Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fadedmind View Post
    But their job isn't to instill morals into people or tell them how to play the game(withing reason i.e harassing threatening, cheating etc.)
    isnt it though ? last time it worked when they banned gearscore.

time for another action to moderate community accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    isnt it though ? last time it worked when they banned gearscore.

time for another action to moderate community accordingly
    For the last time I ask - what stops you from applying to groups (that require lower ilvl) that often wipe, have bad dps and so on but ultimately represent what you desire - a true challenge? Why do you want to run content with 900+ ilvl people? Having those 900+ people in your group would surely make things too easy essentially negating the whole challenge concept?
    Last edited by Mlz; 2017-05-23 at 09:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I thought about getting a guild, I'm willing to progress for my gear but i feel like I'm to low ilvl to do anything and I don't know who'd pick up a late bloomer like myself
    There is lots of guilds searching for players jjust to make the 20 cap on mythic raids, if you do the application right and have a good attitude I think they will consider picking you up.
    Look for 1-3/10 guilds imo.

Good luck

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandall View Post
    There is lots of guilds searching for players jjust to make the 20 cap on mythic raids, if you do the application right and have a good attitude I think they will consider picking you up.
    Look for 1-3/10 guilds imo.

Good luck
    But, but, but, only 1-3/10?? I want to kill mythic Gul'dan in my ilvl 850!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    The ever reoccuring thread, which only exists because some people really have trouble to look and different perspectives (the view of people opening the group). There reason clearly is not that your ilvl is not sufficient to defeat the content, it's just that the market is oversaturated with +900 ilvl chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    For the last time I ask - what stops you from applying to groups (that require lower ilvl) that often wipe, have bad dps and so on but ultimately represent what you desire - a true challenge? Why do you want to run content with 900+ ilvl people? Having those 900+ people in your group would surely make things too easy essentially negating the whole challenge concept?
    lack of such - nowadays every moron sets 900 + req for anything withough puting req in box because he doesnt meet them - which doesnt stop everybody from requiring 900 +

what would help was making script preventing puting itlv req in description only puting them into box so that 860 itlv morons cant require 900 itlv people and everyone would see imidately whats the itlv of creator of group thus not joining them. it would also filter better because low itlv wouldnt see those groups and "what eyes dont see heart dont miss".

additional they could make system inforce maximum itlv you can put in check box as minimal itlv of lowest geared person in party - then people would instnatly see that they have to boost some low itlv alt and dont waste time joining such group.

there are ways to prevent douchebag situations always - blizzard devs are simply incompetent and that the main problem - probably why they work in blizzard though -_-
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-05-24 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Hey

I recently took a 6 month break from wow because I got hooked a bit on Overwatch, and I wanted to play a little d3, so I kinda let wow go for a bit.
    I've since returned to wow, in a more casual way, but I'd still like to do things in game with involves raids or higher tier mythic dungeons.

I understand the path of progression and I shouldn't expect to raid mythic guldan as soon as I rejoined the game.
    But when I find myself struggling to get into regular mythic groups, it discourages me into even try to ask for groups for mythic+ or raids.
    I see stuff like "900+ for mythic+ 6", which is very insane. I understand the speed element of mythic+, but come on, the same goes for normal nighthold btw, 900+?
    I remember a post from a blizzard employee about the wq rewards and it should give you ilvl enough do nighthold normal.

Is 882 ilvl with 38 artifact traits really not good enough for mythic +6, nighthold normal and regular mythics?
    Am I just another lower ilvl DPS in a unlimited pool of 900+ super experienced dpsers?

