Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Oh I didn't forget at all. Why would I bother when I can click "holy" and "change spec" and be off and spamming one button as I romp through the instance instead?
    Because it is the most moronic design ever, having to change spec from dps to healer to deal damage?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I recently picked up my SPriest, which I hadn't played since before this change.

It is indeed painful as all hell to do any sort of burst AoE in farm or even world quest content. Shadow crash has such a long CD and travel time that it only makes the loss of instant mind sear feel worse >.>

But yea, I just switch to Holy Nova off-spec for old raids, acknowledging the fact that its silly that I have to do so.

I swear to god, Shadow is the only spec in the game where the people who play it ask Blizzard to nerf it. Everyone else throws a fit if their spec gets nerfed, but Spriest's are always like," We're too strong, it was good we we're toned down. We can adapt."

I applaud the maturity of Shadow's playerbase, but come on. Yes, you're an absolute game-master that has to push 97 buttons, while the plebs only push 4. When Daigo calls you up for advice, you don't even answer the phone.

But don't you wanna just run around nuking shit like everyone else, drinking beer, chatting on Discord, without having to do 10 times the effort of every other spec? Guess not, so "Roll another class" and "Switch to your HEALING spec" to do decent AoE is the best advice. Brother, I tells ya

Quote Originally Posted by Chantique View Post
    I just don't understand why we can't have an aoe... Affliction can spread 1 dot and have strong aoe. Balance also can spread 1 dot and have aoe. We are the only dot spec that can't neither aoe or spread 1 dot.

How is that fair?
    and then have everyone complain about class homogenization?

a) Misery talent: you don't get the initial SW:P damage that way
    b) Spec Holy: if mobs are dying from SW:P's initial damage, then there is no reason you need to be Shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    b) Spec Holy: if mobs are dying from SW:P's initial damage, then there is no reason you need to be Shadow.
    Now imagine same topic on warrior's sub forum. "Guys, to aoe down small mobs, you should go and spec Prot, because only prot have reliable aoe abilities". And the outrage that comes with it

Could you for a moment stop and think with your brains how ridiculous is your advice, seriously? "Spec healer if you want to deal damage". No, that's absurd, you spec healer when you want to heal, and there is a role in the game made specifically for dealing best damage in all possible scenarios. Its called a dps spec. When a healing spec is better than a dps spec in dealing damage, something is so seriously, fundamentally wrong at so many levels.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Now imagine same topic on warrior's sub forum. "Guys, to aoe down small mobs, you should go and spec Prot, because only prot have reliable aoe abilities". And the outrage that comes with it

Could you for a moment stop and think with your brains how ridiculous is your advice, seriously? "Spec healer if you want to deal damage". No, that's absurd, you spec healer when you want to heal, and there is a role in the game made specifically for dealing best damage in all possible scenarios. Its called a dps spec. When a healing spec is better than a dps spec in dealing damage, something is so seriously, fundamentally wrong at so many levels.
    DPS specs are designed around having tools to perform in relevant content. Legacy content- where mobs can die in one hit- isn't relevant, and the amount of damage you do is irrelevant. If there was current content where you had to spec Holy or Disc to do more damage, you'd have a point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Because it is the most moronic design ever, having to change spec from dps to healer to deal damage?
    It's legacy content, for Heaven's sake! WTF is wrong with you? 1st world problems...

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    DPS specs are designed around having tools to perform in relevant content. Legacy content- where mobs can die in one hit- isn't relevant, and the amount of damage you do is irrelevant. If there was current content where you had to spec Holy or Disc to do more damage, you'd have a point.
    Who are you or we to say legacy content is irrelevant when they still have mounts, pets and transmogs / achievements in them to complete? Every new expansion they add new shit in legacy content to farm and u claim old raids and dungeons should be ignored in terms of class balance? Or we even dare to advise ppl to spec holy if we wanna aor down low health mobs? There are many leggacy bosses that u cant kill as holy cause if u dont zerg them fast enough they activate one shot mechanics or reset cause they CC you. Oh right we need to change spec to deal with trash and bosses seperately. My holy main can reach up to 2M aoe with a tuure proc and holy nova spam on a trash pull with 10mobs in a current content dungeon or raid, while my poor shadow spec can only watch other specs to kill them. And this is balanced right? Our community has serious issues...

Deleted
    What about the 50 grubs killing quest on the Broken Shore? Or the 30 imps one? Is that current enough for you naysayers? Or are the goalposts going to shift again?

Quote Originally Posted by lifebinderx View Post
    Who are you or we to say legacy content is irrelevant when they still have mounts, pets and transmogs / achievements in them to complete? Every new expansion they add new shit in legacy content to farm and u claim old raids and dungeons should be ignored in terms of class balance?
    Irrelevant in the sense that legacy content doesn't factor in to how classes are balanced from a numerical or mechanic standpoint: Blizzard isn't factoring in how efficiently you can one-shot mobs in old raids when they design specs. (Old Fire Nova is even worse than current SP in this regard, actually)

Or we even dare to advise ppl to spec holy if we wanna aor down low health mobs?
    I don't see what the big deal is. You press a button that takes three seconds. You could spec Misery, or Shadow Crash if you really, really insist on being Shadow.

There are many leggacy bosses that u cant kill as holy cause if u dont zerg them fast enough they activate one shot mechanics or reset cause they CC you. Oh right we need to change spec to deal with trash and bosses seperately.
    I don't see what the big deal is. I will switch from Vengeance to Havoc or Blood to Frost for these same reasons. It's not like there is ANY hassle in changing specs whatsoever.

My holy main can reach up to 2M aoe with a tuure proc and holy nova spam on a trash pull with 10mobs in a current content dungeon or raid, while my poor shadow spec can only watch other specs to kill them. And this is balanced right? Our community has serious issues...
    I already said it would be an issue if Holy was out-classing Shadow in damage on current content. But this is an issue of tuning- which isn't particularly applicable in regards to one-shottable mobs

Quote Originally Posted by Asewo View Post
    What about the 50 grubs killing quest on the Broken Shore? Or the 30 imps one? Is that current enough for you naysayers? Or are the goalposts going to shift again?
    Sure, they do take a little longer as Shadow than as most other DPS specs. I can't say I notice it terribly because I'm usually doing WQs with both Misery and Shadow Crash. There's a big difference, though, between "there's a couple quests that are annoying on this spec," and "I can do outdoor content better as a healer, WTF?" All things taken into account, Shadow is still a pretty darn good spec for getting your WQs done.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2017-05-24 at 05:04 PM.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    It is why my priest is holy. Ever since Mind Sear was removed I had issues with old content and just never switched back from holy because of it.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Go ahead and do the Imp WQ in Broken Shore. Still having fun?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't kill animus 25 hc in ToT on my SP, sad times. Even tried holy but the damage of holy nova is pitiful against the golems xD Guess I'll just have to do it on 10 instead. Anyone had better luck?

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    You're complaining because your spec isn't balanced around out of date content?
    It's not just in out of date content. It also applies to low-health mobs in current content. Shadow cannot AoE effectively on small mobs because the DoTs + Flay will kill the mob and end Mind Sear really quickly.

Really, really dumb decision by Blizzard.