Thread: Class Challenge

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1i3t0 View Post
    One minor disappointment with Assa appearance — it looked purple during cinematics but turned out its light blue — wtf?
    Not sure... i simply dislike how those tiny dagger look behind the back of my undead rogue, it looks like its glued there with no intent or purpose. A bit sad but i am transmogging those weapons.
    They went well with my blue Bloodfang recolor set, but the red tint (kill the final boss of every dungeon in any difficulty level) goes even better with standard Bloodfang.

Did they make agatha move more frequently in the outlaw challenge? Shes porting every 10% after 50% on me now and she most certainly was not doing this before.

update
    Ugh. Got it done but man I have to give blizz poor marks here. There was very little to this encounter beyond a lot of luck and dodging fire rocks. The occasional kick/gouge/blind but other than that...

Targeting was my biggest issue tbh, tab tends to target that fat wretch in the middle and trying to click through the lard ass to target a tiny imp isn't any better.
    Last edited by Zabatakis; 2017-04-20 at 07:49 AM.

885 assa w/ leg boots + pants. Took about 8 attempts. I enjoyed it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    I keep getting owned by the valkyries. I basically have 0 trouble with any mechanic except that. They sometimes just spawn without any warning.
    There is a huge warning.

I keep getting owned by the valkyries. I basically have 0 trouble with any mechanic except that. They sometimes just spawn without any warning.
    There is a big warning about them going to charge. If you have trouble dodging them run towards the hole so you can aim better.

Also during the stage when only the caster gets empowered every time, use your blind on sigryn every once in a while so that you don't have to worry about the valkyr's for 35 seconds!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Wunju View Post
    There is a huge warning.
    Never seen any warnings

Sometimes she does an emote and sometimes they just spawn. Maybe I've become 'banner-blind' due to all the shit happening on the screen.

Thanks anyway lads.

7+ Year Old Account
    just finished sub one, feels fucking good... 905 ilvl legs + trinket for phase 1, boots + trinket for phase 2.

If i have 1 advice for last phase, it's take it slow, make sure the boss is on the edge when you pull, kite back -> walk forward after to make sure you're not teleporting with SS in the shadow pool. If you place the boss well you have enough space to do 3 sets of adds and then the dps requierd is not that high, keep evasion for enrage after 3rd sets of adds.

Finished the sub one yesterday, so finally done with all 3. Feels good man.jpg

General tips for anybody struggling:

Assassination: Meme Challenge. Alacrity and Leeching Poison = gg. Keep rupture up and DP on all 3. Save Kingsbane and Vendetta for Shield if you have trouble breaking it. Blind her Berserk, watch for Valkyries. Best legendaries, definitely pants for healing, shoulders, they're op and help if you need the dps to break the shield and then probably boots to make this snoozefest end faster.

Outlaw: Saberslash talent, acrobatic strikes, mfd, alacrity, iron stomach. Kind of a breeze too, to be honest.

Best advice I can give you that helped me finally kill it, was realizing that my overall dps and rate I killed the boss was basically irrelevant. Everybody complains about shitty rolls (and for good reason), but that made me realize that you do have control over them. Unless the shield is up, use curse or adr to roll until you get decent buffs. Once I changed to that way of looking at the fight, I 2 shot it. First one I died at 5% to a stray boulder, I think I was too excited. Other tip, don't use mfd on the boss. Every, except on your opening rtb. I would also recommend just sitting and fishing for a good set of opening buffs before you actually pull. You have as long as you need. After doing those things, it was pretty easy. Mfd on imps is gg. Make sure you have Blade Flurry on except when there are 0 imps up, and make sure you are always cleaning onto her from the imps.

Legendaries, shoulders (for shield/imps) > trinket to clear imp waves, > belt for healing and burst on imps > pants for healing > greenskins for dps > ravenholdt for dps > prydaz for shield.

Oh, and discredit the whole grand melee being awesome thing. It's not as great are some are saying. Tb still by far best for this. Most of my healing came from greed procs from so many run throughs.

Sub: Hardest imo, still not very bad.