I understand that this is player set rules and people decide exactly what they want for their raids but don't you remove 95% of the playerbase by having such restrictions?
    If anyone has any tips on how to get into groups for this (I've tried starting my own but nobody joins or I never get tanks/healers).
    This is the exact reason I can't find it in me to come back to the game at all now. Happened to me in mists, I couldn't do anything because I didn't have the legendary for a while. I couldn't even get into most flex groups and my ilvl was a bit over 550 and flex dropped 540 items. Couldn't get into any reasonable guild for the same reason. When I finally got my cloak, still couldn't do anything because my ilvl was too low. Wod, same story but this time I didn't even attempt the ring because I knew I was too far behind and groups were already requiring 7-710 ilvl for the mythic 5 mans, which basically didn't drop gear that I could use. People say join a guild, sure it helps to an extent, but you are joining guilds that can kill only a boss or so on a difficulty that drops items you can use. Hopeless to me, I'd rather spend my time playing something else

Deleted
    People don't want to invite "low" ilvl people, simlpy because they want to do it fast. To do it fast you need high geared people to blast through the content. In order to get these high geared people in, you need to set the incentive that all in the group are alike. And the high geared people do it because of AP, legendaries and the chance for a high titanforge. Which makes any content, content for high geared people. And if a group is 50/50 of low geared and high geared people, the high geared people might tend to leave, cause it could be faster to find another group with 100% high geared people, than to "carry" the lower geared people.

lack of such - nowadays every moron sets 900 + req for anything withough puting req in box because he doesnt meet them - which doesnt stop everybody from requiring 900 +

what would help was making script preventing puting itlv req in description only puting them into box so that 860 itlv morons cant require 900 itlv people and everyone would see imidately whats the itlv of creator of group thus not joining them. it would also filter better because low itlv wouldnt see those groups and "what eyes dont see heart dont miss".

additional they could make system inforce maximum itlv you can put in check box as minimal itlv of lowest geared person in party - then people would instnatly see that they have to boost some low itlv alt and dont waste time joining such group.

there are ways to prevent douchebag situations always - blizzard devs are simply incompetent and that the main problem - probably why they work in blizzard though -_-
    Ok, so essentially you dislike people who are at around the same or lower gear-level level than you and who want to be carried. Who would have thought! I'm pretty sure most players dislike such people but it has absolutely nothing to do with groups that require 900+ ilvl and enfore that rule. I cannot remember a single time I have joined a 900+ group in this expansion and there was someone lower geared in, not once. It happened occasionally during Archi runs in WoD but as soon as lower geared people were spotted, people (including me) left. When it comes to your suggestion to show lowest geared person in group - sure, I'm all for it, I really liked that feature with OQ when it was active but I do hope you understand that you've been barking at the wrong tree. Actual 900+ ilvl groups (not those who just type 900+ and have an average ilvl at around 880 probably) do not exist to spite you - they fulfill the needs of those who have done the raid 10-20 times already and who for that reason overgear it but want to run it for a potential drop here or there or for offspec legendary, with minimal time waste.
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Ok, so essentially you dislike people who are at around the same or lower gear-level level than you and who want to be carried. Who would have thought! I'm pretty sure most players dislike such people but it has absolutely nothing to do with groups that require 900+ ilvl and enfore that rule. I cannot remember a single time I have joined a 900+ group in this expansion and there was someone lower geared in, not once. It happened occasionally during Archi runs in WoD but as soon as lower geared people were spotted, people (including me) left. When it comes to your suggestion to show lowest geared person in group - sure, I'm all for it, I really liked that feature with OQ when it was active but I do hope you understand that you've been barking at the wrong tree. Actual 900+ ilvl groups (not those who just type 900+ and have an average ilvl at around 880 probably) do not exist to spite you - they fulfill the needs of those who have done the raid 10-20 times already and who for that reason overgear it but want to run it for a potential drop here or there or for offspec legendary, with minimal time waste.
    im not sure what else you were reading - anyone with half idea of how current system knows that if you put in 900 into check box for itlv it atuomatckly only shows your group to people with equal of higher itlv - and people do not feel excluded out of those as they simply cannot see that group in group finder with lower itlv .

main problem are people who are 880-890 but requiring only 900-910+ geared people instead playing with people on their level (or some extreme cases like 830 people req 900 itlv for mythic 0 in pure shamelful bash for boost )- why they do it i understand perfeckly - but my understanding of reason doesnt change the fact that is toxic for game overall and should be dealt with somehow since clearly playerbase doesnt police itself well enough. this is where devs should kick in and solve it.

