Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    doesn't make a whole lot of sense. the game is built for such a wide audience that it's only natural for individual players to be uninterested in all but a few areas of the game.

the correct answer to "what else is there?" would be "play another game" instead of "go play battle pets".

What was the metric for the 25%?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

I assume you're trying to make a joke about content, because, looking at your Armory, it appears you've only engaged with about 25% of Legion.
    Perfect answer to this moronic and indeed very unprofessional comment.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h2pW8IKKo2Q

Around the 5:30 mark to be precise.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-05-24 at 06:01 AM.

A troll getting called out on their bullshit with no insults or derogatory language and some people act otherwise. People just looking for excuses to complain for not getting the answers they want.

The response thread is full of laughs.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...4917221#post-1
    Ornyx response.
    Originally Posted by Ornyx
    Note: Pardon my after-hours post, I know this is no-CM hour :P

The WoW forums have always been a place of back and forths between CMs, Devs, and Players, and I've watched the back and forths between Lore, Kalgan, Tigole, Bashiok, Eyonix, Tseric, etc and our players for years, and I just want to be clear that we don't consider this anything new. I think it's what makes our forums a fun place while discussing serious issues. I'm appreciative of the overall conversation, though, and I've read through all of it, both on here and /r/wow, throughout the day.

My post in question was directed at a snarky player on the "there's no content" train who hadn't touched a good amount of Legion's content, including LFR, minus a wing of Nighthold. My comment to the player was only pointing out facts, albeit in a snarky way not unknown to the forums.

I think folks have gotten confused by the message on both sides. If you tell me, "There's nothing to do in Legion!" I'll tell you that's a lie, flat out. If you tell me, "There's nothing for *me* to do in Legion!" or "Nothing in this patch makes me want to play!" that's a topic I think we can discuss. Now, the post in question was the former, and, as said, in an attempt to be catty towards me, that comment was made. It's easy to delete a comment and move on, but it takes a lot more willpower to engage in a conversation, call out false statements (even if done half-assedly in a joking manner), and try to engage on the real issue.

Our team is not part of Customer Service, and we don't necessarily adhere to the same levels of 'professionalism' that they may in their day-to-day, and, even when we do, it's very much relaxed as it is in most of the industry. Not trying to put down our Customer Service compatriots in any way, they do a stellar job, I just think its important to note that our teams goals are different. My goal here is first and foremost engagement and community-building, and I'm given free rein to do that as I see fit (albeit to my own pleasure and detriment). I appreciate everyone here who talks about their time in CS roles, I've had some experience in them myself, and I understand the difference of the role vs the audience in both capacities.

An interesting note, but I don't see our team as 'professional', in the sense that we uphold ourselves to some golden, glorious, corporate standard. I consider us 'experts' in our crafts, but nothing more than players who sit at the developer's table who have been given blue text and sometime receive emails with information that you may not see.

05/23/2017 08:24 PMPosted by Shrew
    So GD's righteous indignation is chasing off another Blizzard employee? The only one that still posts here?
    No one's chasing me off, don't worry.

I think we can all stand to take and throw a few punches, and we'll all get along better if we have a bit of fun.
    Last edited by Greenmagoo; 2017-05-24 at 06:17 AM.

Deleted
    Why are people getting their panties in a bunch over this then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    He was not abused in this case. Not at all.
    The Blizzard rep was out of line and should be replaced.

And he wasent out of line. Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    And he wasent out of line. Not at all.
    He was and it's even worse in his response.
    "Out of line" is relative of course but most companies would not like their employees to act like this.
    It's more likely to turn customers away than bring in new ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herpie View Post
    As an employee, talking to a customer, you were completely out of line. Your remark of "i do whatever i want, i don't answer to anyone", is bullshit. You're a blizzard employee. You have superiors. I hope they make it clear to you why you were wrong, since apparently you don't get it.
    No he wasent, 2017 and you still think the "customer is always right" BS.
    The dudes tryed to be snorky and he responded accordingly.

It's funny how CM w/ the cutest avatar is the most savage of them all O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Maybe he was posting on an alt? Raid progress doesn't show up account-wide, only per character.
    Raid progress doesn't, but achievements do, unless you tick a somewhat unknown option in the interface menu to display only character achievements, in-game and in the armory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post

If you dont like the shit blizzard is shitting, then go and do other shit?
    Patch 7.2 is alot of shit, but legion overall is quite good .

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post

You clearly only read that part of the post then, and ignored the

"I think folks have gotten confused by the message on both sides. If you tell me, "There's nothing to do in Legion!" I'll tell you that's a lie, flat out. If you tell me, "There's nothing for *me* to do in Legion!" or "Nothing in this patch makes me want to play!" that's a topic I think we can discuss. "

But yeah man, stay sensitive.

So the poster that was quoted by Ornyx is not bothered by it.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...917221#post-18
    Quote Originally Posted by Relena
    It was me he responded to and his comment didn't bother me honestly.

I'm pretty sure I've seen more than a quarter of Legion anyway, so it's a moot point.

The response wasn't even that snarky or mean-spirited - it pointed out the truth.
    No cussing, no sass.
    And yet people still get offended by it?
    My, my, those who were offended are surely gonna become the "can I speak to your manager" kind of people, who think they can say and do whatever they want because they¡re "paying for it".
    Ugh.
    Great response by the blue, hilariously real.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...ofessionalism/

This, this makes me laugh so much...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It's their jobs.
    If they don't like it they should leave.

If your employees mock your customers for just about any reason, they should be removed or at the very least be disciplined.
    They are not helping themselves or the company by acting like the trolls they are mocking. It'll only creats more "shit", as you call it.
    Their job is to provide communication.
    If you want to define that as part of their job, then you pay a sufficient contribution to justify you making that decision.
    Until you have that amount of influence in their pay packet, you don't have the right to dictate how you should treat them.

Follow your own advice.
    If you don't like it, you leave.
    They won't miss you.
    Nor will we.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-05-24 at 06:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post
    The response wasn't even that snarky or mean-spirited - it pointed out the truth.
    No cussing, no sass.
    And yet people still get offended by it?
    My, my, those who were offended are surely gonna become the "can I speak to your manager" kind of people, who think they can say and do whatever they want because they¡re "paying for it".
    Ugh.
    Great response by the blue, hilariously real.
    I'm going to shorten this post somehow and make it my signature. Couldn't have said it better.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Deleted
    He was and it's even worse in his response.
    "Out of line" is relative of course but most companies would not like their employees to act like this.
    It's more likely to turn customers away than bring in new ones.
    Well you are right to your opinion, but i dont agree.
    True but most employers wont let their staff get harrased either.

And maybe you are a dude who needs his safe space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornyx View Post
    Pretty much, to be honest. If the comment was more along the lines of "There's nothing to do in Legion/7.2 for me", that's a different story. But saying there's no content when you've only done one wing of LFR and only a few dungeons doesn't really add up - especially in a dungeon-centric game like WoW is known to be.

Just answering the troll with a troll though. All in good fun.

Also, hi MMO-C!
    Thanks for the response Ornyx!

Keep up the good work over there! Also, cans I have some infos on 7.3 and the next expansion plz?! :P

damn some people are whiney bitches. if you think his comment was wrong or out of line, you need a fuckin reality check.