Save a ShadowDance charge for each ice trap, Shuriken storm and evis spam on 1 line of them. Pretty easily resets shadow dance with 10 cp every storm. Remember to take it slow. You have all the time in the world on the Archmage phase. Use sprint/shadowstep/nitro boost/cloak of shadows to get to him in the arcane part. I use sprint and shadow step for odd ones, and cloak for even ones. Joke of a mechanic for us. Interrupt the draw power, eventually I mean. You get ages before he gains stacks so don't panic if he gets 1-2.

Last phase is basically the opposite. All about dps. Not much about mechanics. You either have the damage, or you don't. Tips to help people make the check tho: For seeds, sprint directly across the room until you hit the wall. This gives you stealth opener on them. Use Shuriken storm to build up night blades and keep them slowed. What I did to help make the check here was get all of them to about 10% or less, and slowed, and then stop hitting them and reposition myself as close to the shadow pool as I could and against the wall, Night blade finished them off. Make sure when the phase starts, stand against the wall directly behind him. I S keyed to make sure I was outside the shadow pools throughout the encounter. Save cloak for if you step too far out and shadow strike puts you inside the pool. Save Evasion for when he enrages.

Legendaries: Cloak (makes killings adds in p2 slightly easier, but makes ice wall a joke.) > shoulders (killing p2 adds a joke) > pants ( for healing) > other dps ones.

Overall: I had a lot of fun doing all of them. Pretty disappointed that the Assassination one was such a joke. Final stats: 907 ilvl, Assassination: 1 try, 39 pts(traits). Outlaw: 14 tries, 38 pts. Sub: 7 tries, 35 pts. I realize it looks silly that I took twice as long on the Outlaw one but say the Sub one is harder, that's honestly because I wasn't realizing how useful it was to instead use cds to guarantee good rolls.

Just posting a few things that helped me with the Sub challenge, apologies if they've been said before.

Legendaries: I ran with boots and pants to start, and would definitely take one utility legendary. You drop combat between phases, so be sure to swap your utility legendary for another dps one, short of standing on the void zones you shouldn't take much damage in the final phase.

Phase 1:
    -If you pull Xylem to the very center of the platform he'll often blink within ShS range, letting you ignore razor ice. This can be repeated by stunning him when he's about to cast the ability again, giving ShS time to come off CD before the next razor ice. Word of warning though, sometimes his teleport will take him out of range.

-Save a ShD charge or two when you're getting close to his mirror image phase. You can sprint + cloak as well but I preferred to save that for bad situations. P1 is slow, just play it safe.

Phase 2:
    -As stated, change out your utility legendary for a dps one when you drop combat.

-On the adds, opening with flickering shadows > 3 CSs > 3 nightblades helped me a lot. Also, don't forget your other CC if they're getting close to the void area, I know I had to KS once or twice. As others have noted, don't vanish during the add phase because it tends to make the adds evade.

-Watch out for the enrage; the spell effects for the void area can be a bit weird on the very edges of the platform and it hits really hard with the enrage.

I completed it at 900 ilvl using standard consumables and drums.

Deleted
    Weird how poorly blizzard prepared for these challenges. The first time you were able to use order hall potions for massive advantage. The second time was probably ok. But the third time in Eu there was Command center at the same time and apparently the buffs provided by factions of the Broken isles worked inside the challenge. And they are op as hell also

Completed Outlaw finally after ~20 tries. Was reasonably challenging; it really did feel like it came down to rolls. I ended up using pants + neck because I didn't have any other great legendaries. I think MFD is much more worthwhile than DFA. I burst her down before the super wave in P1 which was what ended up making the difference I think. Got a lot easier after P1, only needed to see 2nd phase onward three times.

Deleted
    Damn, the difference with the legendary cloak on the sub challenge is night and day, took 2 tries after I got the cloak. was not even close to kill the adds on the last phase before.
    And damn the sub daggers are really really ugly, especially as blood elfs now with the bigger weapons, they have infused to my buttocks.

Last edited by mmoc3c32484403; 2017-04-26 at 01:22 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mear View Post
    Damn, the difference with the legendary cloak on the sub challenge is night and day, took 2 tries after I got the cloak. was not even close to kill the adds on the last phase before.
    And damn the sub daggers are really really ugly, especially as blood elfs now with the bigger weapons, they have infused to my buttocks.

Grats on those dagger XD... I totally agree with you on size. Since they made all weapon bigger on BE in 7.2 most dagger are looking way way oversized.
    Last edited by Kalador; 2017-04-25 at 10:26 PM.