im not sure what else you were reading - anyone with half idea of how current system knows that if you put in 900 into check box for itlv it atuomatckly only shows your group to people with equal of higher itlv - and people do not feel excluded out of those as they simply cannot see that group in group finder with lower itlv .

main problem are people who are 880-890 but requiring only 900-910+ geared people instead playing with people on their level (or some extreme cases like 830 people req 900 itlv for mythic 0 in pure shamelful bash for boost )- why they do it i understand perfeckly - but my understanding of reason doesnt change the fact that is toxic for game overall and should be dealt with somehow since clearly playerbase doesnt police itself well enough. this is where devs should kick in and solve it.
    Then maybe state it clearly that you are not actually talking about 900+ groups but about those groups that would prefer such players but actually have low geared people instead? It's so difficult to understand you since you ramble a lot and you assume people read your mind. Yes, people who are not 900 ilvl cannot see these groups that require 900+ ilvl but they certainly do know they exist and that's what I've been getting - that you oppose such groups since they exclude lower ilvl people since they want quicker clears/no re-reprogress (no challenge in your words) etc.

Just to quote some of your posts -

i like how you call others for wanting to play "half assed" when those people are the ones who want chalenge in dungeons by doin them in intended itemlevel while in fact its you who want to do them "half assed" overgearing by 20 itlv so you dont have to worry about any mechanics in there
    just be honest - all you want is feel better about yourself by excluding others from activity in game.
    yup but you are already behind gearing curve - better luck next expansion because this one you are already fucked and wont join any decent groups.
    yes we get it that you all want smooth 10 minutes clears - but by doin this you are toxic to community and community responds in ignoring such ineffective tool .
    Literally all I'm reading is that those mean 900+ ilvl players create their own groups and they refuse to invite your low geared toon so you get upset and call them toxic and demand a punishment for them. And judging by other people who have replied to you in this thread, they have understood it in the same way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    If you pause in WoW badly and trying getting back mid content without any inGame catch-up mechanism thats what you get. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    What does this point mean, there is so much catchup in this game most stuff is trivial garbage

Quote Originally Posted by badmdog View Post
    Maybe its a parasite's way, but on the otherhand I learned alot over the years. I have been kicked alot of times duo arguments with a leader about loot. Being kicked for being to low ilvl. In the 11 years of playtime I learned that you need to stand up for urself.
    How did you learn anything over 11 years in this area, when this gearing solution has only been possible in Legion with the welfare super trivial gearing.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2017-05-24 at 02:35 PM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Honestly.

I joined a 900+ ilvl + curve raid just to do a quick heroic gul'dan to coin trinket. Regardless of the requirements the raid was full of people that had absolutely no clue and must have bought the achievement/gear through boosts. Players were not breaking their own chains even with people in it. Players standing on tanks. Players dropping fire on tanks/melee. Players stacking when eyes come out. And the 2/3 times we reached last phase multiple players dieing to storm........

It was a total shitfest. So obviously people will increase the requirements to 910+ ilvl and 8/10 mythic achievement. Which funny enough is a type of raid that is still relatively easy to put together due to the large amounts of available players.

Ok I will give you the path to 920 IL right now and ultimate success. You might not like my response but it will be 100% accurate and achievable. Remember that just like most things in life the effort you put in is usually in direction proportion to the effort you get out.

1. The first step is to stop making excuses and accept the fact that if you want to progress in the game you are going to have to put in effort on a daily basis.

2. Make a spreadsheet that has basically every single thing you can achieve in the game per week to progress your character
    a. Daily World Cache
    b. Daily AP World Quests
    c. Invasions
    d. All old Normal/Heroic/Mythic raids....Emerald Nightmare/ToV
    e. All base mythics for the week
    There are more but you get the idea just make sure you are doing every single thing possible in your control to advance your character.
    People have already mentioned the Sentinax and honestly if you do not have an 880 piece in every single slot you have not put in enough work...PERIOD. It might take a week of all our sentinax farming but you could have as people said 880 in every slot 3 880 relics and 2 legendaries in the next 10 days if you really made the effort. You would also get some WF/TF pieces from relinquished pieces.

