this discussion here and people wouldn't accuse Blizzard for doing some shady stuff.
    Then there will be very few tokens sold, because if they let buyers dictate their buying prices, then they need to let sellers (those that bought the token from Blizzard for $20 to be sold in the AH for gold) do the same. What will like happen will be:

Buyers looking for to buy tokens for 20-50k per token
    Seller looking to sell their tokens for 200-500k per token.

Occasionally, you might have a buyer that will meet the seller's price or the seller that are willing to do vice-versa so we have a transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Of course there's a reason to buy gold. If I make $20 an hour, I'd buy gold because there's no way I'll make the token price in an hour of playing.

Lol @ all the people who don't understand basic economics. Please, stop making yourself look like a fool and get some education.
    There are lots of kids who cannot work. Also some Chinese, on welfare, etc.
    The average price is $1 per hour.

It can go as high as $10 per hour for new games, such as Diablo 3 at launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard should just let us post the tokens on the auction house without dictating the prices. We wouldn't have this discussion here and people wouldn't accuse Blizzard for doing some shady stuff.
    The current system helps the sellers.

For example, a seller sees the price at 100k gold.
    Buy a token and never sold it.
    He will feel really bad.

With the current system, the sellers get the gold immediately.
    If the price drop, Blizzard actually "creates" some gold.

Quote Originally Posted by 2about View Post
    Supply/Demand. Look it up.
    Wow token issues. Look it up.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...okens-removed/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    What the fuck are you on about? when I posted this, the token was not disabled yet. The price went up due to people buying a lot due to destiny 2 being avail for battle net balance.

Quote Originally Posted by 2about View Post
    What the fuck are you on about? when I posted this, the token was not disabled yet. The price went up due to people buying a lot due to destiny 2 being avail for battle net balance.
    Yesterday it is because of Overwatch's new loot box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Yesterday it is because of Overwatch's new loot box.
    /sigh.... look at the time i posted this shit. It was a couple of hours after destiny announcement,

Hmph. Good for Bobby's next gold toilet, I guess, that the exchange rate is going so high only AH moguls and carry-selling raid guilds can afford tokens for gold.

Meanwhile player activity may drop off as causal players using gold for gametime start to give up, me included. I could do 60k, even 100k, but I can't pull 120k in a month without spending extra time exclusively to make gold.

That's no fun and the game's not worth $15 a month especially in content lulls. Might be done until 8.0. Good luck all.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.