I need som good tips and advises for the Outlaw challange.

I did the assa challange on the first day the tower was up, Sub after I got the needed legendarys (cloak and vallera/Prydaz for P1/2 and Shoulders and boots for the thrid pahse) and managed to get a try where I don't fucking teleport in the shadows behind this tiny hitbox boss.

But Outlaw...I get her a few times in "P3" and "P4", but only if I get some realy good rolls. And even then, most of the times I get realy poor timings, like she teleport herself from down the instance back to the cave 1 second after she put her shield up...and then imps get summoned :-)
    But even in P1 I have serious problems with timings. Sometimes she summons the umbral (invincible) imps and then put her shield up, and I don't have enough DPS to burst imps first and then the shield.

My genreal strategy:
    - healing imps first with exeption she has the shield up
    - gauge/between the eyes the healing imps asap
    - umbral imps second in prior
    - damage imps third
    - exploding imps "kited" directly below her or to the side
    - safe at least one DPS CD for shield phase

I have item lvl 909 (with 16% leech) or item lvl 911 (with 10% leech), legendarys are mostly greenskins and shoulders.
    My overall DPS seems to be very low in comparsion with YT vids I saw, only about 700k overall. I roll for either two buffs or tb or grand melee (the leech talent)

It seems I just can't play outlaw in the slightest :-(

Can you do the other 2 challenges as SiN? I see both quests popping up without changing specs.

Can you do the other 2 challenges as SiN? I see both quests popping up without changing specs.
    It'll make you change spec when you try and enter.

Deleted
    GL doing an impossible foe as assassination

Quote Originally Posted by Faildevil View Post
    I need som good tips and advises for the Outlaw challange.

I did the assa challange on the first day the tower was up, Sub after I got the needed legendarys (cloak and vallera/Prydaz for P1/2 and Shoulders and boots for the thrid pahse) and managed to get a try where I don't fucking teleport in the shadows behind this tiny hitbox boss.

But Outlaw...I get her a few times in "P3" and "P4", but only if I get some realy good rolls. And even then, most of the times I get realy poor timings, like she teleport herself from down the instance back to the cave 1 second after she put her shield up...and then imps get summoned :-)
    But even in P1 I have serious problems with timings. Sometimes she summons the umbral (invincible) imps and then put her shield up, and I don't have enough DPS to burst imps first and then the shield.

My genreal strategy:
    - healing imps first with exeption she has the shield up
    - gauge/between the eyes the healing imps asap
    - umbral imps second in prior
    - damage imps third
    - exploding imps "kited" directly below her or to the side
    - safe at least one DPS CD for shield phase

I have item lvl 909 (with 16% leech) or item lvl 911 (with 10% leech), legendarys are mostly greenskins and shoulders.
    My overall DPS seems to be very low in comparsion with YT vids I saw, only about 700k overall. I roll for either two buffs or tb or grand melee (the leech talent)

It seems I just can't play outlaw in the slightest :-(
    What I did was I ran Prydaz and Will of Valeera and just focused on not dying. Talents were:
    Swordmaster
    Acrobatic Strikes
    Deeper Strategem
    Elusiveness
    Dirty Tricks
    Alacrity
    Marked for Death

I killed the Smoldering Imps first, and then the Umbrals (unless she was about to go into the bubble, in which case Umbrals come first). I just focused on not getting into trouble and using Feint to heal up whenever it was needed. I rolled for True Bearing and used CDs when they came up (except if she was about to go into bubble). Item level was 909 like you with 42 in the weapon. DPS in the end was something bad like 660K but it didn't matter because the DPS check (the bubble) only punishes you with ramping damage which you can counter with Will of Valeera. Eventually she died.
    Last edited by honung; 2017-05-24 at 01:46 PM.

ok, so the healing attempt...mhm. I will give it a shot, I have both legendarys. Definitly plus to this would be I can ignore grand melee as a valued buff.
    Thanks mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Faildevil View Post
    ok, so the healing attempt...mhm. I will give it a shot, I have both legendarys. Definitly plus to this would be I can ignore grand melee as a valued buff.
    Thanks mate!
    No problem. It's definitely not the only viable strategy, but it's what worked for me at least.