3. Join a guild that is still progression through NH on the heroic difficulty. If you actually commit to the team, put in a decent application and interview, and show up every day and put in the effort there are literally hundreds of guilds out there that would be willing to take a player on for their team in heroic progression. It is not super hype raiding but it will give you the experience and slowly gear up your character as well.

4. Make sure you have an agenda for every second you are logged in. Far to many people just log in and have a good time with friends and mess around that there is 100% nothing wrong with that. If you would like to progress in raiding and your character that is a terrible use of your time. I have a very strict schedule as to what I need to accomplish each day so that I am always moving forward because again just like in life if you are stagnating you are falling behind period because there is someone else out there who is hungrier and is out working you. DO NOT GET OUT WORKED!!

5. The last thing is a bit harse but it needs to be said....Stop Whining...Seriously. Suck it up. If you want it go get it the only person holding you back is 100% yourself the sooner you recognize that the sooner you will understand that the march forward and the consistency of putting in the work every day is the only way to your goal and your overall defeatest attitude just rings as loud as possible. This is not a game problem or a community problem this is a YOU problem. Quite literally every single resource is there for any player who is commited to their constant improvement and if you are IL 882 you have put in almost zero effort into taking advantage of them.

I hope you realize this was in no way meant to be rude I am just trying to be honest with you.

Jadawin

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Find a guild.
    This is by far the best and most accurate response.

Love this threads.

"Let's take the random 882 dude instead of the random 900 dude also available on the queue...".

You could...

1) Join a guild
    2) Start your own group

Seriously, there is no reason whatsoever for people to give a 'chance' on a random low ilvl when there are so many random high ilvl players available, in particular dps. Deal with it. Also, there are SO MANY sources of gear nowadays, you can easily scratch 890-900 ilvl without any real effort. Nethershard gambles, world quests, crafting, emissaries, weekly chest, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    This is by far the best and most accurate response.
    there is 1 problem with it - most of guilds deterirated into very toxic and very elitests shades of its former self over the years that atm they accomodate either only super casuals wh treat them only as chat tool or uper echelon of mythic raiders who cater only to those who can provide them with mega logs or thsoe who have been there for years and this is only reason they are treated well

the guilds in between died of

best example was in one of last preach interviews when he admited that for years he had no clue bow restricitive application procces was for his guild (because it wasnt him who done all dirty work) while blindly promoting how amazing guilds are

Deleted
    there is 1 problem with it - most of guilds deterirated into very toxic and very elitests shades of its former self over the years that atm they accomodate either only super casuals wh treat them only as chat tool or uper echelon of mythic raiders who cater only to those who can provide them with mega logs or thsoe who have been there for years and this is only reason they are treated well

the guilds in between died of

best example was in one of last preach interviews when he admited that for years he had no clue bow restricitive application procces was for his guild (because it wasnt him who done all dirty work) while blindly promoting how amazing guilds are
    Your latter point just isn't correct. You can join Stark (Preaches Guild) without any requirement. Which is why they have exceeded the maximum character number in a guild. If you want to be in their mythic progression team, you have to go through a strict process... who'd have thought so???? The video you are talking about is about managing a raiding guild, which Stark primarily isn't. So what he describes is how you become a member of their first raid team, which is what most raiding guilds consist of.

And yes, being in a guild that suits the way you play is by far the easiest way to find good groups of players. You can do it by adding a lot of people to your FL, but in the end that's a lot more hassle than finding a guild of like minded people.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    So basically the 95% needs to get together then and do stuff together?
    Exactly!
    One minute they complain
    "So many of us are being left out!"
    Then the next it's
    "No one wants to group with me!"

If there's so many having this problem, why oh why can't they get together and solve it?
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-05-26 at 01:00 PM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    Preach left them
    And what guild is he in now? Not like this, the other half of Stark, that is in the same "guild chat channel" and is there, because there is a maximum number of players in a guild.
    Last edited by mmoc41520863c8; 2017-05-26 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Found the guild name