Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Garrosh, Blackhand, Archimonde and Mythic Helya

Paragons of the Klaxxi 25hc was the best fight ever. The fight really felt like a battle.

Deleted
    Heroic Lich King, just because it was so cool

Deleted
    This is my list:

Vanilla: Didn't play here
    Burning crusade: Didnt really raid here. Only did karazhan and gruul's lair
    Wotlk: Hodir
    Cata: Rhyolith
    Pandara: Durumu
    WoD: Hansgar and Franzok (mythic)
    Legion (so far): Star Augur (mythic)

This list is what I found most interesting and not exactly what I think is designed the best.
    The best designed one I would give to Ko'ragh.

Deleted
    Blackhand and Togar in BRF as well as Helya on Mythic, a case could be made for Gul'dan Mythic if it wasn't for the 7 - 8 minutes of buildup before the good parts of the fight starts.

Yogg 0 without any doubt.
    Im not reffering to a difficulty scale, but more on overall encounter design.
    That atmosphere combined with lot of mechanics was top enjoyment Ive felt in this game so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Paragons of the Klaxxi 25hc was the best fight ever. The fight really felt like a battle.
    A lot of people I know disliked Paragon's, but I felt like it was supremely well made. So much to think about. I think the exhilaration from our kill was way more intense than the feeling we got killing Siegecrafter, despite the last phase of Paragon's being a relatively easy dps burn.

--

On another note, add fights are always quite hit and miss. Deathwhisper and Il'gynoth were some of the better ones imo - I think waves of adds on a timer can quickly be out-geared, causing a lot of waiting around. What other add fights were decent?

Lich king for me. Epic and well designed fight on all levels

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    Original 4 Horseman from Vanilla Naxx.

8 groups of 5 people having to rotate around a room coordinating so perfectly to ensure that noone died.

I only ever got 2 nights of attempts on it before TBC came out but the kill videos from the world first guilds were amazing to watch.
    This is my number 1 by far aswell.
    Also in no particular order:
    - (eye of) C'Thun
    - all bosses in bwl/ZG (still my favorite raids up to this day)
    - Sulfuron
    - Lich King
    - Star Augur (the scenery)
    - Chess in Karazhan (one of the few who actually liked doing this every week)
    -

LK25H, Garrosh 25H, and Blackfuse Heroic

My favourite encounter was always Algalon.

Deleted
    Operator Thogar on Mythic was the most fun I've had on a fight for as long as I can remember.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yogg Saron and the Lich King stand out in my memory, but of course I haven't done them as current content for several years now, so it's hard to say how they would hold up with today's player base even if all the other conditions could be recreated.

I like the ideas behind Chromatic Anomaly and Elisande - different ways of playing with time - even if both fights feel trivial now. I always appreciate when Blizz thinks of something new to try.

I always liked that Shannox didn't just sit there waiting for us to come gank him. Yeah, his AI wasn't that sophisticated, but Blizz should do more to make boss AIs less predictable and more interactive. Why is a mastermind like Kil'Jaeden going to sit around waiting for us to come get him? Maybe something we do in raid could trigger him to send boss-level lieutenants looking for us, attacking us in the corridors, etc. Maybe they won't all wait for ready checks. That would mix things up a bit.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    I always liked that Shannox didn't just sit there waiting for us to come gank him. Yeah, his AI wasn't that sophisticated, but Blizz should do more to make boss AIs less predictable and more interactive. Why is a mastermind like Kil'Jaeden going to sit around waiting for us to come get him? Maybe something we do in raid could trigger him to send boss-level lieutenants looking for us, attacking us in the corridors, etc. Maybe they won't all wait for ready checks. That would mix things up a bit.
    You mean something like described in this section of comic: http://www.darklegacycomics.com/574 ? I would really agree that boss not waiting for the raid could be interesting, but in reality our protadin constantly autoruns or sleepwalks into bosses anyway, so we get out pull w/o a timer *rofl*

I would say from my personal view Galakras, just cause the times I was only one left alone to finish the dragon off cannot be counted with one hand ^^.

But few of my favorites are
    Cataclysm: Maloriak from BWD along with Ryolith (driving the big rock always fun) from Firelands
    Pandaria: Spoils from SoO
    Draenor: Thogar from BRF
    Legion: Star Augur from NH, just cause the different skies which "paint" the picture are just cool.

I cannot really believe that I say this (the gal who has never been strong with mechanics and grasping those on the fly) that the encounters in Legion are way to "simple" (at least in anything below mythic difficulty) and allow way too many mistakes. True the group of mine wouldn't have gotten to the point where we are at the present day if raids would be as difficult as I remember from the time I started to raid, but the lack of challange on majority of the bosses is just so boring...
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-05-24 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    doing this in vanilla as the 3rd OT I nearly shit my pants every ~5-10 seconds
    Doing this (Patchwerk) as a warlock in Vanilla, in a raid with 3 other warlocks was fun. We knew we couldn't afford the healing from healers so we pretty much budgeted all the mana we'd need and all the means of getting said mana before the fight. Theoretical was we'd be wanding for half a minute or so. On the kill I got a renew and rejuv and all was good
    Last edited by dakalro; 2017-05-24 at 09:20 AM.

The Hogger, obv (and no that shitty thing inside stockade, but the true, unistanced, vanilla master race Hogger).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    You mean something like described in this section of comic: http://www.darklegacycomics.com/574 ? I would really agree that boss not waiting for the raid could be interesting, but in reality our protadin constantly autoruns or sleepwalks into bosses anyway, so we get out pull w/o a timer *rofl*

I would say from my personal view Galakras, just cause the times I was only one left alone to finish the dragon off cannot be counted with one hand ^^.

But few of my favorites are
    Cataclysm: Maloriak from BWD along with Ryolith (driving the big rock always fun) from Firelands
    Pandaria: Spoils from SoO
    Draenor: Thogar from HFC
    Legion: Star Augur from NH, just cause the different skies which "paint" the picture are just cool.

I cannot really believe that I say this (the gal who has never been strong with mechanics and grasping those on the fly) that the encounters in Legion are way to "simple" (at least in anything below mythic difficulty) and allow way too many mistakes. True the group of mine wouldn't have gotten to the point where we are at the present day if raids would be as difficult as I remember from the time I started to raid, but the lack of challange on majority of the bosses is just so boring...
    Thogar is from BRF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halobob87 View Post
    The Hogger, obv (and no that shitty thing inside stockade, but the true, unistanced, vanilla master race Hogger).

- - - Updated - - -

Thogar is from BRF.
    Missed only by a tier, good. But a fun and enjoyable fight, unless you are the tank who has to deal with the adds cause DPS are not "that good".

Lei Shen, Blackfuse, Blackhand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lich King HC
    Mimiron Firefighter
    Siegcrafter Blackfuse HC
    Kil Jaeden

are my favorites. Didn't raid during Firelands, but Ragnaros looks pretty good. So does Blackhand. Lei Shen might have been well designed, but terrible for my class so I'm biased about that one.

Deleted
    Helya, blackhand and archimonde (mainly M for archimonde) Thogar. Also gorefiend Mythic, that fight was fun